Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

Bah's random musings / journal

oitnb

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply
All you can do is make up the difference now. Hugs.

Yup. Very true, it's just a hard habit to break. This may come accross as an excuse, but ever since like kindergarten my parents let me miss school whenever I wanted. I'd throw a fit to stay home, and they'd let me. So it's a pretty ingrained habit that is tough to break. Hugs

• 1 month later...

Thanks blue.

The flight into vegas was fine, besides the landing. I heard loud skidding, way louder than the videos, and the plane seemed to be fishtailing and rocking back and forth A LOT. I asked my friend who was on the flight and has flown like 30 times if that was normal, and she said no. It was "one of the roughest landings she's experienced" how's that for a first flight! Lol. The flight coming home was fine. I got a little tipsy before hand at the airport since it was my 21st birthday

The actual trip into vegas was fun, but honestly, a little overrated. I couldn't do much because it was a school function, (I couldn't even drink there for my birthday ) and my schedule was packed. Classes and motivational speaking. A man from cananda, who is apparently pretty famous there, spoke. He was born with no arms because of a drug his birth mother took, and he could play the piano, and drums with his feet! He was pretty dang funny too.

A deaf comedian, Kathy buckely, also was a speaker. She was my favorite. Not only was she halarious, she was so inspirational. She was born deaf and was institutionalized for the first years of her life. She was molested growing up, had tried to commit suicide 5 times by the time she was 18, and when she was 20 she was ran over by a lifeguard at the beach while sunbathing and died in site. She came back, recovered, and then was diagnosed with cancer. The cancer went away and then it came back, and she recovered again. She is such a strong inspirational woman.

Lizzie valcuaez (spelling is probably wrong) also spoke. She's the woman Internet trolls had deemed "the ugliest woman alive", she was also amazing. Not a dry eye in the place.

The classes were medicore, though. Nothing I haven't learned in school already. Honestly the whole event was medicore to me, besides the motovations speaking. My school really hyped it up to be great and I was pretty let down.

Now I'm Jett laged and just gonna relax

Archived