Healing wih the Law of Attraction

i cannot say i don't believe in LOA or the secret. it had happened to me in a couple of important areas of my life. esp in my biz. it totally puzzles me, but i am happy of course.

it was my dream to have a super romantic relationship before i met my ex, and i kept thinking about it for years. then it happened. ok i don't know if it would last, but the point it i got it. ( the thing about me is i don't fall in love easily, it is my curse. so my falling for my ex was not a simple event. )

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
link removed

There's a link about using the law of attraction to possibly re-attract the ex. It's the first one that I've seen that makes perfect sense to me. It's basically what this forum encourages a lot of the time as well from the get go.

Thanks for this, best post/link I've read since I joined this site. This is my first serious BU and so the last month has been a mess of emotions. The last few days I had been coming around and thinking about things differently, and this link has just blown my mind. Pure crystal bullet, my moment of realisation about everything.

Thanks Endy.

I ordered The Secret today. I've been meaning to order a few other books that my mom suggested, so I added this one to the ole shopping cart. I'm very much looking forward to reading it, especially because I'm now coming to the 2 mo mark post-BU and I recently had the "click" happen that I'm gonna be OK no matter what happens with me and my ex. I also do some meditation and have been working on positive vibes, which have been not only helping, but manifesting some positive things in my life. Positive signs. Nothing related to the ex, but that will come if it's meant to.

So, I think this is a good time for me to read that book. Looking fwd to it getting here. It's not gonna be here til the first week of August, according to the shipment email.

I ordered The Secret today. I've been meaning to order a few other books that my mom suggested, so I added this one to the ole shopping cart. I'm very much looking forward to reading it, especially because I'm now coming to the 2 mo mark post-BU and I recently had the "click" happen that I'm gonna be OK no matter what happens with me and my ex. I also do some meditation and have been working on positive vibes, which have been not only helping, but manifesting some positive things in my life. Positive signs. Nothing related to the ex, but that will come if it's meant to.

So, I think this is a good time for me to read that book. Looking fwd to it getting here. It's not gonna be here til the first week of August, according to the shipment email.

You should read the article posted above, its superb. I downloaded the audio book of the secret, im hooked, must carry on listening tomorrow.

I'm very close to my 1 month post-BU...I have also had that "click" moment - its quite weird.

I hope you enjoy your book when it arrives!

You should read the article posted above, its superb. I downloaded the audio book of the secret, im hooked, must carry on listening tomorrow.

I'm very close to my 1 month post-BU...I have also had that "click" moment - its quite weird.

I hope you enjoy your book when it arrives!

I just read it-- I think I must have seen partial pieces of that LOA post on ENA before but some of the read was new. FANTASTIC post. I love this positive feeling I'm now getting. I feel like I'm finally getting myself back, and my friends, classmates and family are starting to notice as well. Many congrats to you on being so far along in healing at 1 mo! I was kind of still a mess at 1 mo... but it takes different people different amounts of time.

I hope I do as well. I can't remember all the names of the other books I got (I purchased I think 4 books) but my mom suggested one called "Return to Love" by Marianne Williamson. Apparently, after a horrible BU about 10 years ago with her now-again ex, she read it. My grandmother sent it to her in the mail. After reading it, she said she had this amazing perspective and it wasn't long after that her ex came back for another 7 years. But not only that, it helped her understand love and the power of a positive life. Which is what I'm aiming for.

Thanks Endy for the post-- I hope many forum users read that. And use it for the RIGHT reasons!!

Fantastic... For mynameishope's attitude, for endy's link, for everything that this thread helped me to see, I only have two words: thank you!

I am now willing to absorb all the wisdom and knowledge flowing from this information, and continue to take the steps in the direction I want my life to head - my happiness, I want to FEEL GOOD in my own skin, and be 100% happy with myself once again.

Thanks everybody!

You're all very welcome and I'm very grateful we all share the same views after reading it. I've always understood that if an ex is going to come back it's going to be after you healed and let go. Personally I've never used this to get an ex back. I believe that it will work though if you feel and think the right way. The mind, after love inside of us is by far the most powerful tool we all have. The world is going through a shift right now IMO. More people are becoming aware of all of this even if they are not mentally aware of it. It's a great thing...

I'de also like to thank mynameishope and all of you who kept this thread going. Oddly enough I don't read on the healing forum much. I however, did find this thread out of the blue. Then found that post yesterday... Cooincidence? I think not.

A while back, I read a short book called "Get Unstuck" and the author talked briefly about the reason for the power of thought in manifesting change in your life is b/c the subconscious mind does not know the difference b/t reality and fantasy thought...it is one in the same at the subconcisous level...and our subsconsicous mind is always at work so positive thoughts are a powerful tool in helping to manifest the life we want.

I've always understood that if an ex is going to come back it's going to be after you healed and let go. Personally I've never used this to get an ex back. I believe that it will work though if you feel and think the right way. The mind, after love inside of us is by far the most powerful tool we all have. The world is going through a shift right now IMO. More people are becoming aware of all of this even if they are not mentally aware of it. It's a great thing...

agree with all of this...particularly the bolded....we are heading for much much better times

A while back, I read a short book called "Get Unstuck" and the author talked briefly about the reason for the power of thought in manifesting change in your life is b/c the subconscious mind does not know the difference b/t reality and fantasy thought...it is one in the same at the subconcisous level...and our subsconsicous mind is always at work so positive thoughts are a powerful tool in helping to manifest the life we want.

That is correct and it's why visualization is such a powerful tool.

The thing I have slight issue with is if you become positive, truly move on and are in a better place how will your ex know that you have become positive, have truly moved on and are in a better place? Subconsciously? How are they supposed to know if they never see you?

The thing I have slight issue with is if you become positive, truly move on and are in a better place how will your ex know that you have become positive, have truly moved on and are in a better place? Subconsciously? How are they supposed to know if they never see you?

What are your religious beliefs? The how doesn't matter. It's a vibration. We are all connected by the universe, well that's what I believe anyways. Why do you think when you're longing for an ex you won't hear from them? You're putting out the need of wanting and longing, which is negative. How do you FEEL when you're longing? You feel anxious, stomach pains etc etc. The opposite is the feeling of love for yourself and them which is positive. The universe takes care of the how. All you have to do is do it the right way. If you want to understand it you need to read the two books honestly. It's all just quantum physics pretty much.

The law of attraction makes a lot of sense to me. Right now I'm in the longing, sick to my stomach stage. I'm trying to be positive, love myself and concentrate on building myself back up, but, honestly, I subconsciously wish he would call me and tell me that he still loves me. How do I stop the longing?

it's one of the things they will miss out on, some won't care anyways b/c they made a decision to sever ties so it's their loss.

Thanks to everyone for their input, articles, videos, links and personal experiences! I'm feeling better everyday. I no longer wake up feeling sick to my stomach. I finished reading The Secret and gave it to my dad to read. I'm now half way through The Power by the same author which is just as awesome.

I haven't allowed myself to listen to any songs that would make me sad, angry or depressed. I stopped letting small things get to me. Things are looking really good, with or without a relationship and that's how I think it should be. Once we become completely comfortable with who we are and appreciate ourselves and our own company, then we can truly be happy in a relationship. I know people always say "I just want someone to come home to" and "I just want to feel loved" or "I just want to love". I've been there, I've said it. Trust me, nothing is more liberating than being able to love yourself and feel loved by friends and family and not having to depend on a romantic relationship to feel "complete". I think we need to feel "complete" with ourselves first, then a healthy relationship will follow. I can honestly say that I feel GOOD every single day and I feel good because I decided to.

Here's a poem I found online and I dedicate to everyone on ENA

The Oak Tree

by Johnny Ray Ryder Jr.

A mighty wind blew night and day.

It stole the Oak Tree's leaves away.

Then snapped its boughs

and pulled its bark

until the Oak was tired and stark.

But still the Oak Tree held its ground

while other trees fell all around.

The weary wind gave up and spoke,

"How can you still be standing Oak?"

The Oak Tree said, I know that you

can break each branch of mine in two,

carry every leaf away,

shake my limbs and make me sway.

But I have roots stretched in the earth,

growing stronger since my birth.

You'll never touch them, for you see

they are the deepest part of me.

Until today, I wasn't sure

of just how much I could endure.

But now I've found with thanks to you,

I'm stronger than I ever knew.

I am doing the same thing with the songs. Only songs that make me feel good! I too used to say "I just want someone to come home to" or "I just wanna be loved." I realize after this horrendous BU that I have SO many people who DO love me. They might not be my boyfriend or lover but they LOVE me and support me just the same. And i'm beginning to love myself so much more than I could ever imagine!!

I keep struggling.

This all makes sense to me but, I keep thinking about him! I keep trying to divert that with "It didn't work out. It's over. It doesn't matter now. I'm more important. I matter!" etc, but inevitably I think about him again >_

It still takes time to heal and let it really go. When you're mind is ready you'll be able to. Just keep believing that you are healing and you'll get there. It's healthy, and it's normal.

Just an update

My job is great so far and I have the best boss in the world. I probably went out more and met more people in the last 2 weeks than I have in the last 2 months. I make an effort to have a great day every day and so far it's been working with the exception of Friday when I just had a rough morning. On the days when I don't go out, I've been enjoying my own company more than I ever have before.

Tomorrow, I'm finally paying for my courses and will start working towards getting certified. (I've been wanting to do this since April).

He texted me last Sunday to ask about my 3 week old back injury. On Friday he texted me to say he's keeping my stuff safe for me (at his place) and asked me on a date. Now I know he needs to explain himself before I even consider seeing him again and he can't just pretend like nothing happened but I know where I want to be and I know that I'm getting there

Good for you! Healing with love and gratitude in your heart is so healthy, isn't it? I can remain in contact with my ex and feel good about it because I can control the trajectory my thoughts and feelings will take and remain focused on myself and my healing without any major setback. This is incredible considering where I was just three weeks ago.

I know you've been inspired by the Law of Attraction (The Secret), as I have (among other sources). I do think many people here going through the pain of a break-up can benefit from this as well; it's simple to understand and implement; it just requires a small leap of faith.

DD

A real good book that also uses the law of attraction is You can heal your life by Louise Hay. It's about healing you and positive thinking as well. Probably explains it a little better for someone going through a breakup as well.

• 1 month later...

Hi all! I can't believe I'm finally about to update this thread. I thought about starting a new one "Getting Back Together" but I wanted new members to be able to read the whole story...

2 months back I started this thread and said that with the law of attraction I plan on achieving a few goals in my life, including getting back together with my man. Long story short... we're back together

The relationship is better than it's ever been and my boyfriend is better than he's ever been to me and we are both happier than we've ever been. It's just awesome!

I'm not stopping here, I keep adding to my list of things I want and I plan on getting them all!

If you can take anything away from my story, it's that your life is in your hands. Don't worry about anyone or anything else, YOU are the only patient.

Good luck to everyone

Archived