men and women Is child birth very traumatic?

shelty24

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, if it weren't for sections, my.son would be either severely disabled or dead. So I'm not going to jump on the evil cesarean bandwagon, as much as I'd have preferred to have a natural birth. It saved my baby.

I find this is one of those topics that falls in line with "mom wars". Like who is more of a natural woman, the person who squeezed the baby out of her canal or the one who had her baby removed from her body.

I don't at all understand your reasoning, Reflective. But it's your reasoning and right. I think you should merely fully inform yourself about the associated risks of opting for a cesarean and just accept that birth plans don't often get to be executed the way that you planned(I know mine didn't, for sure).

Lol ok, like to hear you say that when in the middle of labour! Nothing about having a giant baby rip me apart seems natural but good luck

the thing is .... you are talking here to a bunch of women who have seen it all ...

we have all had different sized babies

we have all had different births

we have the vaginal birth crew

we have the section birth crew

and 12 pages of comments , facts , REAL LIFE stories , adding to the fact that I have been between the legs of over 20 women while they gave birth and have seen two sections .

yet ALL of that ....and you still come back with comments like that ...

If the midwife has any inkling that you will rip she will automatically get ready to do

an episiotomy . Most midwives can tell if that is looking likely , doing an episiotomy means

she controls the "tear" by creating a neat cut to avoid your vagina tearing , then after the birth she will stitch it up ...job done . Not every woman tears ..I didn't .

I think you need to educate yourself with some good hard facts about childbirth.

I don't think anyone is "less natural" for having a section. You have to do what you have to do. I personally just did not want one. Some women absolutely need a section or the baby requires one. Some women are deathly afraid and can not handle the idea of childbirth but want a child. You just have to do what you have to do. For me I am so deathly afraid of medical procedures I would actually rather die pretty much then do an invasive procedure so I can understand some people's extreme fears. I ended up with an invasive procedure but I am not so sure I wanted to be awake for it either. It was very traumatic. Watching nurses hurry all over and having IV's stuck in everywhere and hearing the dr say, " oh s... and watch my blood squirt accross the room." I think maybe it would have been better not to see that........but they had to move fast.

when it comes to the crunch vic ....

as long as we are sat back with our baby in our arms ....nothing else matters .

Hahaha yeah. That is all I thought about. I WANT MY SON! And I am going back to my son!! My husband's eyes popped out when he saw me. I was whiter than the sheets I was on and shaking really bad. They had to wrap me in heated blankets. But they had for the most part stopped the hemorrhage. Then I went on IV medication to further control it and to replace my volume loss. I was there 3 days to make sure I was not rehemorrhaging. They wanted me to stay longer but I bailed and went home.

I am so deathly afraid of medical procedures me too! partly because of a level of health care in my home country. You can die because they take the wrong tooth away. My sister was told she has appendicitis when she got pregnant with her first child and went to a check up. HOW can you mistaken a pregnancy for and appendicitis? Gosh..

I never had any medical procedures or operations, not even a stitch on my body, and I hope I never will. At least not in this country.

as long as we are sat back with our baby in our arms ....nothing else matters. that is a wonderful thing to say, and it is so true!

Yeah I have had 4 operations and stitches 8 times. ( maybe a total of 50 stitches in my life)Stitches I don't care about. They are nothing. I am more afraid to be put out. I DO NOT want to be unconscious. For me it is a fear of someone hurting me or killing me while I am not able to defend myself. ( old trauma) My last general anaesthesia they said I was crying through the whole operation so obviously I was not fully under. I also remember dreaming during it.

I do want to experience being pregnant but I just can't handle the thought of being cut or torn/ripped.....I guess you just have to see what happens though. Unless I change my mind I will opt for CS but I suppose anything could happen! Apparently approx 40% of women do have some problems with incontinence though and some have to have operations for pro lapse which my mum had.....so I just think there are bad side effects to natural as well as CS....I think you have to be informed about both

I honestly find it bizarre that women are so obsessed with having a natural one, being torn to shreds is not my idea of fun! Each to their own....I think it's easy to think you can handle it when you're not in the midsts of it. I think a lot of people are naive about how painful it really is

You know with a C-section, they cut your abdomen open, and pull a baby out of it, right? You can avoid getting an episiotomy if you prepare. And if you go natural, you can actually go home that day from the hospital, versus a c-section that would have a 6 week recovery time due to the pain and stitching...just get all the facts first about what goes into things. Keep in mind - times were different for the baby boomer generation. They went on certain info "making and birthing" babies...Women today have a GIANT NO-NO list on what to not do, and what to do. Versus back then when they use to smoke and drink while prego.

I'm in the incontinence products industry, and it's 28% for women in their 30's, but that may not have anything to do with natural child birth. And if you are incontinent during pregnancy, it's from the weighted pressure on your bladder, and will subside after you give birth. If you have never given birth or you delivered via cesarean section, you can still develop incontinence issues.

But dear you are lecturing us on OUR choice, telling us we will have a loosie goosie and our man is going to be disgusted and leave. So same thing right?

But it has been 16 years since my son was born and my husband has never said he was dissatisfied with any change in my body AT ALL. And he has not left. Any man who becomes dissatisfied after you have given him a beautiful baby is just infantile.

And serious at 47 I have known LOTS of people and I have yet EVER in my life had anyone male or female tell me the man left because of her loosie goosie after childbirth.

I didn't actually say that anywhere on this thread! I don't think a guy would admit that was part of the reason anyway but that is not my opinion that the guy would suddenly leave because of that and I never said that but to act like it doesn't have any affect on your nether regions is just bizarre as it clearly would. Kind of think this has run it's course now anyway!

Archived