Affair site registration skyrocketed after Mother's Day

Of course -but I wouldn't find it funny to hear that mothers are having affairs because I would feel sorry for their children. To each her own.

As you stated, it was never mentioned the women were mothers. Very well could be disgruntled housewives looking for something outside their marriage with no children.

As you stated, it was never mentioned the women were mothers. Very well could be disgruntled housewives looking for something outside their marriage with no children.

No, I was commenting on what you wrote which was

"Real or not, it's hilarious. I love the fact the numbers shot up after Mother's Day... poor disgruntled, lonely moms."

And again you're entitled to what you find funny. Were I to hear about mothers having affairs (which I haven't in this article that was posted), I would think first of the children and therefore wouldn't find it funny even though it wasn't me hurting those children as you also wrote.

No, I was commenting on what you wrote which was

"Real or not, it's hilarious. I love the fact the numbers shot up after Mother's Day... poor disgruntled, lonely moms."

And again you're entitled to what you find funny. Were I to hear about mothers having affairs, I would think first of the children and therefore wouldn't find it funny even though it wasn't me hurting those children.

I think your taking this a bit too personally Batya, but that is only my opinion. You clearly didn't get the sarcasm in my post and I'm so sorry i offended you as a mother - idiot me for trying to inject humor into a pointless thread. *tisk*

I think your taking this a bit too personally Batya, but that is only my opinion. You clearly didn't get the sarcasm in my post and I'm so sorry i offended you as a mother - idiot me for trying to inject humor into a pointless thread. *tisk*

No, you didn't offend me as a mother. I would have felt the same way before I had children - and I wasn't offended just surprised at the "hilarious" reaction. When you first responded it wasn't to say that you didn't mean it, only that you weren't hurting those kids. This is the first time you're saying that you didn't mean it was hilarious, you meant it in a sarcastic way. Sarcasm can't always be read in words especially in the way you explained it above. As I wrote you're entitled to your sense of humor. I don't think this is a pointless thread -I think the article is pointless but the reactions are not.

No, you didn't offend me as a mother. I would have felt the same way before I had children - and I wasn't offended just surprised at the "hilarious" reaction. When you first responded it wasn't to say that you didn't mean it, only that you weren't hurting those kids. This is the first time you're saying that you didn't mean it was hilarious, you meant it in a sarcastic way. Sarcasm can't always be read in words especially in the way you explained it above. As I wrote you're entitled to your sense of humor. I don't think this is a pointless thread -I think the article is pointless but the reactions are not.

Clearly I did becuase you jumped down my throat for finding it hilarious becuase I wasn't 'thinking of the children'. Sarcasm may not be very well evident in a post, but sometimes one must think before misinterrupting a post as well.

Clearly I did becuase you jumped down my throat for finding it hilarious becuase I wasn't 'thinking of the children'. Sarcasm may not be very well evident in a post, but sometimes one must think before misinterrupting a post as well.

I am sorry you interepreted what I wrote as jumping down your throat. I didn't mean it that way and I'm surprised you would interpret it that way particularly since I've now written a number of times that you are entitled to your sense of humor. I certainly did think about what you wrote, and your explanation as to why it was funny since you weren't the one hurting the kids. Just as you're entitled to your opinion that it's funny to think of mothers having affairs I'm entitled to mine that it is not a funny situation.

The whole article is pointless and it's a year old. There is no proof behind it besides someone saying they had X members register. Without poof that they were in fact women and mothers, the whole story is nothing but garbage.

Archived