Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

sherryberrypie

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So not going out tonight. I am finally getting to do that interview (it's turned into more about how admin did not deal with students' concerns, etc...) The catch is that I have to be on their campus by 8:30. That's okay, I've been up since 8:00 and went to school, work, and boot camp. Wow was it ever hard tonight. Hardest ever. I'm up to 25 pound weights now (two arms) and 10+ pound weights (one arm- bicep curls, etc...) we had to do a plank challenge where we went from plank to one leg up, then feet down, one arm up, alternating feet and arms and back into plank. One armed planks are extremely tough!

I really need to work harder on a regular basis to get back into shape though. I'm not fitting things at work nicely at all, and the photos taken of me at the bar last night are atrocious. I look SO fat. For the first time in my life, I can see rolls underneath shirts, and that really made me go, "wow, I fell of the wagon big time!" I really hate to come down on myself, but I tried on clothes at work after my shift today and everything looked bad. Couldn't get the 29 jeans past my knees, 30's I could, but they were awful around my middle, and the 31's were too big, so I am between sizes. I brought chips home for Alex and some strawberry fruit bars and cherries for myself for a snack. I'm going to another fitness class tomorrow night, and I'm taking the yoga classes on Tuesday nights now.

Got up at 6:30 this morning, really early by my standards. Got the interview done, and it was really interesting, the guys were all nice, got a good pic, etc... now I just have to sit down and write the article. I've gotta be at the staff meeting in an hour, so there's not enough time to get my papers and do my delivery route, so I'm just relaxing...contemplating another cup of coffee. It's a good thing I didn't go out last night, because I double-checked my online class and discovered an assignment due at midnight! I got it in at about 11:45 pm...was so tired that I had to keep going back and fixing silly mistakes.

On the drive to the other town and back this stupid ad played four times on the radio. It's an ad for a jewelry company and it goes like this:

"so, you got your girlfriend a great christmas present. She pretended to be excited, but what she was really hoping for was an engagement ring. Well, Valentine's day is coming up and you have another chance.. blah blah blah. Goes on to talk about happily ever after, etc...

My co-worker and I had a good rant about it. She thought she was getting engaged at Christmas, but turns out that her bf had plans to move to Australia with another woman! She was absolutely crushed, and is doing better now, but it makes her really angry to hear those commercials. Then there's me, happy and in love, but those commercials really tick me off because for years I have wanted to get married! It's just cruel. That's my rant.

Sherry's to-do list:

2 readings for media studies

3 readings for global studies

draft of feature article for crew

news article for media studies

3 articles for student news

Create and send acceptance/rejection letters for magazine entries

*Get names of accepted contributors for designer

And I think that's it! Have until Wednesday for the newspaper articles, Monday for the readings, and Monday for the draft of the feature article.

Magazine work is due tomorrow, and then that job is done!

I better get on it.

Good news! I called my sister (turns out she just got home yesterday) and the tests showed positive change in the size of the AVM. Her neurologist seemed very happy with the results and said that the issues she is having are more than likely attributed to things shifting around as the AVM changes size and shape. She has an appointment next week, and she is still dizzy and having episodes, but they're not strokes and there's no bleeding. Thank god! She's off work for awhile and is already bored That's the news in a nutshell.

So far I have managed to delegate one task to the editor in chief of this years' magazine Tonight I am going to get all of the acceptance letters sent.

I'm on call tomorrow, so I REALLY hope it's a no-go. I really need the time to write. If I don't get the readings done, oh well, but I NEED to get all of these articles done.

Well it's not ruled out per say, but I'm thinking on the bright side and not freaking out about possible bleeds at this point in time. One step at a time, really. The radiation she had last year seems to have done a lot of good already, which is a huge relief.

I am extremely busy. I'm also completely sure that I am a horrible acquisitions editor. I've lost track of submissions and names. I have to send a rejection/acceptance letter to every single person now and I'm not sure how to sort it all! Never again. Never, never again.

Taking a breather. I need to have some last bits of info emailed to me before I can send all of the "rejection" emails out. I'm sad to have to say no to so many pieces that I loved. I'm not in the right headspace to write articles right now, so I think I'm just going to finish those letters when I can and do some reading.

I think the last few days I've been really bloated because today I got up and I felt like my fabulous self. I even tried on clothes after work again and found a lot that I loved. We have these blouses made in a really light, soft fabric. I thought they were cute and figured I'd try one on. Wow. New favourite shirt! Sooo comfy. I bought one in teal and I can't wait to wear it. I also got a jean skort that I can wear now with my leggings and then all through spring/summer. We just got a whole bunch of new tees in, so I chose 2 new colours. I'm slowly replacing my old ratty tees. Never buy the really gauzy light ones because they pill up like nothing else. I have a grey one of those that I actually threw out because it was so uncomfortable!

What else did I get... oh a black cami so when my grey one is in the wash I still have a fallback one. They're made of this silky polyester fabric and they make any outfit feel luxurious. I also got a new pair of earrings because my standard pair I wear to work have been worn so much that the silver is rubbing off. This pair is just like my favourite old pair but larger and a bit bolder. I'm getting braver with what I wear. I'm not letting myself buy much black and I'm slowly getting used to wearing larger accessories. At work today I was thinking that I'd bust out the lingerie and surprise Alex, but I got home and he was on WoW (yet again!) so I was immediately turned off. I hate WoW.

The lady with the dishwasher sold it before we could meet. I hate when that happens! Bye bye time-saver

I have always wanted to try leggings but I don't think I could pull them off. I wear shirts and tanks, I don't own anything long enough to constitute me having leggs.

lol. I can imagine WoW is like football. I could be wearing the sexiest thing in the world and walk in during the World Cup and CS wouldn't bat an eye.

Sorry about the dishwasher. I can't live without one, I'm spoiled...

I don't know why I didn't try them sooner. I love them. I only wear them with skirts though.

Yes, I am definitely mourning the loss of what I never had. I want a dishwasher so bad, but I'm not buying one new!

Oh Alex would totally stop what he's doing if I went upstairs in my skivvies. It's happened before. He told his (real life guild buddies) that he had to go and he'd be back in an hour. They all knew exactly what was going on hahaha. He wants to go out and do something tomorrow, and I told him that I likely won't have time. I'm just in homework land this week and taking shorts breaks on here or on facebook. I know it sucks for him, but I have to get these things done. One of my profs doesn't even accept late assignments.

Yeah I don't wear skirts so they are def out for me, lol

CS says he would pay attention but during the World Cup? Ehhhhhh... I can imagine my water breaking and he looking over at me and asking is it really time or are they the false labor pains? It's cute though that he loves football, and it's actually a sport I can watch and enjoy too since i played it when I was younger. American football bores me to death. Football I can get into. Not as enthusiastically as him but I can....

Depression is rearing its ugly head. Must...stop. I want to be in my room, and left alone. The cats won't even leave me alone. They're following me around the house like little stalkers.

That is how I felt this evening. I just wanted some peace and quiet and to be left alone but the kids were not having any part of it. They did everything they could to make noise. Kayleigh decided to sit behind me on the bed and sing the abc song over and over and over and while normally I would enjoy her singing, everything the kids did just bugged me today.

I laughed at the cats stalking you. They remind me of my grandbabies, on a mission to drive us nuts. LOL

Ever since I had this talk about marriage with my manager the other day, I've felt kind of bitter. She was with her guy for nearly 7 years before she told him, "if there's not a ring on my finger after seven years, there's a problem here." Who can blame her, right? She's 28 and had given her entire twenties decade to this one guy who was dragging his feet. But when we were talking about it, she didn't seem that pleased that they finally did get engaged. I think by then the whole thing was not special anymore, and I'm kind of worried about ending up like that.

You think I'd be focusing on other things with how busy I am lately, but I can't stop thinking about WHY. Why am I not good enough? Why is he putting me through this? What is the secret? I was talking to a male friend last night and I confided in him that I am feeling so hurt by this whole thing and he said, as a guy, if he hasn't proposed by now, he probably won't. That hurt, and I realized that maybe it's true. I mean, before the deal was when he finishes school and gets a job (check), then we bought the house (check), now it's when I'M finished school. He keeps changing things.

The whole thing just makes me sad now. I think the only way he will ever propose is if he realizes that I'm not just waiting around for him. If I'm not around (really want to go to school in the maritimes after I get my BA) I'm sure he would realize, but for now, why should he? What's the incentive. He's got everything he wants right here, and I get progressively more and more hurt as time goes on. I wish so much that it didn't matter one way or the other, but it really does.

Sometimes it just hits, I guess. The same friend I was talking to last night said that I'm perfect and Alex is out of his mind for not proposing years ago. He went on to say that he'd marry me in a heartbeat lol. Ego booster, except he's desperate. My heart hurts and I can't focus. I think what really gets me is the loss of control. Our whole relationship, it's been mutual decisions, and fairly un-traditional. Now all of a sudden I have to stop and wait for him to propose like some stupid tradition? For us, it should be a mutual decision because a big elaborate proposal really would just seem silly at this point. But, he wants to do things the "right" way, even if making me wait is eroding my faith in him.

I can't even have a bath without someone standing by the door and crying. Cats...kids...what's the difference? haha. These guys are being downright creepy. Everywhere I go, they're standing there watching me. I think I am the official treat giver or something.

lol. Yea, I can relate to that. I went to the bathroom last night, trying to go to the farthest one away to pee in peace, but still had little fingers under the door trying to get to me. Along with a princess wand she slid under the door to me. They sit by the door talking to me and giggling. ugh. I do love those girls, but I just want a minute to myself sometimes.

Sometimes it just hits, I guess. The same friend I was talking to last night said that I'm perfect and Alex is out of his mind for not proposing years ago. He went on to say that he'd marry me in a heartbeat lol. Ego booster, except he's desperate. My heart hurts and I can't focus. I think what really gets me is the loss of control. Our whole relationship, it's been mutual decisions, and fairly un-traditional. Now all of a sudden I have to stop and wait for him to propose like some stupid tradition? For us, it should be a mutual decision because a big elaborate proposal really would just seem silly at this point. But, he wants to do things the "right" way, even if making me wait is eroding my faith in him.

Have you talked to him about it lately?

Oh yeah! Moe sticks his paws under the door and tries to open it like he opens the closets, and there is usually a robe or something on the floor so he pulls it under the door. It's hard not to bust out laughing. Even Java has started in on the crying and sticking her feet under doors. This morning Moe stood outside our bedroom door and cried until Alex finally chucked him outside. It's fine if they want to snuggle, but usually it's just...hey, I'm bored and it's time for you to get up! Not on Sunday, cat.

The girls sound sooo cute

Yea, I get it from my dog and the girls I nanny. I just don't get the alone time. oye. My dog will whine and cry until she is either sitting next to me or until I play with her, depending on her mood. Then the girls constantly follow me where ever I go. If I'm making dinner or lunch, they want to help or play on the floor next to me. If I go to the bathroom, they are right outside the door and wanting to come in. lol. I can't seem to get time to myself!

You're cats sound cute. It's funny how attached they can all be. They love you!!

Jasper does that. All you see if tan paws reaching under the door or him sticking his nose underneath. He even can POP the door open if its.not shut all the way good. Aye!

On the marriage.... I feel for you. I thought I wanted that with my ex (we were together four years) and after awhile it becomes is this not the next step? I know how you feel. Deep down though i knew i would never marry him. Mine and CS's relationship has never been traditional (obviously) and neither was our proposal but it was US. you know? Have you talked to Alex about this? What about you proposing?

Archived