RGulc

me and my ex have broke up after 5 years of being together.. i am 17 now.

we broke up 3 weeks today. the friday which was the day before we broke up iwas going to visit my mum in leeds for the weekend. everything was fine she was cuddling me telling me not to go.. she put a photo of us at prom next to her bed and she said shel miss me when i left. the next day on saturday night she sent me a text saying "ryan we need some time apart.. time to spend with our friends and not see each other for a month then we will get back together" later that night iwas bugging her saying "can i see you on your birthday" "can we still talk?" loads of questions and she said "god sake! your not taking this seriously" then the next day when i got back she was saying.. the whole break was a lie she wants a proper break up and she said she didnt love me anymore.. she hasnt given me any of my stuff back.. i still have her spare laptop and she wont let me give her parents a card saying "thankyou" she told me give her some time to herself and if she finds feelings for me again we will get back together but i know she does love me and her friend does to. we have come to conclusion of thinking she does just want a break and will get back with me and she does love me.. she just feels as i was bugging her she has to push me away and make me think its over for me to give her space. do you think we are right?

So you two started dating at 12 years old - basically still children and now still young teens. I can see why she needs time apart and to be honest, I think it would be a good thing for you too. There's a big wide world out there and a lot of growing up to do. A break will be a good experience for both of you. I say respect her wishes. I do believe she cares for you, but I don't think she'll be back.

part of me believes she will but part doesnt. like why would she still of not given me my stuff back even though iv asked? she refuses to rule out the chance of getting back together. she drops loads of hints and she always spoke about getting married with me and we had planned to book a cruise together for next year and we spoke about that only a week before we broke up so i dunno what to think tbh i know how much she loved me

I think I wrote back on your last post about this girl and other posters agreed you should give her the space she needs and you haven't..Sounds like she is just being immature and doesn't want to see you to give you your stuff back, she might just not want to see you as she has made her decision to stay out of your relationship and doesn't want to be hurt seeing you. If you want it back then you will have to tell her she can drop it over on the door step if she doesn't want to see you and be done with it. She may also be keeping things as a way back in if her other plans don't work out, but you don't want to be second best! I agree with the others, you have been together since you were 12 a lot has changed and you aren't the same people as you once were, sometimes you just grow apart. She may regret it one day but by that point you will probably be happy dating others or in a new long term relationship. A lot of things change in the space of 6 months to a year, you're looking at the smaller picture of just 3 weeks - your feeling will be different, just look to the future and you will see what everyone else is saying.

Sounds to me like she's got her eye on someone else. Probably only temporarily. She loves you but is at a stage where she's thinking she wants to experiment, see what someone else is like.

If I were you, I'd give her the month she wants. Don't contact her. It'll be hard, but go out with your friends, hang out with cool girls, enjoy your life. It'll be hard but it's the fast way to knowing if she wants you back. You staying in contact will only enforce that she wants a break up.

Time to enjoy life as a single man.

P.S. You were 12 when you got together??!!! That's mental. Definitely hook up with other girls!

Archived