Should I see him again?

dark angel9

I met this guy online and we had one date... It went really well and we clicked in many ways. He kept telling me how beautiful I am.

At the end of the date he said that he would love to see me again. I agreed. When I got home I texted him that I had a nice time and he responded that he did too and will see me soon.

Then EIGHT DAYS of silence. He didn't contact me at all and I didn't contact him. I pretty much forgot about it.

Today, he texts me and asks me out for either Saturday or Sunday. He wants to take me to lunch and go to a film festival.

Should I accept even though he pretty much ignored me for 8 days?

I liked him but I am on the fence of what to do...

At least he isn't needy! (And let go of your pride)

Put him off for a weekend and say "what about the following weekend".

Show him you aren't too ready available for him and let him chase you.

Film Festival is not really a place to get to know someone.

If you got on like you say you did then I would go on a 2nd date. However I would make it clear to him that you were a little confused by the fact you didn't hear from him in so long. Perhaps he was just being careful not to come accross to keen? Or waiting to see whether you'd initiate conversation?

If your really interested, take a chance. But mention to him that you hope the next date is planned a little bit sooner. He didn't contact you for 8 days, but, to be fair, you also didn't contact him for eight days. Next time if you want contact earlier, I suggest you contact him and see if he responds.

Eight days probably gave you each some time to think on whether you 'want' to see each other again?

Also, like many guys, he could very well be 'playing the field'. Don't expect you're the only one he's got an interest in, especially if he was found on a dating site. There's tons of 'em out there for his choosing.

I guess it won't hurt to go out again? Get's you out to see him again,,see how it goes?

Just don't jump into anything too fast. sounds like he's 'taking his time'..

8 days really isn't that long, especially if you are just dating. I am not a believer in the female being the aggressor in the relationship, but you could probably have said hey at least once over the 8 days.

When (if) you do see him, make a joke of saying that you hope that he doesn't wait 8 days to catch up with you next time. Don't be to serious or he might think you are to clingy. If he does it again, then you have to choose if that is what you want right now or if you need more commitment.

HTH

I'm with those that said to go ahead and see him again, but on a weekend when YOU want it. Doing that will show him that you aren't the type to jump anytime he asks. At some point mention that it really surprised you that he asked you out again as you hadn't heard from him for days.. that will give him the hint that you would prefer if he did keep in touch.

I'm not sure why anyone would see this as a problem. Nothing is etched in stone, nor is he obligated to contact you until he wants to take you out again, (of course if you're available, and interested in seeing him again.)

I'm not saying you should wait around forever, but it seems as if you're setting your expectations too high, especially after one single date.

When did u go out, Saturday? And you went to see a 'play'?

Was he a 'gentleman' and not 'hit on you' too hard?

Just be a bit cautious still okay? He may be 'at you now' because he's got some free time to (no other dates set up right now), especially since you met him on a 'date site'?

Careful of those. MANY get right into it and have a few of the ladies lined up...

Soon enough, you'll see what kind of guy they really are. Some just 'want a piece'. I suggest you be careful, i know of a few guys who've admitted using NO protection! (hence- easily spreading diseases), which still does happen.

When did u go out, Saturday? And you went to see a 'play'?

Was he a 'gentleman' and not 'hit on you' too hard?

Just be a bit cautious still okay? He may be 'at you now' because he's got some free time to (no other dates set up right now), especially since you met him on a 'date site'?

Careful of those. MANY get right into it and have a few of the ladies lined up...

Soon enough, you'll see what kind of guy they really are. Some just 'want a piece'. I suggest you be careful, i know of a few guys who've admitted using NO protection! (hence- easily spreading diseases), which still does happen.

He didn't even kiss me, let alone anything else so I have no worries that way. And if he was multi-dating that's OK, I was too

Archived