Father issues? I have them?

Sweetestsin92

So a lot of the guys I attract, guys that have interest in me or just random guy strangers are usually nice to me. I don't like that at all. I hate nice guys a lot. The only two guys I had real feelings for were mean. In attracted to being abused. Emotional and physically wise. It's a turn on for me. Isk why. My dad isn't really in my life, never was. He always works. He never abused me, just lacks presence. I feel comfortable talking to him about some things. My mom was the one who abused me as a child. She acted like my father I also just view men as higher power. He can do what he wants and women cannot. Idk why I want to be abused so bad and feed off it

I'm attracted to men in prison. I like the movie the killer inside me, it's about a man who falls in love with a hooker and kills this woman to get revenge off someone else. To me, it turns me on

When people say they have daddy issues, maybe they have sex too soon or they try to fix their man or they act like they need a man to fix them.

What you are describing is more extreme than what the "daddy issues" phrase implies, and you may not know that, because its normal for you. It absolutely is possible to see yourself as powerful, to see love and affection as supportive and kind, and to see men as humans just like the rest of us. You will need a therapist to help you re-arrange your sense of order. Think of going to a counselor as similar to working out. Repeat, regular consistent effort will yield life-changing results. Do it.

I dated a few women with daddy issues, as recent as my last gf. Some liked the badboy image they thought i had, or have since in comparison with other men i can be pretty rough around the edges. Some have given me their life and all the power. The relationships were never stable, and i was the one who was usually hurt at the end (because at the end of the day, im not such a bad guy- which prompts them to check out).

Therapy would help, i believe the last girl left me because she thought i was too much of a badboy. She confused my cautious approach after i started catching feelings for her - as me being up to something, and i believe her therapist had something to do with our breaking up since she started acting different when she returned to therapy (though in this case her therapist messed up on evaluating me, i believe her anxiety would have been too much to date a guy 2 hrs away).

This isnt a good way to live, its like bad programming, and you need to alter this way of thought before you create a history of bad relationship that will only re-enforce this negative pattern.

Archived