Teacher crushes are so annoying!

Hey there,

Has anyone ever had a crush on a teacher? There so annoying! I mean it's not like the teachers are ever going to date you.

I have this crush on one of my school pe teachers and it's tearing me up inside because every other girl in gym class fall at his feet and worship his exact move!

What is worse is that sometimes I feel unattractive and I think 'well even if he was allowed to date students, he wouldn't date me because there are girls more attractive than me anyway

Because we have female techers for gym EVERYTIME this male teacher walks in every girl is like constanly gauping at him and watching him very carefully.

I hate teacher crushes because you know it will never work out. I'm leaving school for good soon and I'm not sure I bare leaving him there!

Is that pathetic?

Miya

Yes, once with one teacher @ the university. I was 21 and she 24.

We flirted a lot, went to take coffe, inside the campus, a couple of times. Once I drove her to her home.

Suddenly she freaked out as she was also trying to get an scholarship for a doctor degree, and after that we barely talked again...

one of my ex co-workers ended up hooking up with a teacher, about two weeks before he left for basic training. hahaha

Don't feel unatractive because of that. He's a professional who would't risk ruining his career, so I bet he tries to keep those kinds of thoughts out of his mind.

You must be pretty young, haha, don't get all worked up over it because, well, it happens.

I went to high school with a girl who was dating one of our math teachers while we were still in school. Quite the scandal. Crushes are fun, though! I still have a crush on my 6th grade teacher. He was dreamy and so funny and creative. I love that man! I still keep in touch with him. One of the best teachers I've ever had.

I've never had a crush on a teacher. I've thought some of my high school teachers were kind of cute, but nothing more.

It's perfectly normal, a lot of my friends had crushes on teachers.

I can see why it would be annoying. However, don't let it make you feel bad about yourself. If he knows whats good for everyone, he wouldn't even consider dating anyone in your grade. So its not even worth thinking about.

Well it's nice to know it's a normal feeling and that I am normal

It's embarresing actually, You see he's seen me once or twice BUT everytime I see him and sees me I can't stop smiling!!! I feel like such a pillock!

Well I'm 16 if you must know and that smiling thing is so shildish. I feel really goofy lol!

Is actually wrong to flirt with them? No harm is there? every else does it and it looks like fun?

Well It's just me in one of those moods were I feel like doing whatever I want ....

See ya and thanks for sharing your stories and thoughts on the topic!

Miya

Dudes I agree there is nothing wrong with having a crush on your teacher, its' much worse if your teacher has a crush on you. Trust me that suks. I think my that one of my teachers has a crush on me. She keeps looking at me all the time. When I look at her she smiles, she gigles and laughs alot. She is pretty young and girls from our grade talk to her all the time. This is weird but they actually talk about guys with a teacher. I would hear my name being mentioned alot. Lol.

Oh yes, when I was in 10th grade, our english teacher was fresh out of college. He was 22, younger than I am now. So, 16, 22...not too bad. He was engaged, and one day in spring he came in to class and we could see he had been crying-- CRYING! And we were all like "what's wrong?!" (it's not really every day one sees their teacher CRYING!) and he was like "well, put it this way...I'm not engaged anymore."

All the girls were immedeatly like "awwwwww! poor baby!" and the general goosh. And the boys were like "oooo ouch! dude that's so harsh!"

He loved to read my fiction, he actually took the time to read a whole notebook of stories I had written, and wrote me a long note about how I have a very special gift and I really need to foster and nurture it. He was like "I am not just saying this because I'm your teacher...I read some of these to my niece, and she liked them!" Oh man did I BLUSH! Right now, I have an art class, and the teacher is really cute, but he's also gay, so...yeah.

Hey, good news American students

The ammount of teachers having afairs with kids is absolutly disturbingly high, so high, the only thing left to be said is 'only in America.' I had a crush on my grade 2 teacher. Yup, that's right, grade 2, but i'm pretty sure she had a thing for me.

haha, i'm just playin, eh!

Tons of people get crushes on at least one teacher at some point in their school career. The thing is is that they are fun to have a crush on b/c they are total fantasy. But if you actually had a relationship it would be awkward and weird.

A college professor I had(who was decently handsome) every girl in my class had a crush on him, but he actually started to flirt with me one day and it was extremely weird, embarrassing and uncomfortable and I was over 21, so I'd bet it'd be even weirder at 16.

That's a good way to get over it- think what would actually happen- what people would say, what your parents would think- what it would be like meeting his parents, etc. Trust me- that is a quick surefire way to stop crushing. Look for cute boys in your class!

Also, if you do intend to flirt be careful, teachers can get in a lot of trouble for flirting w/students, particularly since you are under 18.

whoa! I'm not sure what people would think if they thought I was dating a teacher.

Crushes are strange, they feel nice to have but after a while of admiring the guy/gurl you feel crap because you know it's not going to work out for some reason.

Every gurl fancies this guy. It's pathetic really (in a funny way) every gurl looks at him as though he fell from heaven. Then you think 'what is everyone looking at?' then you look yourself and you think .... WOW!

lol that probably sounds crazy and bizarre.

Later on in my school years, a Swedish PE teaching assistant was introduced, and everyone was like WOW . One of the things that made her 'fine' was that she put tons of make-up on (not too much, but you could definitely tell), and we were going through our hormone-changing stage. Mysterious Gurl, we're both 16 coming to 17, and it's normal that you might fancy a teacher at a school, because to be honest I surely did

I leave school in about 3 and a half moths and I don't want to leave! well I do but I don't want to leave him there. But I'm stayin at the college there so I can get a couple more grades to do an advanced course in another college.

So I can still see him!

The other day I had to leave gym early to go to doctors and he was doing badminton so I walked up to him (as he was the only teacher around) and he was looking straight ay mt face and i was like could NOT stop smiling. I told him I had to go and he just smiled at me and said 'okay then c'ya after!' and I walked of badminton class with a big cheesy grin on my face! I felt silly but ... there we are we have out moments!

Miya

I had a crush on a few TAs actually...

One of which I was obsessed over; we hit it off great & then he started to ignore me like a grade-A @ss.

The other was pretty cool; we went out for coffee and he flirted with me big time. I didn't really know it at the time though, being cautious, and just acted cool. He said to keep in touch after class ended. (actually the other guy said this as well, but I took it as being facetious.) I e-mailed this guy back though & he never e-mailed me back...I was really professional and uninterested in my e-mail though since he only gave me a B+ on my essay (highest in the class, but he still marked harsh...) so I got the impression that he wasn't really interested. Who knows. There's been too many instances where I felt led on by TAs though and nothing happened in the end, so really just forget about him, you'll get over it eventually. It's better than being hurt in the end anyways, as it's true, nothing will come of it.

In general teachers will ignore you, even be rude to you if you have a crush on them. This is becuase if anyone suspects they are up to something, THEY are the ones who will lose thier job and thier reputation. So don't be surprised if they are mean or even hostile to you because you like them. Don't take it personally: They just want to keep thier job and thier repuation.

haha, I think he was replying to me actually

I_Love_Rain, I think you're right...he might have thought I was interested in him and knowing that decided to just completely ignore me to be on the safe side, and just give me a hint that he wasn't interested. At the same time I'm not so immature that I would actually do anything while he's my teacher, you know what I mean? I still maintain that he was acting a bit immature. But whatever...he's not my TA anymore, and I don't see him anymore (unless we happen to cross paths which is seldom), so it's not like it matters anymore anyway.

[edit] the most annoying part of this is if he thinks I like him, which he probably does. I don't mind if he ignores me so much, but if he's doing it because he thinks I like him it's even more annoying. What's actually funny about this is that I had a boyfriend at the time that he was teaching me...so I wouldn't have done anything anyway.