Crush on guy that has a gf

cupcake22

So I have a crush on this guy that I've known since middle school, but he has been in a relationship for a couple of months. In no way am I looking to be the "other woman," but I just want him to know that I like him. Should I tell him or just hold it in and wait if they break up? Thanks for any advice.

How old are you or how long have you know him for? (Since middle school could mean a lot of different things.) How long have you been interested in him for?

It sounds to me like you've known him a long time and never wanted to make your interest known in him before, so why now that he's had a gf for a few months? Have your feelings only developed since he had a gf? If so, it sounds more like you want him because somebody else has him and not because you're really into him.

It's probably best to wait and let things with him and his gf play out before making a move. Chances are they won't be together forever anyway, and if they are, they're probably meant for each other.

keep it to yourself. if they break up than it's open season but have some respect for his gf and leave it alone. think about it this way.. if you were dating him or someone else, would you want another girl telling him that she liked him? hoping that he'd like her back? i'd say that's a no.

Nope! Don't tell him. IF he and his girlfriend break up, then you can certainly tell him then. To do so before that would make things really awkward, among other things.

And...a rule of thumb I live by: How would I want another woman to behave with MY boyfriend or husband? Would I want some woman declaring her feelings for him? If not, then I shouldn't do it.

How old are you or how long have you know him for? (Since middle school could mean a lot of different things.) How long have you been interested in him for?

It sounds to me like you've known him a long time and never wanted to make your interest known in him before, so why now that he's had a gf for a few months? Have your feelings only developed since he had a gf? If so, it sounds more like you want him because somebody else has him and not because you're really into him.

It's probably best to wait and let things with him and his gf play out before making a move. Chances are they won't be together forever anyway, and if they are, they're probably meant for each other.

I'm 24, so I've probably known him for maybe 10 years, but I see everyone's point and know I need to back off and just let time do it's thing.

Archived