Does size matter, relationship or not?

starstarstar

Hello all, I am dating this guy, he is really nice, attentive,affectionate, respectful etc. Sometimes a little clingy but generally a good guy.

We have only been dating for 5 weeks. The thing is we recently had sex and i found out his penis was on the smaller side to what i am used to (around 4 inch length, 3.5/4 girth). He was good at oral and foreplay and very affectionate, great body as he works out, sex was ok, he seemed to angle it well but i still felt frustrated a bit after, whether it's cos we did it just for the first time i don't know. He also took a while to get an erection although he was really into me.

Also, i have heard that after you do it for a while the women loosens up so it may feel even less (i do the kegel exercises, will it still get looser).

Now i am thinking down the line will it be enough, will i miss a bigger penis, i don't want to be shallow but i want to go forward without many doubts. He seems already really into me whereas i said (before we did it) i am happy being casual at the mo. although i do like him.

So do i give it a chance or not, do i tell him how i feel? Does anyone have good experience with this size?

And if i decide not to how can i let him down gently as he is nice and wouldn't want to hurt his feelings, would like to be friends if it ended up we weren't together. If i said anything now, he would probably know it was to do with penis size as he saw i was enjoying all the rest. Ah just not sure what to do and don't want to hurt him either way.

Constructive comments most appreciated.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Both, i like him and we have lots of chemistry, he has quite a gentleman, take care of women attitude which i find endearing. He is also very positive so would never want him to not feel enough. but from the beginning i have always wanted to take slow, just date and see. He has slowed down but i can see he wants a relationship I also feel a little pressured as he is very into me and he is nice in character.

I feel guilty that i have these doubts as he seems to have none.

my first three boyfriends were on the larger side, so I grew spoiled about penis sizes - medium ones can still get me there if they are thick enough, but sometimes it happens that I get romantically involved with someone too small for me to cum. only you can know if oral and finger skills can make do for what he doesn't have, and sometimes you just let all his other advantages compensate for the sexual ones. after all relationships are about emotional and sexual support.

but if you think it would be better to leave, never let him know the real reason - better be called shallow for not coping with his awful musical taste or something of the sort than loose Xp

You shouldn't be guilted into sleeping with someone. I think he.looks good on paper and even in person...but you are trying to force it and you just aren't feeling it.

I do like him, we have a lot of chemistry in some ways and like being around him, just torn as to how much i like him and the size thing.

I don't understand some comments, i am not being bad to him, i really like him which is why its upsetting that i feel there may be a size/in bed together issue

Well, yes, I think you are being shallow. If he's a great guy, and has everything else going on for him, but he isn't going to make you happy in bed because of his size, let him go so he can find someone better. Honestly, penis size is something that men have zero control over. If he's big, small, whatever. He can't help it anymore than he can help his height. Let him find someone else.

No you are not being shallow. Sexual compatibility is important as is having a mutually satisfying sex life. So even though he is a good guy, without that sexual compatibility you don't have enough to go forward. Lasting relationships need both or else you end up with people complaining how they never have sex or worse start having affairs, etc.

Well, yes, I think you are being shallow. If he's a great guy, and has everything else going on for him, but he isn't going to make you happy in bed because of his size, let him go so he can find someone better. Honestly, penis size is something that men have zero control over. If he's big, small, whatever. He can't help it anymore than he can help his height. Let him find someone else.

I am not sure what you mean when you say someone better, more suitable or compatible ii understand. I am a great person too and have been great to him, that's why he is into me, i just have some honest sexual concerns, it not personal.

I actually feel really sad as i don't want to just end it and i don't want him to be hurt as he likes me so much

I must admit i feel awful, cos i like him, we have a lot of chemistry and sexual chemistry, its just he is smaller than i am use to and not sure if a sexual relationship works in this situation as i have only been through this before with a one night stand and my other relationships they were all bigger. Thats why i was asking for advice and shared experiences.

I am upset that people think i am being shallow and horrible to him when i actually do care about him.

Archived