sex on a womans period

zebragirl

I am curious if this is something that is generally a turn off to guys and if it's typically not something done? I know it obviously varies from person to person. I've never had sex on my period and am slightly self conscious about doing so but as a woman, when I get my period it doesn't stop me from feeling "in the mood" . I just wonder if, most people wait till every spot of color is gone before they will have sex with someone or if it's something most people just don't really think that much about. I think it's obvious that if you were just starting to date someone or having a one night thing it might be more of a turn off than in a long term relationship but honestly I have no idea, so that's why I ask. I am feeling silly even asking to be honest. But the fact that I still get completely turned on even during that time of the month, makes me wonder how other people handle it.

I understand that everyone is different I just wondered if there are generally more people that don't care. My partner has always been kind of turned off I guess. I don't know if it's that or just the fact that he's afraid of the mess. So I don't push it obviously during that time , But it seriously cuts a lot of time out of the month for me since I'm not on the pill and I have several days of "spotting" that can never make up their mind of they are going to stay or go. Sorry tmi.

I understand that everyone is different I just wondered if there are generally more people that don't care. My partner has always been kind of turned off I guess. I don't know if it's that or just the fact that he's afraid of the mess. So I don't push it obviously during that time , But it seriously cuts a lot of time out of the month for me since I'm not on the pill and I have several days of "spotting" that can never make up their mind of they are going to stay or go. Sorry tmi.

Well...then it won't matter if everyone else has no problem with it...because your.partner does!

I agree...a towel solves the problems.

In my last LTR, I always found that it was more of an issue for her than me (self-consciousness). We would never really do the deed in the first couple days unless we truly couldn't resist.

While it's not pretty, I didn't really care about having blood on me - we'd just slip a towel under just in case. If your partner is really grossed out, I suppose using a condom would help a little. If you've been with someone for a long time, you've seen much worse things, believe me.

I never used to want to do it on my period. My ex bf had no problem with it and actually wanted to, we compromised to do it on the last couple of days where it's just a bit of colour and wouldn't make a mess. But now that I'm used to it and comfortable with it, current bf doesn't like the idea haha... He too find the idea of being covered in blood horrifying. But he compromised and will do it on the last couple of days where there's just a bit of colour, he said he just wont look down and it's fine lol! I find it less than ideal (and childish lol) that he's not comfortable with even just a bit of colour, but I'm not too bothered since he compromised.

Does your bf refuse to do it even with just a bit of colour? Afterall it's not like full on bleeding! Try ask him just not to look down haha...

As a guy, I can honestly say it doesn't bother me one way or the other. The only times it has bothered me are times when I didn't know until afterwards, and I'm sure you can understand why...

I can also say as a guy with a lot of promiscuous male friends who like to talk, I appear to be in the minority, I appear to be the only one in my group of friends that is totally not bothered by it.

The question I have is, does sex feel any different when you're on your period (i.e. does it provide some sort of therapeutic effect if you usually get painful cramps)?

There are rumours out there it does for some... Just curious, is all.

It does. It's more lubricated. Everything seems to "gel" just a little bit better than normal.

I won't do it on the first day or two. Afterwards is fine, if he's really wanting it.

(In my case, though, (may be TMI) it happened once when I wasn't expecting a period, at all, and during intercourse I just started gushing blood (so it seemed). It got EVERYWHERE. I was horrified. I jumped into the shower immediately, passed a huge blood clot, freaked out more, got hysterical, all the while he had been scrubbing the mattress (it GUSHED); when he heard me crying, he jumped into the shower with me and just held me. I am still scarred by the experience!!)

I pray that doesn't happen to my worst enemy.

Archived