It's Time To Value Yourself- Thekid55

thekid55

that's the problem with me, i dunno if i value myself very much after this relationship. I play questions over and over in my head day in and day out.....

Same here......I know my lack of trust and my low-self esteem drove my ex away......but I never got closure, he didn't even say it to my face. I haven't been able to go on because I'm so hung up on how he could possibly do that after being together so long. I just can't see what I could possibly have to offer anymore.

"I already know that I am a prize for any girl. I bring a lot to the table."

What's up Bro! This one statement of yours is SPOT ON! Great for you man. This just Screams Confidence! Keep it up. I'm on the same road...

It's funny, I've been texting 3-4 new Attractive girls since my ex left me 2 months ago... But I still miss the Ex. Maybe its the familiarity, the fact that she told me she loved me... It still has some power over me... I don't know.

Great post though. Makes a ton of sense.

• 1 month later...

Thekid, I've been going through some hard things recently with the ex ending it and being in and out of NC for about 3 months. It was a very strong relationship and wew both said I love you after about a month. But I was trying to reconcile with her for a while and made a bunch of mistakes basically begging for her back, texting, calling etc. She's getting with someone else atm and I always see them in the halls at my high school (both my ex and I are seniors he's junior). I was having a great day today but I saw them at the end of the day and for some reason it's really hurting.

I'm really not trying to think about it and I just got this account on ENA after looking at threads without an account for about 2 months now. But I've taken in yours and SD's advice by doing things for myself, working out hard all the time, placing myself first and basically living for me. But I ust don't know how someone I love so much (or so I thought) could just find someone else just like that (we lost our virginities to each other). I feel as though I'm the one attached and need to get her off the high horse in order for me to get myself back together. I'm going to a dance next weekend and hopefully will talk to some new girls / get their numbers etc. I just want to know how you got through your break-up in high school and how you dealt with knowing that she was already with someone else. Also, I'm 18 and she is too, I'm older by 3 or 4 months.

Wow, throw back. You musta read some of first posts on here from years ago. Basically what happened in that situation...

-We dated for about a year and a half in high school. Things were always fun, light, etc. I was a big-time athlete in high school and she ate that up. I had a ton of social proof with friends, teachers, etc. Basically, I was super cool in high school. I was two years older than she was, so I had the draw of being the cool, hot older guy that gave her, the little underclassman, a ton of attention.

-We broke up about a month or so after I left for college. My school is two hours away from home, so we were against the odds from the start. Especially when you consider that I was 18 and she was 16. Alike any younger girl, she wanted to experience her life. She was just starting become an upperclassman, so she wanted to enjoy all of the perks. Granted, she cried and cried and cried when I left to go away. She wanted to come to my college when she finished high school, but that was an emotional response.

-She came to visit me one weekend at school and when she left, she was a crying mess. I went home the following weekend for Homecoming (I played football so that was a big deal). She broke up with via text at the game. I was devastated and was totally caught off-guard. I did literally everything wrong. I tried talking to her Dad (who saw me as a son), her friends, her, etc. She played me out so badly. She asked me to hang out during Thanksgiving, to only cancel the morning of. She told me she was going to send a birthday present, which I never got and was crushed over. She literally drug me through the ringer for four months before I said enough was enough.

-I met someone new around the four month mark and she was the furthest thing from my mind. I had fun with this new girl and just enjoyed myself. Months later, that ex called me, told me that I was the best thing that ever happened to her and she messed up. She dated a lot of losers during the time frame and I just lost interest. I realized that I moved so far beyond a high school relationship.

Currently, I'm 22 and just getting ready to be an adult. I'm graduating college in a few months and I've been job hunting. I don't have time for anyone's games, BS, drama, etc. and you'll get to that point one day.

Just hang out with your friends for the time being and enjoy the rest of HS. Meet some new girls, talk to them, and just see what happens. After you graduate, you'll have the first big transition in your life and you'll be happy that you don't have that old HS girlfriend..

• 8 years later...

Archived