Let my boyfriend go to a dance with another girl?

Apparently some other girl that goes to another school asked my boyfriend to the Winter Formal. MY BOYFRIEND. Key word: BOYFRIEND. For almost three months.

She obviously has a crush on him and wants him as her date, in all that implies.

And so that you know just as much as I do: "i just agreed to go to this girls winter ball dance at her school i dont really want to go, but since im a nice guy, i said yes BUT FOR THE LOVE OF GOD..... she calls me up all the time and talks to me online ALLLL the time and every time she does its nothing but annoying annoying annoying small talk that really makes me want to kill myself yeah so her name is brittany and she has always had a mad crush on me (actually, first my younger brother, and then me) and now im going to her dance with her. this certainly goes WITHOUT SAYING, but obviously there is nothing going on between us and im just going with her to be nice and friendly. i still love you and all that good stuff."

Don't you think he should have told her that he has a girlfriend? Don't you think it a bit odd that he's agreeing to go to a dance with this girl that he claims to hate, when you consider that he doesn't even really like dances or dancing? And the dance is a formal, there will be slow dancing and the like...

I think that going to a dance with someone who is NOT his girlfriend (but who obviously wants to be) isn't just "being nice", it could be "cheating", and he's only telling me to alleviate some of his guilt.

Opinions, please?

Going to a dance with another girl while having a girlfriend is NOT a way of being a nice guy. That's being a scumbag. Let him know, but you may want to use nicer words than that since he's your boyfriend. There's no excuse for him having to go with that girl. Take care of it right away.

Well, I think he was trying to be a nice guy, because he did not want to reject this other girl. On the toher hand, he is your bf. What he needs to understand is that sometimes, you just need to suck it up in life and do the dirty work, like telling her: "NO, I have a gf."

What to do now? He can call her up, say NO and blame you. Of course, that is you putting him in a tough spot, but he really did it to himself. or Let him go and make him try to make something up to you.

He's not interested and won't be in her, if that is any consolation.

hmm ask him how HE would feel if YOU went to a formal dance with someone he doesn't know and you barely know.

Actually, if you fell like being a jack@$$, then why dont you just go ahead and do it. see how he feels. Just make sure the person that you ask knows your intentions

If the situations were reversed, he'd be on this board or somewhere swearing up and down that you'd wronged him, and he'd have a ton of posters egging him on telling him everything you'd be doing behind his back with the guy...

Boys with girlfriends do not go to dances with other girls, and especially not just because the girl asked him a lot...

Tell him calmly and cooly that it's not appropriate. If he still goes, dump him.