Dumped... How to move on?

Redabc123

Thank you for this! I think I embarrassed myself enough with the " I'm here for you texts" it doesn't seem to care and I'm sure has moved on to someone else. I appreciate your advice since you have been through this before. I think him ignoring me caused me to get overly emotional.it sucks because he will happily move on as I'm still trying to get over him. The only right choice I have made so far is removing myself from social media.

I was like you I dated my ex for 5 months and I was emotionally more wrapped up then she was and then to make matters worse she said lets be friends and don't hate me. Then 2 weeks later she gets in a relationship with someone else and it hurt. but hey I ignored the red flags and paid the price. Its funny cause now her relationship is starting to fall apart but I know my worth and that I'm a decent person and that there is someone out there for me. Yes it sucks to see relationships fail when they can be a potential life partner but everything happens for a reason either to teach us a lesson or to make us stronger and prepare for the next one to come into our lives Stay busy with friends and family or take up a new hobby. Also changing something about the way you look helps too! But you were happy once before you met your ex you will be happy again.

If it works for him, then why change it? Its not your fault, he has been playing his whoa is me game a lot longer than you so its okay to admit you were duped. Ive been duped several times by several methods and you just cant blame yourself for falling for it. You are a genuine person with a good heart. Don't beat yourself up over sending the "Im here for you" texts, its what he wants to hear. And if he moved on to someone else, instead of feeling bad for you, feel bad for the next girl that has to deal with his games. Poor girl has no idea what she is in for.. ha ha.. BTW.. he is going to use the exact same games on her. The cycle continues..You should be happy that you got off his one pony merry-go-round.

Johnnib... was this girl gorgeous to you? The hotter the girl or guy, the more tolerant we become of their antics. If you are dating a hot girl, but she is crazy, we deal with it a lot longer than an average looking crazy girl. Its true.. LOL

If it works for him, then why change it? Its not your fault, he has been playing his whoa is me game a lot longer than you so its okay to admit you were duped. Ive been duped several times by several methods and you just cant blame yourself for falling for it. You are a genuine person with a good heart. Don't beat yourself up over sending the "Im here for you" texts, its what he wants to hear. And if he moved on to someone else, instead of feeling bad for you, feel bad for the next girl that has to deal with his games. Poor girl has no idea what she is in for.. ha ha.. BTW.. he is going to use the exact same games on her. The cycle continues..You should be happy that you got off his one pony merry-go-round.

Ugh it upsets me that it's going to play out this way just the thought of him dating someone else sucks. I wish I would have never sent that texts. I'm sure he is laughing at what a fool I am. When guys did this to you did they ever come back and apologize?

That's really sucks to hear when he said he didn't want a gf or what he wanted do you think that was just to let me down easy?

We don't really know his life or his journey. Could he end up in a happy relationship in 5 years? Maybe.

But, think of it this way. He's obviously not had success in relationships - with two divorces. No matter whose fault it was, two divorces are tough on anyone. So, it could be he's got a lot of other things and other priorities and over the course of dating found that with you, what he thought he wanted was not what he wanted. Of course that has to be with you AND him. It's a mix of where he is emotionally and how he feels about you over time.

That's what compatibility is about ... 1) being the right person and 2) being with the right person. You need both.

But, again, this had no future from the start. He just realized it first.

Ugh it upsets me that it's going to play out this way just the thought of him dating someone else sucks. I wish I would have never sent that texts. I'm sure he is laughing at what a fool I am. When guys did this to you did they ever come back and apologize?

Wow, you must think he's an awful person! If you think he's laughing at you for what a fool you are, you must believe he's a Class-A a-hole. And if you think so badly of him, why do you want to be with him?

When guys do what to you?

He broke up, texted you a reply that said you were a lovely person and said his head is a mess.

What is he going to apologize for?

well, five months is plenty of time to feel a connection and get yourself to a place where you care about him. some relationships may be short, but they can still be just as intense for the people in them as a longer relationship. don't "pooh pooh" your feelings!

I know what you mean about the pain of being ignored. it sounds like he just isn't over the second marriage, and that may very well be that that has more to do with the family unit breaking up more so than a pining for the ex wife. don't beat yourself up bbecause you responded to him. just go NC NOW. you don't owe him any more than the politeness i'm sure you've already shown him. i'm betting, as i'm sure you already know, he is just still struggling over what happened with marriage number two. don't take that personally.

go get your hair done. go running. paint your nails. go to lunch wearing heels and skirt. take up water color. join a meet up in your area. (as someone on here reminded us, there is link removed, and you can find all kinds of stuff in your area). just let that man be, and you will get over him eventually. treat yourself well and have some fun, and you will eventually be over this man. just leave him alone. if he texts you again, IGNORE IT. you are not responsible for his well being, you're responsible for YOUR well being. and you know, we never ever know what the future holds for us. but, a man doesn't want a woman who wants to cling to him, so DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT fall into the "lets be friends" trap. it will only make you feel clingy and miserable!!

best wishes!

Thank you for this I don't ever plan on contacting him again especially because of my last text. I don't think he will be contacting me either. I did care for him which is probably what's making mefeel icky. Him not replying to me just made it worse. Even though he mentioned he is a mess a feel like it was me, he just got over me so quick.I hope I eventually get over it all I do is keep replaying this over in mind and its making me feel worse. I don't really feel like doing much but laying in bed and crying. Have you ever been though something like this? What did you do?

Archived