I shouldn't have gone to see a tarot card reader today, but after finding out that the ex has a new gf...i wanted to see what my chances were of getting back together. The outcome was bad- the cards said that (1) he has already moved on (2) will not come back b/c of what he said and will not go back on his word (3) we will continue to contact each other for the next 4 months.

I stopped NC last week with a "how ya doin" email. We exchanged a few emails and finally tonight I called him. It was driving me insane and I had to find out how he was doing. I called him at around 11 at night and woke him up. He seemed happy to hear from me. We chatted, flirted a little and laughed like no time has passed. I asked him how he was doing 3 times hoping that he might bring up that he has a gf. But alas, he did not. Shouldn't he have been honest and told me? Also he asked me how I was doing and said "good good". Perhaps I shouldn't have emphasized it.... ooooh....

so now what? do i believe in the cards or to fate? Should I keep trying to be friendly and call him... perhaps even out to coffee?

Perhaps I should describe our situation... we went out for 2.5 years.... by the 2nd year, he wanted a commitment. He kept asking me when do you want to get married etc and I couldn't give him a straight answer. One of the reasoning being- i know this is going to sound stupid- but my parents totally hated his family. We are all from the same town and the community is very small. And well, this put a strain on our relationship. As well, I was not sure I wanted to get married... I was still thinking of going back to grad school and thinking about moving to another country etc. So in February of this year, he gave me an ultimateum- he told me that I had to tell my family that I wanted to get married to him or I would have to move out. And well.... February past and I moved out. In mid April, I was feeling out of sorts and didn't feel like driving over to the other part of town to have dinner with him. I felt almost obliged. By this time, things were on the downslide, we were having problems... fighting, i was talking about having a "break" etc and we started to get on each others nerves. So anyways, he called and asked me when I was coming over and I said that I really wanted to stay at home... then he goes off the handle and ended up breaking up with me that day.

The next day, we talked and talked, and he said that he give it his best but it wasn't good enough for me etc.....

In june, I was going crazy- we were doing the NC thing and I had to find out what the future was going to be like. I went to a fortune teller who told me that it was not our time to be breaking up and she told me to call him. I did. We talked... and it seemed that we were going to try again. But then, he changed his mind. He said that he had to take care of himself. That he is trying to move on with his life. I told him that I would give him some time to think about it. He was going on a biz trip... so anyways, before the trip, I called him again, and he said that i should expect the worst. That it is not going to work out.

In mid July, I saw him at a party. He looked like he aged 10 years and lost more weight. When I saw him, I ignored him...but he came up to me and we started chatting. He says that i am being quiet and I said that there is nothing to talk about since things are over between us, and he said yah, it's over and he walked away. But all night, I could tell he was checking me out. I made sure that I was having a good time. That was the last we spoke.

I'm a tarot card reader (not for money, for myself and my friends) and I can tell you honestly not to rely too much on the cards, nor to become unnecessarily dependent on them, or even worse, readers for hire. There are a lot of unscrupulous, unethical and unskilled practitioners out there. The most important thing for you is to trust your own feelings and instincts. Don't rely on the cards to tell you what to think or do. You cannot ignore your own wise counsel. If you want to have your cards read again, do it at a moment you are feeling strong and focused, by a reputable, honest reader.

Hey trinity,

I too read the cards as a hobby, one of the good things that came out of my breakup. The cards will tell you what is going on at the time of the reading. You should remember that any choice you make could and will change the outcome of the cards. They are never, ever set in stone. The cards are more of a way of clarifying things than for telling you what the future will bring. Trust in yourself more than the cards. Hard at a time like this I know, but use the cards as a sideline not a mainline.

Lisa