WOW. Oh the irony of this.

So, a mutual friend told me that nobody remembered my ex's birthday, which was yesterday, and apparently, he's upset about it.

I find that kinda funny, in an ironic way, actually..cuz one of the reasons my ex dumped me, was because he "values his social life", or that's kinda what he said, anyway.

And right before he broke up with me in January, I was planning a trip for him in advance, to NYC, as a birthday present.

So..all these so-called friends he wanted to spend more time with, didn't do jack for his birthday, or even remember it...yet I would've taken him on this amazing trip, had he not dumped me. You gotta love it.

I honestly don't wish him harm. I still care about him.

It just sucks, all the way around. I would've loved to have given him a special birthday. It hurts that he's suffering over it but I'm not surprised. I think most of his friends are just lame drinking buddies.

I honestly don't wish him harm. I still care about him.

It just sucks, all the way around. I would've loved to have given him a special birthday. It hurts that he's suffering over it but I'm not surprised. I think most of his friends are just lame drinking buddies.

I get what you mean.... It's like if he wouldn't have ended it, you guys could have had a really good time on that trip. I feel like that sometimes about my ex too. Like he just ruined it. But I guess that's the way he wanted. So he has to live with it but so do you.

Yup!

It just makes me wonder if he realizes what he lost, at all.

I get what you mean.... It's like if he wouldn't have ended it, you guys could have had a really good time on that trip. I feel like that sometimes about my ex too. Like he just ruined it. But I guess that's the way he wanted. So he has to live with it but so do you.

I hate to be harsh, but you were just posting about how you are "still" not over it. By the way, healing takes time ... but you drag out your own healing by continuing to talk about him with your friends.

Unfortunately you were a rebound for him and while he's suffering, I suspect he's lamenting the loss of the previous relationship he was rebounding from.

I think it's reading far too much into it to suggest that just because his friends were unreliable he will then miss you and then want to be with you. Huge leap with so many other alternatives there's really no point in going there (especially since it impedes moving on). When I was 12 I asked my sister to call a boy I like, ask for (my name) and then hang up, hoping it would remind him to call me upon hearing my name. Yes this was before caller ID. No, it didn't work.

Archived