Me and my sister...

Me and my older sister always had a good relationship and I love her to bits and so does she.

But I sometimes feel insecure and jealous because she's prettier and smarter...

I didn't use to be that jealous but I blame my ex boyfriend for making me feel like that.

He always used to make comments of how hot she is and at first it was to "tease" me but he continued with these comments all the time. We kept on having arguments about it a lot but he never saw the wrong in it.

I was deleting his emails and I came accross an email that said "I couldn't believe how hot your sister was when I met her. I was like "wow!"".

I had asked him what he thought of my sis coz it was the first time he'd met her.

And I got annoyed again now!

I'm still mad at him for everything he did to me and it's been about a month since I broke up with him.

I'm also worried that if I get another bf I will feel afraid of him meeting my sister because he will think that she's hotter than me.

Even though I love my sister to bits and we always talk about everything...

I hate feeling this way.

what can I do to overcome that insecurity??

I think you just have to see this is not about your sister, but some jerk you dated who wanted to put a wedge between you and your sister and destroy your esteem at the same time. Any worth while guy won't be interested in your sister beyond being polite to her because she is your sister. I am sorry he made you feel that way. Try not to dwell on statements made by idiots like him.

I agree with Vic, he was just saying that to hurt you. It's easy to say "oh you shouldn't let someone hurt you that way" but it's hard to fight what other people tell you all the time. Hopefully the more time that passes without him in your life, the less you will feel inadequate compared to your sister.

Your ex was rude, and he said those things to ring your chimes. On purpose. Especially after he saw that he struck a nerve. Could this vindictive nature have anything to do with why he's an 'ex'?

Since you were smart enough to break up with that guy, why not just relax and trust that you'll be smarter about who you pick to be your next BF?

You gained a lesson in character study. Use it to your advantage to build confidence instead of to your detriment to build insecurity.

Your ex was rude, and he said those things to ring your chimes. On purpose. Especially after he saw that he struck a nerve. Could this vindictive nature have anything to do with why he's an 'ex'?

Since you were smart enough to break up with that guy, why not just relax and trust that you'll be smarter about who you pick to be your next BF?

You gained a lesson in character study. Use it to your advantage to build confidence instead of to your detriment to build insecurity.

You're right. Yes, his behaviour was one of the reasons why I broke up with him.

I just saw that as completely unnecessary. Like I had learnt from all the other stuff he did, but his comments about my sister didn't make any stronger in any way.

Archived