Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

Life in the Driver's Seat

Seraphim

• Replies 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So the neighbour's kids are still acting up alibet more mildly. Yesterday they were skipping rope in the shared drive way. The mother told them to get in the yard FIVE times . Each time they argued back and sassed her back . Once her four-year-old even laughed in her face. And then they just went back to doing what they were doing. Then they started whipping the skipping ropes in each others faces and slapping each other in the face with the skipping rope. They were also spinning the skipping ropes above their heads and almost hitting our vehicle.

Today they were encouraging their dog to bark at us. We just sat in the yard and stared. They backed off and shut up.

Man, my neighbours may be annoying, but at least they keep to themselves. One of them yelled at Moe to shut up this morning. I laughed. Hypocrites.

I hope your neighbours move away soon, or get some brains.

Oh God I would be jumping for joy in the drive way if they got posted out. They are harassing us because I reported them for abusing their dog. The father is an abusive douche to the dog ,the kids and the mother. Anyway he's using his kids as a tool to harass us. He even made a personal threat against me. I document everything in case I need to go to a lawyer.

Between you and I, we wish that the house next door would burn down so something new could go in. We don’t want anyone to get hurt, but it is so hard to appeal to buyers when the house next door is run down and has 7 dead cars on the lot. That house is weighing down the whole neighborhood.

Good for you for documenting everything!

If your child is sick and dripping with snot please keep them home! It goes like wild fire through the paediatric population and before you know it we ALL have it. It is not like military members don't get paid if they don't go to work. You do. So come on people.

So this morning for work I had to work at the neighbour kids' school. The girl who is the oldest starts yelling at me in an angry voice, " hey you what are you doing at my school? Hey YOU! I said stop." I just walked by her like she didn't exist.

My dentist asked me why I had not been wearing the partial. And I said I have PTSD and it makes me edgy. And I'm also also claustrophobic. And she asked me why I have PTSD. I was able to answer her directly and unemotionally. I was sexually abused as a child. She said she was sorry to hear that. And she could understand why it would make me edgy. She asked me if I could live with the hour in the dentist chair that it would take to bond my front teeth. I said I would take a pill and be ok.

After two back-to-back respiratory elements my lungs are acting up. Bad asthma today.

If it's as humid there as it is here, I'm not surprised you're having breathing issues on top of the respiratory problems you've had! It was 35 with the humidex. And of course my a/c is messed up. UGH.

I will be thinking about you tomorrow Vic. Actually, I've been thinking about you all weekend and week so far knowing that it will be a very rough day for your whole family. Big hugs for you and yours. I'll be holding you all tight from afar (well, not that far). Sending you strength and warm thoughts!

If it's as humid there as it is here, I'm not surprised you're having breathing issues on top of the respiratory problems you've had! It was 35 with the humidex. And of course my a/c is messed up. UGH.

I will be thinking about you tomorrow Vic. Actually, I've been thinking about you all weekend and week so far knowing that it will be a very rough day for your whole family. Big hugs for you and yours. I'll be holding you all tight from afar (well, not that far). Sending you strength and warm thoughts!

Thanks Kaytie! Yeah, it's brutal humid out here too. And I had to walk 2km with two little kids today. Not that the 2 km is a lot but after having the flu and then a cold my lungs are not the best right now. I am sorry about the AC.

Yeah ,unfortunately tomorrow's D-Day for Mr. Spots.

My son seldom talks about feelings but he wanted me to hold him and cuddle and talk. It was very sweet. I held him and told him exactly what was going to happen tomorrow. But I would pick him up from school and daddy would come home early and we would take in Mr. Spots altogether. That they would give Mr. Spots a sedative and he would be very relaxed and then they would do the euthanasia. I said it would be very peaceful and they would be very respectful of our feelings. And the question he had was when they would return his cat's ashes. And just as quickly as my son opened up he closed back up again.

Oh yes, any exertion would be hard with your lungs like that. I got caught in one of the downpours today - fun! I had an umbrella too, but it was useless.

I'm glad he opened up to you, even if it was short-lived. I think knowing what to expect and all the details will help him process. It's so bittersweet knowing it's the best decision, but it still hurts so much and it's still so incredibly hard. I know I will feel the same with my kitty. I hope it is as peaceful as possible.

Yes, with my asthma I only have 80% lung capacity when I am at my best . And I have been forgetting to take my steroids. I really need them when I have a lung issue.

Yes, it is important for my son to know what is going to happen step-by-step so he can process. In your line of work Kaytie do they provide training on ASD individuals?

Yes, definitely. We have a lot of knowledge, training and experience re: LDs, ASD people, plus much more. Additionally, one of my friends has Asperger's so I know a great deal about it. He's been a friend of mine since high school. When my Mom was working (she's a retired Principal/teacher) she taught a lot of ASD kids for years and years.

That makes me happy. Your mom sounds like a saint.

My son is afraid of people in law enforcement unfortunately. He has seen some bad press of officers beating on disabled individuals and now he is fearful. I have tried to convince him that not the majority are like that.

That makes me happy. Your mom sounds like a saint.

My son is afraid of people in law enforcement unfortunately. He has seen some bad press of officers beating on disabled individuals and now he is fearful. I have tried to convince him that not the majority are like that.

True. The majority aren't. And I'm not front line - I'm at the end of the criminal justice system process. In my role in particular, we are very well trained.

My Mom was amazing at her job and has only been retired for just under 3 years. She still works in a volunteer capacity and tutors too. All special needs kids and ESL kids too. She is awesome.

True. The majority aren't. And I'm not front line - I'm at the end of the criminal justice system process. In my role in particular, we are very well trained.

My Mom was amazing at her job and has only been retired for just under 3 years. She still works in a volunteer capacity and tutors too. All special needs kids and ESL kids too. She is awesome.

Your mom does sound amazing!

They have a community liaison officer here so I might hook him up to talk to that officer so he can feel more comfortable. And we can identify our kids as ASD with police forces in case they go missing or in case they see behaviours that are unexpected. So they know they are not on drugs or mentally ill or drunk or something.

Archived