Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

Gratitude Journal

Sometimes gratitude is like "The House That Jack Built," the old cumulative nursery rhyme, in a positive sort of way. I pause and notice one thing I am grateful for, and then I am grateful for something connected to that, and something to that, and so on, and so on.

Looking out the kitchen window, I am grateful for the view. And the window, I notice the window and appreciate it, appreciate that it is here, it was brought here and installed by someone else. I didn't do it, someone else made it happen. And someone made it, built it, that someone is connected to others who added to their life in some good way. Someone made it their business to make and sell windows, someone made the glass, someone designed the window and all it's hidden mechanisms that help it open and close, someone invented glass, someone found the resources...all those people are connected to this window, helped make it happen so that I can stand inside by my kitchen sink and enjoy the view outside and the light that brightens my home. Gratitude each step of the way, each thought. All this only takes a moment. Which changes my life.

Sometimes gratitude is like "The House That Jack Built," the old cumulative nursery rhyme, in a positive sort of way. I pause and notice one thing I am grateful for, and then I am grateful for something connected to that, and something to that, and so on, and so on.

Looking out the kitchen window, I am grateful for the view. And the window, I notice the window and appreciate it, appreciate that it is here, it was brought here and installed by someone else. I didn't do it, someone else made it happen. And someone made it, built it, that someone is connected to others who added to their life in some good way. Someone made it their business to make and sell windows, someone made the glass, someone designed the window and all it's hidden mechanisms that help it open and close, someone invented glass, someone found the resources...all those people are connected to this window, helped make it happen so that I can stand inside by my kitchen sink and enjoy the view outside and the light that brightens my home. Gratitude each step of the way, each thought. All this only takes a moment. Which changes my life.

This kindled a little spark in me...

Interconnection. All the seemingly small things that go into making a simple moment possible...

I'm grateful for the ability to be honest with the people I love. To have a space for that.

Interconnection. All the seemingly small things that go into making a simple moment possible...

Yes, it makes me feel connected to the world, present and past. And to feel I am part of a flow. I don't know if I can explain the flow part; it is not about the material things, but an energy that the material thing that I am noticing is a fleeting part.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...