How do people deal with the cost of living situation?

Dougie_D

Does this company only operate out of LA, or do they have divisions in other areas? I think you said it was a start-up, so likely not, but was worth an ask..

They have locations in Boston and NYC but my position has only been hired in LA. The other locations are for tech/engineers, etc. w/ maybe 10 employees.

The honest truth is I need stable pay and this company seemed like they were heavily in the music biz side but it turns out it's just an advertisement company basically.

I've always quit a job before looking into another because of my loyalty. Should I stop that? The problem is the companies that I DREAM to work for our are CLIENTS.

They have locations in Boston and NYC but my position has only been hired in LA. The other locations are for tech/engineers, etc. w/ maybe 10 employees.

The honest truth is I need stable pay and this company seemed like they were heavily in the music biz side but it turns out it's just an advertisement company basically.

I've always quit a job before looking into another because of my loyalty. Should I stop that? The problem is the companies that I DREAM to work for our are CLIENTS.

your only hurting yourself it you keep this mindset..not to be a jerk but your making 10 bucks an hour...if you leave they will just find another warm body..i know how it is..my old company does the same thing....

dream are ok to have..but you also have bills to pay and have to survive...

you can't do that. because it takes several months to find a job, sometimes more, and you can't go and be unemployed during that time unless you are independently wealthy.

have you tried to make some contacts with the clients? get to know them, find out if they are hiring?

nothing wrong with looking while having a job..thats what 99 percent of the people do... i went to work everyday...gave 100 percent did my job but looked for another company..when i left the company all the people that were close to me said good luck we will miss you etc..

do you know what the corporate office had to say..not even thanks for the 5 years of your time..hours of OT..5 times employee of the month.. never being written up..

they said i quote " let him know that he will not be keeping his Managers pay if he decides to work PT."

You have to do whats best for yourself

you can't do that. because it takes several months to find a job, sometimes more, and you can't go and be unemployed during that time unless you are independently wealthy.

have you tried to make some contacts with the clients? get to know them, find out if they are hiring?

Yeah, quitting before finding another one used to work for me when the economy was good and I was just looking for any old job, like retail or whatever, and could pick another one up quickly (now, it's not always possible, even in fast food). The last time I quit a job cold turkey I was unemployed for 4.5 months so I don't want to do that again.

I cut expenses when moving to my own apartment by going with a small company, there is no routine maintenance like air filter changes or extermination. That saved me 250-300 dollars in rent. I keep my cords unplugged except for when I use them. I don't pay for internet, I use a coffeeshop to get online. I don't have cable, good old rabbit ears! lol! I buy in bulk of the stuff I always use. I have insurance since I worked at my company for a year. Does your company have a policy like that?

Archived