Healing wih the Law of Attraction

Just did alot of thinking... True closure does come within. You can have all the answers from the other party but closure comes from yourself...It's one thing to read that and understand it, but to actually feel it and realise it for yourself is another. How amazing!

I realise I attracted this relationship. I realise I let myself be criticised all the time, because deep down I felt that I was unworthy, undeserving...etc. He was always trying to change me and put me down for being *me*, and I thought he was correct for doing so..I no longer feel this is true!

It doesn't matter now if he will never know, and my desire to contact is no longer there. For I realise that the problem was in not loving myself Had I been well put together, I would have ended the relationship a long time ago, and not put up with his abuse whilst feeling that I was in the wrong. I finally let myself feel the hurt from the abuse and not deny my feelings. I feel alot has been lifted off my shoulders! I need to carry on moving forward, for ME not anyone else

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And that my friends, is the deeper reason you need to take time away after a relationship. If you don't you never realize things like in the last two posts. That is deep on a spiritual and mind level. She's improving in that aspect. Getting back to who she really is, because honestly you didn't know yourself well enough. You didn't notice inside, just like everybody else can, that you're wonderful inside and that you deserve to love and be loved properly. The negativity and self depreciation was blocking it.

That's what i like to see on this forum. Everyone has their time, and experiences make us realize these things if we search deep enough inside ourselves. Keep working on yourself Mazz... there's still a lot more for you to realize, you are on the right track with the LOA and loving yourself though

Just want to say a few things here as I feel it's the right thing to do. Firstly, Endy knows my story after reading my thread and I've PM'd him a few times but what I can tell everyone is simply this: You craft your own destiny. It's true everyone focuses on the wrong person when trying to get back with an ex and I'll be honest I knew I wasn't a confident guy but I asked to become more confident and better with women and I stumbled accross an absolutely fantastic ebook which is helping me ten fold. I seriously recommend to any guy that has confidence issues and thinks they completely blow with women to check out Joshua Pellicer's Tao of Badass stuff. It's completely deep and Joshua doesn't believe in all this manipulation bullsh*t which I now know is completely working against anything that you ask the Law of Attraction for.

It took me a while to realise that I needed this kick up my a** to get myself in gear but I don't see the break-up now as a negative I see it as an opportunity for me to focus on myself, work on myself and improve myself to become version 2.0, infact version 4.5 of what I was before. Everyone says knowledge is power but true power is application of knowledge.

I was always one who said I didn't care what people thought of me but deep down I actually did, people told me I was a nice guy and I never believed it until recently. When a GF or BF leaves you, you immediately think happiness has left you, it hasn't, you create your own happiness deep within and if you truly love yourself you know that you can be happy even if your alone the rest of your life.

I'm not one for being deep on an emotional or spiritual level but I'd rather be the guy I'm striving to be now than the guy who's spent the past 3 years slowly declining and becoming half the man he used to be.

Another little thing I'd like to add here which Endy and NorthPickle know about me is I wanted to get to 11 or 11.5 stone. Since being back at the gym I'm now only a stone away from reaching my desired weight because I now feel I can and I have the determination and toughness to reach my goal and keep at it.

Believe in yourself and anything is possible, there isn't anything we can't do in life. Live for the moment, not for the past or future and you'll notice a change in yourself. Positive mental attitude is definitely the way forward.

P.S. Every morning and when you go to bed, tell yourself how great and truly awesome you are. Hell, even tell yourself that you love yourself and you'll feel much better for it.

Thinking positively just seems to be win-win; there's really nothing to lose in doing it. Only that sometimes, it can be hard to gear myself into that mindset.

Now, I find people's bitterness and hatred is alot more noticeable. I would venture to say that most people are broken and reluctant to change. It took me maybe having three relationships in the period of maybe seven years(?) with a few short breaks in between to get this insight. I realise that I never really gave myself a break with being in a relationship. Now despite that being really unhealthy in itself, I'm actually really grateful that I went through all of it, as finally I realise some very important things about myself and am on to a better path Some people go through life with never loving themselves. Definitely taking some time out.

Also! What are some good buddhist books? I'm thinking of reading The Tibetan Book of Living and Death, but unsure about it.

Anything by Thich Nhat Hahn is awesome. I like reconciliation and anger the most. True love, and the heart of the buddhas teachings are good too.The cool thing about buddhism is it's all about having your own insights and how you grip the information you're receiving. I've studied tons of religions. I don't believe the dogma in a single one. It was all created by man. Religion is a manipulative act of man to evoke power over people to me. I don't understand why people don't realize that we all came from the same place period. Love each other and get back to your purpose like we should. Who cares about money or power. You take none of the material with you. I don't consider buddhism a religion either.

Positive thinking and actually believing it all yields positive results.

I ordered The Secret... not because I want her back, but because I want to be the best me I can be. I look forward to gaining any knowledge it may present. Has anyone read The Road Less Traveled? I'm in the middle of that now and it has really good insight, though all of the information may not apply to this particular moment for all of us.

I ordered The Secret... not because I want her back, but because I want to be the best me I can be. I look forward to gaining any knowledge it may present.

That's the best way to look on it beacon!

Everyone has to strive to fulfill their potential in life as a person, I'm just noticing how to do that now and I feel awesome for it.

I have to ask: how does one make a specific request from the universe? Do you have to ask, or does it come to you naturally, after the changes you have made to your thoughts and beliefs? For example, let's say I wanted to attract my ex back to me, would I specifically ask for him, or would that occur automatically had I made changes etc?

I read somewhere that you have to say brief sentences to yourself as if referring to the present moment, for example "I have the best car ever" etc, and then it becomes true. Do you ask or say something as if it was happening in the present? The book I have doesn't quite address that maybe I haven't read far enough yet.

If you wanted your ex back you give off that to the universe. I would like to attract the ex back. Then you would do affirmations of which it isn't about your ex. It's about you and getting you back to the state that would attract your ex. Read that one bookmark again. It describes exactly how to do it.

It's mostly about feelings and love. If you want a new car... you picture driving that car in the moment... with your hands on the steering wheel. Be happy, and full of love when you are doing this. Thank the universe for it and be grateful. But you have to believe you already have it. KNOW you already have it. It's not that easy to do for most people.

The major issue with attracting your ex back is you HAVE to move on. You can't pine over them. You can't want and need them back. Basically you need to get back to the person you were before you met them. Give off to the universe that you want to be the person that would attract them, or someone like them.

The universe knows your true intentions. If they are not out of love you are not going to attract it back. If it's a negative attention it's going to push away instead of pull to you.

• 2 weeks later...

Lonelyheart2, he contacted me and because I knew exactly what I wanted, I didn't push him away. He started with casual things like asking about my injury or sending me a funny link. Contact grew from once a week, to twice, to three times until we started telling each other about our days...then we finally met up and made up.

NoDice, if you KNOW that she doesn't want to make it work it means you subconsciously know that the relationship isn't right and you don't want this for yourself. You just miss her and the LOA will not bring you to her if you don't' truly wanted. However, if I'm mistaken and you still truly want her back, knowing how she feels about you, that's not giving yourself love. If you don't get give yourself love, LOA isn't going to work for you either. I think you should take a good look at what you deserve ( a loving relationship) and let LOA bring you to a new one. Or you could always make believe that she's the perfect girlfriend and that you're back together in this awesome relationship...it might work. How long it will last I can't say because it's going to take a lot of patience, will power and emotional stress to go against the reality right now. You might pull through, get her back and realize that it wasn't worth the work because you can just find a great girl instead.

Ella, it doesn't matter who he's with. I think you got all the points right but I personally don't agree with number 6. I don't believe we get what's best for us because that says destiny decides for us. I believe we get what we give, which is what the law of attraction is all about.

MizzMazi, I was doing the exact same thing! Harboring so many negative thoughts about my relationship before we broke up. I know I manifested it!

I agree with Endy. Like he said, you have to ask the universe for it, make it clear and then FEEL that you already have it and be grateful for it. Most importantly, only associate your ex with good thoughts and feelings. Don't feel or think negatively about him. Don't get desperate either! You get what you give and you don't want to give out feelings of loneliness and desperation. That's why you focus on YOU and be happy everyday, because you need to give out that you already have everything you want

Another update! While we were broken up my boyfriend booked a ticket home to the US to take a month long vacation. When we got back together, he said he really wanted me to come with him but I had just started working and couldn't take any time off for another 3 months. We're so understaffed right now that work is just insane. I get home at 8 or 9pm everyday and work most weekends. Anyways, I knew I couldn't get any time off so my bf left without me. Next day I did really well on this production set and my boss said I deserved a gift. Guess what I asked for... a week off to go the US As soon as my boss said he'd think about it, I started being grateful for going on that trip. I started a diary where I wrote about how awesome my trip was, and what I was doing that day and how long my flight was...I think I wrote a thank you after every sentence haha but I really really TRULY felt it. In a few days my boss let me go

I still had to apply for a US visa which can take up to 3 months. Here's what I did...I booked a non refundable round trip ticket to the US and THEN applied for my visa. I had an interview at the US consulate the next week and I got my visa approved in less than a minute! My flight was in 3 days and they told me at the consulate it would take 5 days to process my visa and then 3 to 5 days to have it delivered to me. I kept writing in my diary how I got the visa in time and I was traveling on that date. I went shopping for my trip and made sure to buy things I'd only need for this trip (warm clothes, eye mask for the flight, travel toothbrush kit, etc). I got my visa processed and delivered in THREE days just in time for my flight. Needless to say it was the best trip I ever took.

I'm back now, the jet lag is killing me but it was totally worth it

Mynameishope,

What an awesome post!! I am a firm believer of LOA too!! Nothing in this world beats positive/optimistic thinking!! It's a choice and if we think it, it will manifest into something we want or even better!!

Keep it up!! I am sure you have inspired many people on this site!! Good for you!!

And I thank you on behalf of everyone!!

Unco

Mynameishope,

You're an inspiration to those who have stumbled accross and placed their faith in the Law of Attraction and/or pro-actively developing a positive mental attitude in the aftermath of their break-ups.

I do hope you continue to post here about the positive manifestations happening in your life as a result of your practice.

All the best!

DD

I want to make it clear on this thread that no matter what you feel, think, or wonder... What matters is if it is positive or negative and how you feel. The LOA does not lie. It is brutal and honest in all cases no exceptions. To know this is to respect yourself and the universe. To understand that no matter what you believe, it's constantly working every split second of every moment of this physical existence. Once you know this you can't un-know it. So use it to your advantage first and foremost to grow in conciousness and spirit.

To have a positive aspect or a positive outcome you have to do things out of love or guiding spirit. That's not the only way the LOA will give it to you either. It WILL give you something back to learn a lesson. If that lesson is negative your spirit is telling you something. IF you are not operating out of spirit it's going to give you pain and suffering. It's telling you mistake! Keep this in mind in your day to day living and interactions. Be conscious of it. The LOA operates at the universal level of us all being connected. If you do attract something back there is either growth or love to be gained, but that's not always what happens due to our mind, feelings, and beliefs. If you do not operate out of love or spirit the relationship will again run it's course based on slivers of the mind and beliefs that have not been tested against spirit. I would make it a goal to attract the ex back when these are removed to optomize growth for both. We have free will, we have free choice. I would stress trying to grow and learn how to make choice by listening to your spirit first. Most people are not doing this, but there is an awakening happening in human conciousness. Just look at this forum.

The truth is it doesn't matter who your ex is. The truth is it matters what you learn and experience here in terms of your understanding of our true nature and self. The experiences we have help you do that. You just need to be quiet and listen (meditate). However, it matters not who you are with. What matters is that you experience growth. Want to hear something funny and amazing? The people you've met in this life have probably already been your wife, children, husband, friend etc for hundreds if not thousands of years. Time is but an illusion. Free will gives us the option to choose. But when you have free will guided by spirit you are on a path to ultimate growth and enlightenment. We all have this ability. Even a murderer. There is no evil. There is just belief and free will. Just some food for thought.

What I say is not the end all be all it's just my beliefs. You have the choice on what you believe. It is your choice to believe in your mind and spirit. It is your choice to learn to remove those slivers that cause you to operate often out of fear or anger instead of joy. If something is telling you this makes sense check out that website below and read the lessons.

link removed

Every book I have read, every idea in it has been guiding me to more and more enlightening information in the past 7 months. Be it the author mentions another, the ideas of buddhism are mentioned in them, or they all have the same goal or purpose. I have attracted this information, but at the same time I am examining under my spirit. I am examining my emotions and feelings when I read what I read. Accepting it to be right or wrong in my mind or belief system. Is that a cooincidence? There is literally no such thing. I know that to be a fact.

Thankyou so much for the above post.

I truly hope that I can be in a similar place as you one day.

One thing that I have also noticed is that the principles of buddhism, loa and the cosmic awareness site etc, are overtly similar in a way and practically the same thing but said in different ways

This has been a bit of a bad week for me to be honest. I haven't been making much progress as much as the last few weeks and fell into my usual negative lines of thinking. If I don't keep a tab on my thoughts, negative and destructive patterns occur without my even trying. -_- Hopefully I can continue with my growth like normal.

Mazzi... everything I've read is all connected. I don't find it weird anymore because I've asked for it. It's what I needed to awaken and evolve myself. I am not enlightened enough yet, but I'm definitely on that road. Just keep it up. One day you're going to have a realization. One day if you keep reading those lessons you're going to say... what the hell does my past matter for? It was all just emotion. Emotion that caused me to manifest these events to learn. Emotion that was caused by my past. It's really mind blowing, but I know why all my relationships failed now. Not one person I was ever with had a touch of love. They were fools, as was I. All they knew was the feel of sexual attraction, and that is impossible to hold onto. It always fades. I knew unconditional love, just like the rest of you. WE ALL KNOW, it's just a matter of waking up. That's why love is so hard to understand. That's why a breakup is so emotionally painful. We don't live by spirit for the most part. We live by our bodies, and it makes me want to throw up. People just feel that deep spiritual connection, it wakes up, you wam bam thank you mam and it dies. People are so much more than that, but all of them are dead in spirit once that attraction dies. That connection does not last, because it is not of body like they think and believe in their mind.

The minute I know love with a person is the minute I observe myself in the mirror. The minute I can reflect and see right through the eyes of that person and see her as me. Equal to myself in all of body, mind, and soul. Anyone who can't do that has no idea what love is IMO. They are dead. To be able to love, you have got to love yourself completely. I mean the whole deal, your body, your mind, and then your spirit will guide you. And when that happens. When you understand... you are the observer, you are your God... it is an awakening. But we are all on this path, even if you don't realize it. Even if you choose not to. You will just be here thousands of times until you realize this, living out of raw emotion and pain. If you don't believe me, wait till your physical body retires here... go into the light which is your past life review and you will see.

Ramtha... google that and download or buy whatever books you can. I just got a book by him. It's marvelous. It's defined and explained love to me in so much a way that I can just let go completely. No emotion. No rage. No anger. No want. No looking at my past anymore. That is the main message of buddhism. To constantly live in the moment. Let go of the past. You manifested the experience, you made it, you lived it. All you need to do is learn from it. That's what it was there for. That's why there was pain and suffering. Learn the lesson and let go, and develop in spirit.

i guess as a lil girl i attracted my molestation then...my bad....

look i do believe LOA ...to an extent, tho, some of what we go through is about our souls growth, and not what is inherent in us. ive seen some people read posts like the above and either become riddled with guilt at what they attracted or simply fell into self hate and loathing...

which...is never good either

not disputing LOA, because i do have wonderful blessings ...jus throwing some thing else in there with what ive seen and learnt from experience. and we fail to mention that there are forces at play in this world who know full well this law, and do they utmost best to distort and block it...i wont go into who etc because thats another rabbit hole for another day

^^^

Yeah, I agree totally. In the times of my life where I was my most negative and put nothing but negativity out into the world, all I got in return was great things, loads of friends, loads of money, loads of girlfriends and loads of blessings. Then, when I started reading books like The Secret and The Power and changed my way of thinking and living to be more positive, kind and nuturing, all the blessings vanished and I lost everything.

I love hearing stories where people find the LOA to have changed their life, but in my experience it's never worked that way. I agree with 1guygirl…there's a bigger power at play and it's all about our soul's growth.

1gg,

You are right. The LOA is but one of many universal laws that all play a part in our experience.

The great thing about the concept -- which, in practice, is essentially a positive mental attitude -- is that individually we can harness it and exploit it for our own happiness.

And in the context of healing after a BU a positive mental attitude is potentially very powerful stuff, as evidenced by my own story

Cheers,

DD

I just want to say thank you so much for this thread. I today bought the book first thing this morning, i sat in a coffee shop and started reading it. Within the first few pages i had changed my whole attidute and was smilling.

I have replaced all my negative thoughts, i have been smiling all day today and i have set myself up that this week i will not have any negative thoughts at all. If i do i will replace them with instant positive ones. Im going to go into work smiling and happy.

If you go about all down and moody, you will receive back exactly the same.

Such a powerful thing, and i hope to see the benifits of changing my outlook.

• 2 months later...

Archived