Question for the Ladies - Sex Drive in/out of relationships

DepthOfField

Question for all the lovely ladies out there -

What is your sex drive like when you're in a relationship vs not in one?

Do you find that you have little to no sex drive when you're not seeing anyone?

I've always had this impression that when girls aren't in relationships, they have a FWB (or Random hookups) taking care of their needs, but apparently this isn't the case. Apparently girls can go long periods without sex?!

Happy new year y'all !

It really depends on the situation and the guy.

I've casually dated guys who were SUPER into me and SUPER into the sex. That made the sex a lot more fun and pleasurable, and made me want to do it more often. I've also casually dated guys who weren't really into the sex, and that made it less than enjoyable for me.

Same goes for relationships. I've been with my boyfriend for a while and he absolutely loves sex and anything to do with seeing me naked. That makes me feel attractive and makes me want to have sex more often.

When I'm completely single, my sex drive kind of drops off the earth. I will still masturbate, but I don't feel the urge to have sex, I don't fantasize throughout the day, etc. I try to keep myself really busy when I'm single so sex doesn't really pop into my head.

Yes, I agree with Spotti & MsMarple^^ Im sure BOTH can go long periods without. Especially if you have no choice.. or just no desire. Years ago, when i was single i was up for a fwb... but few yrs later when single again, I didn't want that.

At one point in my life, I guess I 'changed' and just did not want to be involved in that again.

Now, on my own, I do have my 'moments' they're up n down. Not extreme. I can do with or without it.

Been a few months, but i'm fine.. im surviving.

If Im with someone then yes, my sex drive is normal.

I've always had this impression that when girls aren't in relationships, they have a FWB (or Random hookups) taking care of their needs, but apparently this isn't the case. Apparently girls can go long periods without sex?!

Happy new year y'all !

My sex drive remains the same. I choose not to enter into fwb's or meaningless screwing. It's not right to me to use someone for sexual gratification. They have feelings, too. I wouldn't want to be used like that.

Happy new year y'all !

I would have to say my drive is the same no matter what my relationship status is and what I choose to do about it is all dependent on how I feel at the time. I've done FWB but it's not always a good option...I've never done random hook-ups. So, yes there have been periods of time, even years, when I had no real sex. That didn't change my sex drive though...what I wanted was always about constant...it was what I was getting that changed. Isn't that the story of everyone's life though?

You don't need a partner to get off......

Exactly!!!

My sex drive really kicks in when I'm in the right kind of relationship. I'm in one where me and him being in contact in some sexual way is usually on my mind, not front seat but the thought is usually there. When I'm not with someone then my sex drive does drop, but as everyone else has said don't need a man to get off

Happy new year y'all !

usually I get extra horny while on a relationship, just because it's easier to get laid. I can easily have sex twice a day, every day.

when off relationships, I can feel horny, but just wait for it to pass, relieve myself with some toy or my own fingers, or hook up with someone, depends on whatever I feel like doing. I've gone almost a year without sex, and it wasn't much of an issue.

I think it's about the same either way. It's high for me in a relationship because I am looking at the man I have sex with often. It is high for me outside of a relationship because I'm not always sure when I am going to have sex again, so I'm looking around at all of these sexy man like "d*** I'd do him right now!"

I personally do the FWB thing. I've been single for a long time, though. I don't see any problem with casual sex, as long as you are safe about it. I am on birth control, plus I use condoms. I didn't do it and went without sex for several months because I thought I'd get attached, but it's all about your state of mind and how you view things, I know going into my FWB relationships (I've had several) that it is only sex, and because of that, I keep myself at an emotional distance from the guy I'm with. Not all women can do that, though. I have two friends right now who have not received any sort of commitment from the guy they are sleeping with, but they are both hopeful that they will receive that commitment and one even says she loves him. If you can't separate an FWB from a boyfriend, then you shouldn't have one, period.

I do masturbate but nothing is as good as the real thing. Most guys have multiple hook-ups and sexual partners, so why can't women do the same?

I'll add that there seems to be a lot more guys looking for an FWB then women, online at least. I've been told by more then one guy that I'm "one of a kind" when it comes to this sort of thing, so I don't consider myself the norm. I'm also the girl who will send them home with a beer or playboy magazine when I have extra floating around, and I always wish them luck it they decide to pursue a relationship instead. I've had one move out of town but he still visits now and then when he's driving through. Another is in town but takes the bus so I don't see him often. Another kinda dropped off the planet for 6 months, then recontacted me and explained how busy and stressed he had been, so we got back together and now we hook up often again. Wherever they are in there life is fine with me, most of them have kids and recently broke up with the mom and don't want to pursue a relationship until the kids are older. They are really sweat guys.

• 1 month later...

I have been told that too. I am starting to think it is a lie really. I think guys just want women to think they should settle for "FWB". I have had guys get really nasty when I turn them down regarding the "hook up". They usually don't but I have had quite a few get unreasonably angry (and I had not even met them in person!) and tell me "You wont be able to find any guy nowadays online who wants anything but sex, and most women know that and are ok with casual sex. Good luck, f##%@$ stupid b$%^& feminist!"

I guess standards really ruin some guys days, lol!

Oh and on the topic, sorry to digress...

I have a pretty healthy sex drive. If I am in a good comfortable relationship and have a partner who enjoys sex I can easily have sex multiple times a day for the first few months. Naturally the novelty wears off and you get more into doing other activities after a while and an ideal would be every other day.

I am single now, no desire to hook up or have one night stands or fwb. I have to be very comfortable and not feel like a sex object. I was in a relationship where I was objectified and it resulted in my needing lots of trust and I need to know my partner does not view me as a sex object. I actually am fine with that, it may take me longer than for other people to find the right guy. but at least I will know I have finally found someone who truly respects me.

I am just horny ..period

however , I don't act on it other than taking shares in the battery company .

Funny ! !

I tend to want more sex when in a relationship. The only times I might not want sex is if I don't feel close/understood by my partner. Otherwise even when I have a cold, headache, too much work, I'd be up for it.

I don't do FWB either, I find it gets messy, I have tried it though.

My sex drive is also way higher when in a relationship.

I am a total prude outside of a relationship though. I don't do casual sex/fwb/ons because I am totally incapable of separating emotion out of it. I am also unable to get turned on enough by a mere stranger to actually be physically able to have sex for a ONS, I need to feel comfortable with the guy, and have an emotional connection and that stuff takes time.

When I'm single, my sex drive kind of ebbs and flows, its never consistent like when in a relationship, and I find that when I am crushing on a guy then it will be higher, but when there is no one in my orbit, it definitely ebbs.

Archived