Thank you everyone for all the posts! I hope this helps anyone else dealing with the pain of their break up. I wanted to share a few movies that havent been mentioned that helped me:

Girl Most Likely

Sliding Doors

Frances Ha

Kill Bill Vol. 1

Picture Perfect

I Hate Valentine's Day

Breakin All the Rules

Someone Like You

High Fidelity

The Break Up

Begin Again** (LOVED)

Some of these have happy endings but they dont necessarily end the way or how you expect them to, but thats life!

If anyone has any other suggestions let me know

the break up! also i watched sex and the city from season 1. it went goes through many failed relationships and is so funny plus there are soo many episodes! kept me distracted.

oh yes ive seen sex and the city before! maybe i'll watch it again! thank you

Game of Thrones! Because it's an amazing series featuring lots of plot twists and gore. It's not going to heal you by addressing relationship difficulties. It will heal you by letting you know that life is precious because people get poisoned and/or get their heads chopped off at any moment.

Relationshipy films/shows that I like:

Casablanca

Gone with the Wind

Under the Tuscan Sun (one of my repeat favorites)

Sex and the City

Legally Blonde

Bridget Jones' Diary

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind..................

When I first saw this beautiful movie, I thought that I'd really like it if this concept were possible.....I actually gave it a lot of thought, even was told of a "healer" that could actually do a similar thing.....make one "forget" that the person that broke their heart never existed....

The more I thought about it though, I came to realize that although I invested 5 years with her, and would like to "get over" her quickly and this seemed like the way to go, that I wanted the memories....both good AND bad....

The time with her helped define who I am, who I want to be, who I don't want to be and that my boundaries are and would ever more be sacred to me....

Erasing the memories of and with her would be counterproductive and although she hurt me to the core like no woman ever did before, that I did want to remember so that I would never forget and repeat what she did to me.......

Peace all.....

SJ

No one has mentioned this movie yet... seems like it slipped under the radar of most people. Helped me realize a lot of things, even if I'm not completely there yet. I urge everyone to check it out, or at least the trailer

What If

Wallace, who is burned out from a string of failed relationships, forms an instant bond with Chantry, who lives with her longtime boyfriend. Together, they puzzle out what it means if your best friend is also the love of your life.

No one has mentioned this movie yet... seems like it slipped under the radar of most people. Helped me realize a lot of things, even if I'm not completely there yet. I urge everyone to check it out, or at least the trailer

What If

Wallace, who is burned out from a string of failed relationships, forms an instant bond with Chantry, who lives with her longtime boyfriend. Together, they puzzle out what it means if your best friend is also the love of your life.

I saw this movie when it first came out, but i didnt really think about it. Looking back now I think this movie shows us that if two people are really meant to be together they will eventually end up together no matter the circumstances! Thanks for the suggestion

I know exactly what you mean. At first you think this is a wonderful wonderful concept! Erasing all of the pain from your mind would be a quick fix to get over someone. But, when I re-watched the movie (this past valentines day, a month after the break up) it hit me hard. Theres one scene where almost all of the memories are gone and he's begging not to erase one...not this one! just let me keep this memory. And at that moment I realized that as much as I hated my ex for all the pain he caused me I want to keep some of the memories, like you said, both good and bad. You learn so much from a relationship and the mistakes that you made and they made teaches you a lot about how not to act in a relationship and what you do want in a relationship.

I do warn everyone that this a difficult movie to watch and I don't suggest watching it early in the separation.

Archived