Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

" In a box not a bottle" Asperger's revealed

Seraphim

You are lucky there, but that does not mean you do not "fit in" with the group. I didn't know that your son not being aggressive negated your life as a parent to a child with Asperger's or your value to the group. I bet you didn't know that, either. I'd make a complaint to someone above her. She has no business leading this group.

You are lucky there, but that does not mean you do not "fit in" with the group. I didn't know that your son not being aggressive negated your life as a parent to a child with Asperger's or your value to the group. I bet you didn't know that, either. I'd make a complaint to someone above her. She has no business leading this group.

It is tricky because in some instances she's my boss. I am contracted to the center and different people employ my services and she's one of them.

I guess one's child needs to be non verbal and smoke you in the head constantly for people to think you are worthy of support. I have heard that from one of the parents in the group and now her.

My son only has limited aggression now that he's older. He did have aggression at school when he was young. He would attack teachers and throw furniture. Now he is much more controlled.

My son finally told me what happened with the online game. The guy was harassing him and told him he HAD to play him and would not let him leave the game or he would report him to an admin. He would play cards that would preclude my son from playing and then kept calling him a nube. So finally after being bullied that way for half hour my son called the guy a name and my husband intervened in the game .

The infighting between different groups trying to provide care for special needs kids is atrocious . My God we all have the same goal people . Get.over.it. A society here that does observation for parents to get special needs supports likes to squabble with our center all the time . There was a lady from the society in the room on Monday and she talked to me like I'm a door knob . I said hey look I'm never met this child before today .I've never been in this room even before today. I don't know these children .I don't know the dynamic. I don't know the routine so how about if we tone it down a bit . I was just thrown in this room and into this job because they are so desperate for help it's not even funny so let's not give me a hard time . I can walk. I don't have to do this . She toned it down quite a bit after that .

I am just not prepared to take crap anymore .

awwww!!!!

Also, it helps to bring in a photo of the hairstyle he wants so the barber can help him get to that look.

They know him there so it should be easy. But unless it is some place he goes daily he has trouble communicating. The bank too... I recite what he needs to say and then he turns and tells the teller. Most places we frequent in town are patient with him as they know he is autistic. That is great.

He wants me to social coach his independence. I have to go on instinct because it is my best ally so far. It got us where we are today. College! I can do this . One day you will be independent . WE can do it.

He is amazing. Today he said, it is important to acknowledge difference without making it wrong and providing accessibility to those who are different.