Advise on how to break up with someone

art vandaleigh

Hi everyone. I've been dating my girlfriend for 6 months and although I do really like her I know it's just not going to work. We broke up up 1 month ago and got back together after 2 weeks now I want to break up with her again. She is into drinking and drugs and she promised nit to do it anymore but it keeps coming back. We spoke about getting marries and I told her I love her. I do love her but I know in my heart of hearts she is. It for me. How do i do the beak up? Thank you in advance

You can tell her that those issues are the reason for the split, and that could eventually help her when she's ready to face up to her problems. But be ready for her to make desperate pleas and claim that she will change for you.

Ultimately, she will need to hit rock bottom to finally address her problems, but you can't be responsible for helping her through them...your responsibility is working towards your own happiness. Good luck.

Your return to her was conditional, and she broke those conditions, so you don't owe her some big formal breakup. You did that already. Next time she contacts you, I'd just respond by saying, "You didn't hold up your part of the bargain, and I'm done." Then I'd block her and work on my own healing.

I do, and I know deep down I hate drugs and clchole. I have some of her things, it's just going to be crap when I have to give them back, how do I do the break up?

The best way to go about this is already have her things gathered together for her in a box or something. That way you're not only finalizing things right then and there, but you're not giving her or yourself to opportunity to have to see each other again under awkward circumstances - and it helps you not cave in to begging because it'll all be done.

Best wishes. You've gotten great advice - just be honest and go in to the situation KNOWING you will be single by the end of it.

I can't explain this but I'm really worried to do it even though I will because we spoke about marriage

Spoke about marriage? After only 6 short months of dating? That's still the getting to know you part of a relationship. Forget about the marriage talk you had - it's not working for you and that's all the reason you need to end it.

Archived