Need advice on what to do :/

Redabc123

No --- that would be "closed".

Just enjoy dating. Stop expecting him to answer the way you want him to. His response was fine. He was questioning whether YOU were interested in dating.

If he wasn't interested, he would have said so.

You don't need to back up --- you just need to be more open when you see him again. And no need to talk about this any more.

Thank you for the advice, I'll see if he asks to see me this weekend, if not I dont know how interested he is.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You should not be expecting daily contact at this stage. If it happens...great. If it doesn't don't fret it. However....so you don't get antsy...try and get an idea of when Next get together will be before you get off phone or text. It will keep you calmer.

I have a novel idea... why don't you ask him if he thinks it's going anywhere?

Not talking daily doesn't mean he's not interested... it just means that you're in the beginning stages of dating. It's normal.

You can initiate contact, too. Don't always make him be the aggressor, and don't play games (holding back and not being up-front/honest are games in my book.)

Just be honest. Converse. Mhowe is right - have the important talks in person or at least via voice.

I have a novel idea... why don't you ask him if he thinks it's going anywhere?

Not talking daily doesn't mean he's not interested... it just means that you're in the beginning stages of dating. It's normal.

You can initiate contact, too. Don't always make him be the aggressor, and don't play games (holding back and not being up-front/honest are games in my book.)

Just be honest. Converse. Mhowe is right - have the important talks in person or at least via voice.

Thanks for the advice I dont want to push too much, I did tell him last night on the phone that I like hanging out with him and will open up more for him to get to know me and he just said great we will see where it goes from here. I intiated the phone call yesterday and he said he would talk to me later but I never got a phone call or text later that night or this morning. So I definitly dont want to come off needy

You should not be expecting daily contact at this stage. If it happens...great. If it doesn't don't fret it. However....so you don't get antsy...try and get an idea of when Next get together will be before you get off phone or text. It will keep you calmer.

If I here from him before the weekend I will definitly try that approch, Im hoping I didnt scare him off yesterday

Thanks for the advice I dont want to push too much, I did tell him last night on the phone that I like hanging out with him and will open up more for him to get to know me and he just said great we will see where it goes from here. I intiated the phone call yesterday and he said he would talk to me later but I never got a phone call or text later that night or this morning. So I definitly dont want to come off needy

I think you should save the psychology speak for a later time - it should be obvious that you'll open up more as you get to know him -that defines most dating interactions. It's just too heavy/intense for only 4 dates in. I don't think it's a big mistake just something to note for later.

I think you should save the psychology speak for a later time - it should be obvious that you'll open up more as you get to know him -that defines most dating interactions. It's just too heavy/intense for only 4 dates in. I don't think it's a big mistake just something to note for later.

That is exactly what I was thinking until he told me that he felt like I was holding back

Update: So no date this weekend, He said he had family in town. Intially he said he may be able to meet up for dinner( I asked him) but then the next day he texted and said that he couldnt because his family was going to dinner. I was kind of bummed about it. I didnt let him know that though. but he didnt seem all that upset that we werent hanging out. I sent him a quick text the following day just to say I hoped he had a good day and a little joke about the superbowl he quickly responded and said he hoped that I had a nice day as well. I can quickly see that Im going back to my old ways and chasing him but honestly Im getting a little impatient. I want to ask him what we are? Is this going in anywhere? I like him so far and I am physically attracted to him so I know my interest is there but Im not sure if his is. At this point I dont know if this is normal. I tried going on a date on Sunday and all I could think about was him and I wish that I was on date with him getting to know him better. Any advice would be great! Thanks guys

It is definitely too early to be this anxious. So focus on something besides when the next date will be.

Thanks for the advice, we talked on phone yesterday and honestly it doesnt sound so good, we had a good convo, but when I asked what he was doing this weekend he kept saying how busy he was and didnt know he could hang out. At this point I dont know what to think, Im guessing the ball is in his court, Im no longer going to intiate contact, Ive shown him im interested enough. Am I doing the right thing?

Yes, you've shown interest and the ball is in his court. Nothing is confusing because look at it this way. If he wanted to make a plan with you this weekend, he would have (or he will). If he doesn't, he won't. It's very simple. Don't make it confusing by trying to analyze "why" - who cares. Analyzing "why" isn't going to help you meet people who are interested in dating you -it will just waste time and probably give you an excuse to be negative about men. Avoid that, IMO.

Yes, you've shown interest and the ball is in his court. Nothing is confusing because look at it this way. If he wanted to make a plan with you this weekend, he would have (or he will). If he doesn't, he won't. It's very simple. Don't make it confusing by trying to analyze "why" - who cares. Analyzing "why" isn't going to help you meet people who are interested in dating you -it will just waste time and probably give you an excuse to be negative about men. Avoid that, IMO.

Thank you Batya33 and Mhowe your advice has been helpful I need to pull it together. Im going to let it go and if its meant to happen it will

Thank you Batya33 and Mhowe your advice has been helpful I need to pull it together. Im going to let it go and if its meant to happen it will

I'm glad you're letting it go. Nothing to do with "meant to be". Only has to do with whether he is interested enough to follow through and make plans for a date. Keep it simple like that in your head -makes it easier to keep searching.

I'm glad you're letting it go. Nothing to do with "meant to be". Only has to do with whether he is interested enough to follow through and make plans for a date. Keep it simple like that in your head -makes it easier to keep searching.

Thank you, I know that once I pull back and get over that hump it will be no problem not to contact him. I was doing well until last night around 9 he text me some smiley faces ugh stupid me I texted and asked how he was feeling, he has been sick since Monday, He went on to ask how my day went, then I explained asked how his went and then said I was heading to bed. He said goodnight and that he was doing the same. Ugh would it have been rude to ignore him? I feel like im making myself look stupid. Im trying to keep it simply in my head but thinking he will lose more interest if I dont seem interested. Does that make sense lol

Archived