I broke up with my ex we tried staying friends and things didn't work out.

My friend died and she said nothing to me just hung up the phone when I tried to call her.

I sent her a few texts non threatening, wasn't often and it was just asking why she done certain things, she didn't reply but read them and said not to contact her. I understand this but she showed no emotion and I can see why she sent what she did so she can use it against me.

She has now reported me for Harassment to the local police and I have to go in to the police station tomorrow, also its my birthday monday I feel like its a horrible game.

Any advice on what I should say or details to give.

Thanks

When an ex tells you not to contact them anymore, do not contact them anymore. Period. It doesn't matter what your reasoning is either. You have no leg to stand on what so ever. She is no longer part of your life and has absolutely no obligation to remain in contact with you at all. She asked you not to contact her, and you contacted her anyway. That amounts to harassment no matter which way you slice it. She was well within her right to report you to the police and get an order of restraint to stop any further harassment from you. If you disobey her after the order is given to you by the court, you will go to jail.

Stop harassing your ex and move on with your life, without her in it. Hopefully this lesson won't ever be repeated by you again. Tough lesson to learn. But a necessary one none the less.

As far as what to say in court? Tell the truth. Say you're sorry. And that you will never ever be in contact with her for any reason ever again. Hopefully that will suffice.

jit, happy birthday to you! here what it is.

it is very hard to comprehend that someone who used to be close to us (or so we thought) is NOT a friend.

For some people "a friend" is someone with whom they exchanged a few words. For others "friend" means much more. Many people call coworkers friends or even family. It can get very confusing for those people who put strong meaning on a term "friend".

She is not your friend. She does not care whether you lost someone to death. She does not care whether or not you live. She does not care whether or not you have your birthday. She does not care how you feel. She cares to be right. She cares to be in control of her life. Your presence in her life makes her feel bad. This is why she behaves as she does. And she will never explain that to you because one has to have an extraordinary insight and courage to do it and if she had that, she would have never been who she is, but a different person.

Here what you need to do. Understand that contacting her and asking answers is like shaking naked maple tree for an apple to fall. Make a commitment not to do it anymore. Then go to police on Monday. Have your texts with you, preferably printed out. Have your cell phone that you used to send those texts from. Your id. Express an apology and say that you have no experience with break up and you are sorry that your contacts made her scared. That you will never contact her anymore and that is your word. Be respectful and do not be defensive. Lay it all out as is and say "I am sorry, I will not do that again. It has been a good lesson for me". Let them decide what to do. Accept their decision no matter what it will be. Do not argue. If you will get angry, swallow and keep cool. You do not want more trouble.

Good luck and stay away from this girl

Archived