Coloscopy and cervical biopsy

vix8

I recently just had a coloscopy and cervical biopsy done. This is my 3rd time since I've been HPV positive. Last result was negative, and apparently I need two negatives to make sure, so I'm praying this comes back negative. I just simply can't go through what I went through again. Usually the doctor would tell me to cough as he took the simple to lessen the pain since they don't freeze you or anything. This time he didn't and it hurt so bad. I asked some questions and found out that he takes the sample from the same place, so he is going over scar tissue. He tells me that he only takes if something is suspicious, and the scar tissue is inflammation, so when he sees inflammation he has to take from that too. SO DUMB! Can doctors not tell apart from inflammation and infection? So yeah this time ing hurt so bad. I screamed so loud and was literally begging him to stop and they were lying to me saying they were going to take it out while finishing up the procedure to get it done (which I understand) but still I was shaking so bad, my legs were actually trembling. I've never trembled so hard before. And I couldn't breathe I was having a panic attack and they went to give me orange juice so I wouldn't faint, and I'm trying to drink it and it's spilling all over me because my lips are shaking so much. I feel so traumatized through this whole HPV experience. I don't even want to get a pap smear ever again. I feel violated and probed at. I feel like I could have just got rid of this virus myself. And I did get rid of it myself because all the doctors did was take samples while my body did all the work. No treatments exist to get rid of the virus, so why the even bother taking samples. If it's just precancerous cells then they should keep giving pap smears and update you on if you are negative, pre cancerous, or cancerous and THEN do something about it if it's serious. They make a huge deal of this virus, when really every ing person has it. I'm young and it goes away by itself. I bet you so many men have it and they can never detect it since they never get tested. But here women have to suffer and go through all this ing probing . Men probably have it and it just goes away on there own, because you DON'T NEED TO TAKE SAMPLES. It doesn't get rid of a virus. The pap smear itself detects if you have cancer. Doctors did all for me. I'm so angry, and I'm hurt, and I'm traumatized. This morning I'm in the shower pulling chunks of stuff out of me that looks like flesh and trying to shove it down the drain. I almost puked. I feel so strange inside. I have this urge to just pull out my uterus. I hate being a woman sometimes. Seriously no man will ever understand what a woman has to go through. Being probed at, monthly periods, child birth, trusting a man to put on a condom before he slips it in (even after you've talked about it), but he just does it anyways, all the sex that sells, woman constantly being looked at as sex objects (even if you don't give out those messages about yourself somehow they still happen), I've been sexually harassed and sexually minor assaulted countless times, everybody just tells a woman to shut up she's just being emotional. Ever think she has a God damn point as to why she is emotional? Quit it with the hormone excuses. Oh ya and if a young woman wants a job that's more than minimum wage, she most likely has to do sex work, while young men have construction work options or something. No wonder the depression rates are higher in woman. Seriously sometimes I feel like I'm just serving people all the time. Serving the doctors money, serving the men sex, serving the people I love my empathy. I'm so angry at this coloscopy, I couldn't even imagine what rape would feel like. That would just be horrible.

I'm so sorry this happened to you. Okay, you need to find a different doctor to go to and file complaints against that one for hurting you. Nothing is supposed to hurt like that and when it is they are supposed to give you something for the pain beforehand. A female doctor is often a better choice since they often understand what a woman feels and is going through. And what you describe in the shower doesn't sound normal either, please find someone else to check you out and just calmly tell them what happened. Find out if it's all okay, because although I'm not a doctor what you describe is not normal and no one should hurt you like that. No one.

Well, I think there are ways to make it less traumatic... ask the doctor for a tranquilizer or pain pill before you start any such procedures.

Whether it 'goes away' by itself depends on how bad the outbreak it and how widespread the warts are. And when they detect that, when they do the colopsy, they usually do either freeze off anything they see that is suspicious using liquid nitrogen, or paint them with a chemical that causes the skin to slough off (removing the wart) which may be what you are seeing in the shower, skin sloughing off that is removing the wart(s) in the process. It is pretty much the same thing they do to remove a wart from your skin (freezing or chemically burning it off), and a blister of sorts forms either way, then the skin eventually sloughs off which is what you are probably seeing.

So if you have to go back again, you can request a tranquilizer or pain pill and take it an hour or so before the exam to make the experience tolerable. Or you can always make the decision to not do it again if you really object to it... it is your body and you can decide.

Archived