• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, this seems an unexpected turn of tides?

PA get better real soon. Enjoy Christmas. Can you tell us what sort of surgery it was? Appendectomy, or something similar?

If not, then I don't mean to pry.

Many good prayers, vibes, well wishes and all for PA. She'll be up and around in no time.

11Flower

AWWWWWWW! You guys are the sweetest bunch I've ever known! I am feeling so much better just from reading all of your encouraging words! I'm still trying to take it easy, but I was able to go out with my family today, so that was nice. Basically it's a pretty icky situation. I suffer from something called a pilonidal cyst. I had surgery for it last year too- it's basically a cyst that is pretty much attached to my tail bone. When it gets irritated, the whole area gets infected and VERY painful. Last year it got so bad that I was in bed for two weeks unable to walk!

Luckily we caught it early enough this time. But still, I am a little less satisfied with how this scenario turned out. Last time the original meds worked and cleared up the infection really fast. I was able to go on my trip to New York once I could walk again, and the surgery was a few weeks later. I really felt fine after. This time, the meds didn't work, and when I went in for my surgical consultation on Tuesday, they basically said, "hmm the cyst is back, we'll fit you into the schedule for day surgery TODAY"! Now I'm the kind of person who doesn't do well with any of these nasty little surprises. So I'm stressed and ill-prepared for all of this, which didn't do much to help me deal with the PHYSICAL stresses.

Then things just got worse. When I woke up, I didn't feel nearly as good as last time. And this time they didn't stitch me up! They just left this big hole in my body right above my butt! Sheesh! But the worst surprise came yesterday. I am supposed to change the dressing on the "wound" twice a day. What they DIDN'T tell us is that while I was unconscious for the surgery, they packed a whole bunch of gauze in there as tightly as they could! And I'm supposed to get this stuff out and re-pack more in twice a day! And because of where the "wound" is, my mom has to do a lot of it. I spent 2 hours in the shower trying to rip this stuff out of this hole in my backside... I was bawling my eyes out. It was awful! In the end I just couldn't get it out. So this morning we had to go back to the hospital and have THEM take it out for me. *shakes head*

*sigh* It was not fun, and I just had to redo it all about half an hour ago... And I'll have to KEEP doing it until the incision is closed up on its own. So there's all the icky details for you! LOL! But don't worry, it's not life-threatening. Luckily I have a very supportive family, and a loving boyfriend who knows EXACTLY what I'm going through!

You guys are really incredible and I love you! The last 48 hours have been some of the worst of my life, but your encouragement has made it all okay!!!! I'll do my best to stay in touch! But don't expect to hear from me once I'm in California! Hehehe! Merry Christmas and happy holidays, everyone! I'm thinking of you!!!!!!

Love,

Kari (PAdreamer)

holy crap that sounds like more than i can handle. you're strong

best wishes to you on this holiday! and here's hoping for a good new year, i think a LOT of us need it.

I hope for a quick recovery for you and that you'll be back to your old you before we know it, give us a heads up when all is healed up and better

Hi PA,

Have you heard of Arnica Montana, a holistic remedy? I've used several remedies for different things and they really have worked for me.

Arnica Montana can be bought at a local health store. If you take these little micro-size round beads, they will help heal your wound 3x as fast, esp. at your age. This remedy also helps against bleeding. In fact, you could ask a holistic expert , maybe someone at the health store, and they can guide you to remedies against infection. Trust me, this works. I've used these many times, and they work, because the body is what is healing you, and this speeds it up naturally. Not that you shouldn't be under medical guidance, but these are an addition and can be taken every 3 hours. Just watch them work! I hope you try Arnica Montana and find other remedies for the condition troubling you as you stay under medical monitoring. The remedies may just lessen the symptoms and recurrence, and definitely heal you faster! Everyone's different though so you'd have to find what works for you. But Arnica works just GREAT.

11Flower

Hehehe! Well the good news is that I don't have to see it! LOL! But I feel bad for my mom. It's hard enough for a parent to watch while their child goes through pain and discomfort, but it's even worse to participate in the things that are casuing them discomfort. But we're both handling it pretty well, I think. At this point, my only worry is that I won't be healed enough to really enjoy my trip.