Budget Dates

Daligal83

Ok guys, I need creative ideas. My boyfriend and I are really trying to watch how much money we spend. We don't make a lot and he probably has to buy a new car. I feel like I'm not saving like I used to so I'm trying to be more cautious.

What ideas do you guys have for cheap ways to spend quality time together? I don't want to fall into the habit of just staying in and watching TV. I like to be active and do things and create new experiences together. Unfortunately those things usually cost money.

Any ideas?

Check out your city for free museum days! All the museums in my city have a day (one evening a week) where entry is free.

You can go to the park.

You can go for a bike ride or rollerblading.

You can go to the beach.

You can have friends over to play board games.

You can cook together and try new recipes.

Hmmm... do you get the paper? In our local paper there's a "What's on" section and there's tons of free stuff listed there too!

I guess it's city-specific. Try googling. I'm sure there's tons of ideas for your specific city online!

Yea I'll have to look at the paper. I like the volunteering idea. That will take some planning since we're in different cities, but I miss volunteering. I'm sure he'd do it with me. We're going to the public market this weekend, which will involve some money but you can't totally avoid it.

I've taken numerous dates to free events at my city's public library. They usually have interesting film screenings or public speakers. It's nerdy but so am I and a lot of girls appreciate something different like that.

i would appreciate something like this for sure. (i am a nerd as well!)

Ok guys, I need creative ideas. My boyfriend and I are really trying to watch how much money we spend. We don't make a lot and he probably has to buy a new car. I feel like I'm not saving like I used to so I'm trying to be more cautious.

What ideas do you guys have for cheap ways to spend quality time together? I don't want to fall into the habit of just staying in and watching TV. I like to be active and do things and create new experiences together. Unfortunately those things usually cost money.

Any ideas?

Gauging this by your avatar and hopefully you dont mind me calling it out but are by chance you in the WNY area? Hit up some of the state parks for hikes/picnics as an idea... Like around NF/the gorge, hiking around Letchworth, Zoar valley etc.. Coming into fall these will be really beautiful/romantic with the leaves changing and such.

Archived