Open Club  ·  32 members  ·  Free

Travel and Culture

Washington D.C....What is there to do?

stingray

When I went a few years ago, I went to Arlington cemetery & the White House. I'm assuming you probably aren't looking at doing either of these. The Smithsonian is probably cool. I didn't go there myself. As for restaurants, you could just look online what is nearby (or easily accessable via subway) & see what has good reviews. The traffic is pretty bad there sometimes so try not to go to places that require a long driving distance between them.

You need to register months in advance if you want to see the White House. They background check everyone. Check out the Spy Museum. I agree with the Smithsonian, but focus on the museums within the SMithsonian that are on your must see list, then see anything else you have time for. There are so many different ones.

The Newseum (museum of journalism) is always fun. There also Eastern Market which is always a good time too. If you're coming in the spring, the national arboretum is highly underrated. For food, my favorite Indian place is Rasika. If you want to stand in line, Georgetown Cupcake is popular. if you're interested in burgers, Ray's Hellburger has some of the best burgers I've ever had. DC is also famous for its Ethiopian food, with the largest Ethiopian community in the US. Dukem is, in my opinion, the best Ethiopian place in the city. I could go on and on, but I've pasted a link from the Washington post below. Also, you might want to look up info on the Washingtonian's site. Hope this all helps, and enjoy your trip to DC!

link removed

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived