Starting a new chapter of my life

blackmilk

So, today is my birthday, and as such, I am making myself a promise to promote self-love. You see, my ex left me nearly three months ago, and that break up made me feel so low about myself. I finally feel I can pick myself up and see the beauty that is within myself. I believe with self-love, I can achieve anything I set my mind to. I think entering my twenties is the first page of my new life. I am so happy and excited to see what life has in store for me. Thank you to everyone who has supported me through my struggles.

That is the spirit, and happy birthday to you. I hope this becomes your best year ever.

Birthday time is tricky for most of us, so don't fear any down days--they're not permanent setbacks.

The first year after a breakup is one of reclaiming your milestones and holidays and other sentimental times and places, so allow yourself your fair share of tenderness and grief while it all shakes out. Time is the magic ingredient, along with a commitment to positive outcomes, which you already possess.

Head high, you're doing great!

Archived