Informal survey: Do you swallow? Please participate--yes/no

Situation: In love, married, guy in perfect health, doesn't smoke and he goes down on you EVERYTIME and loves making you happy.

Question: Would you swallow at least 33% of the time (like Sex 3 times a week for example, swallow once)

I'm being specific so I don't get any. "It all depends" type posts. I want yes/no answers and maybe the reason if "no" (taste, etc.)

Thanks ladies!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never actually tasted it before, so I would be kind of afraid to, so I would have to say no. Maybe after doing it for awhile I might work up the nerve to taste it, but I don't think I would swallow. I don't know, the idea of swallowing it kind of grosses me out. I know a lot of girls enjoy it & I mean, thats cool if thats what they like, but the idea of it doesn't sound appealing to me. Just as long as I'm making him feel good, I don't think it would matter to much.

just my opinion, but I do not care if a woman swallows or not. the important thing she enjoys pleasing me like I her.

just my opinion.... but I do.

I think humans are innately selfish--hence why it's important to me. But these selfish desires can be trumped by other considerations such as true love.

I've seen your posts Gilgamesh, and I question such unflinching altruism. I think based on all these--what psychologists call--"reaction responses" that you've been hurt pretty bad in the past. But hey I could be wrong, but I'll just read any defence as denial .

But you do make me feel very guilty (I know it's not your intention). Is it wrong for me to want something in a relationship (not that you're saying this exactly)? Shouldn't I just want to love my wife with all I am for the rest of my life? Isn't that the strongest of loves? You've got me thinking though.

But I'd appreciate it if someone want's to talk about this, to start a new thread. I'm still wondering about the swallowing thing from WOMEN not MEN (looking at you Gilgamesh .

What exactly are you looking to achieve out of this informal survey? It all seems a bit disingenuous to me.

Personally, because I'm curious. But how about:

-It's a fetish of mine.

-Because some guys like to know (It is discussed in the first chapter of "How to give your woman" absolute pleasure.)

-Sociological Study.

-Because in general people are curious about it (It's way above average post/reply based on post age.)

Need I go on?

Disingenuous? I don't see how. I've been nothing but honest and frank the entire time.

It is always going to be upto the women to decide. Not much we can do. Im not sure of the statistics but I reackon about 33% of woman who are married and totally in love with their partner would be willing to do it regularly. Lets be honest, its just a bad taste for a brief moment. I hate almost all vegetables and fruit, yet I have to eat them regularly without complaining . If it was the other way round I think I could do it to make my partner happy. There again I would do most things if it made my partner happy.

There was an article on CNN about fellatio and swallowing. apparently the statistics were that of the people who regular performed fellatio and swallowed for the last 10 years, their chances of getting breast cancer significantly dropped. Im trying to find the article about it.

There u go women, no excuse Joking of course

I've seen your posts Gilgamesh, and I question such unflinching altruism. I think based on all these--what psychologists call--"reaction responses" that you've been hurt pretty bad in the past. But hey I could be wrong, but I'll just read any defence as denial .

Well you may find it hard to believe, maybe because you do not want to.

A more interesting survey/thread is why do some men want their women to swallow? is it that they get off on the "sacrifice" of doing something they know they really do not like? because it has nothing to do with making the oral sex part any better. maybe its just an ego trip, Hmm look she swallows she must really like me.

If its a fetish thing well hey good for you, but why do youfind it so hard to believe that some others do not share in your fetish. Must be really hard for you to accept there are others that do not care whether their partners swallow or not, because it doesnt matter and doesnt effect the pleasure, its only a mind trip so believe what you want, but I do not get off on wanting my girl to do something she really doesnt like. I must be an Alien or something.

But hey I could be wrong, but I'll just read any defence as denial

Here your saying you "could be wrong" but your going to believe what you want to believe anyhow, and somehow iam the one in denial, lol now thats funny.

Hey if she is willing then I am there... LOL

The best part is that CBfan wanted to have womens opinion. What he got was an all male response. lol

In my experience if she is willing to do that for her partner then you should be a happy camper. Most of the women I have been with would not swallow (some spit) and the others wanted nothing to do with it near their mouth.

Every woman is different and it is not fair to try to force her to swallow your load when she is grossed out. It is way more sexy when she WANTS to do it without having to be convinced into it.

At least that is my two cents.

Hubman

Ok Gilgamesh now calm down. I want you to reread my post. I wasn't atacking you at all. Seriously.

A more interesting survey/thread is why do some men want their women to swallow? is it that they get off on the "sacrifice" of doing something they know they really do not like? because it has nothing to do with making the oral sex part any better. maybe its just an ego trip, Hmm look she swallows she must really like me.

Or maybe they just like it

If its a fetish thing well hey good for you, but why do youfind it so hard to believe that some others do not share in your fetish.

I didn't say this. Where did I say this?

Must be really hard for you to accept there are others that do not care whether their partners swallow or not, because it doesnt matter and doesnt effect the pleasure, its only a mind trip so believe what you want, but I do not get off on wanting my girl to do something she really doesnt like. I must be an Alien or something.

Relax man. I do accept these reasons. I argree and believe EVERYTHING you just wrote (except for the alien thing .

Here your saying you "could be wrong" but your going to believe what you want to believe anyhow, and somehow iam the one in denial, lol now thats funny.

Alright Gilgamesh. Let me apoligize. I think we got off on the wrong foot here. Right before this post I was about to post how I respect your opinion and that you have a lot of smart things to say.

Actually let me read it for you:

I was being scharchastic. How do you know? That's that the little means. But even if you didn't catch that then:

But you do make me feel very guilty (I know it's not your intention). Is it wrong for me to want something in a relationship (not that you're saying this exactly)? Shouldn't I just want to love my wife with all I am for the rest of my life? Isn't that the strongest of loves? You've got me thinking though.

Why would I be defending what you just said (blold) or complementing your position (bold italics) if I was atacking you.

Listen, I don't know how this happened. I apoligize to you Gilgamesh. I don't know why you think I'm atacking you.

I have already posted my opinion earlier, but I want to know what you would do cbfan...

Say you had a girlfriend that you really loved more than anything & she loved you as well. Lets just say she didn't like to swallow.. Would you be ok with that? Would you try to make her? Would you break up with her? Since it is something you really like, what would you do about it?

maggie18,

It would ONLY be a deal breaker if she had other problems giving too. I've always said they're are two types of views when it comes to sex.

1) You both respect each others limits.

2) You both would do things that you might not like to please the other person.

Both people can be type 1, or both can be type 2. But it seems a little unfair to have a type 1 and type 2 together.

Some would say that it doesn't mean you don't love them any less if you don't go down on them/swallow for them. But to me it really seems like you don't. True love is loving someone more than you love yourself. You see I used to have the problem going down on a girl. I didn't like the taste. I'm not talking about inability, but not trying something just because it grosses you out--espically when you love that person--smacks of callowness. But then I realized this the hard way.

Two type 2 relationships are more loving, and lead happier lives. But to answer your question again. I would be ok with that. I mean love is the ultimate deal breaker--you can do anything for true love.

But at the same time I will do anything for my true love--whether or not I like it--becasue her happiness is what matters to me most at the end of the day. Yes even if it means no swallowing. Now doesn't that selflessness sound like the truest of loves?

Disingenuous? I don't see how. I've been nothing but honest and frank the entire time.

Hi CBFan

You need to check the meaning of disngenuous.

Well if we are both talking about DisIngenuous then why? To prove that I was correct .

Disingenious--

Not ingenuous; wanting in noble candor or frankness; not frank or open; uncandid; unworthily or meanly artful.

Source: Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary

disingenuous

ADJECTIVE: 1. Not being what one purports to be: ambidextrous, insincere, left-handed, mala fide. See HONEST. 2. Marked by treachery or deceit: devious, duplicitous, guileful, indirect, lubricious, shifty, sneaky, underhand, underhanded. See HONEST.

Source: Roget's II: The New Thesaurus, Third Edition.

Maybe we're thinking differently somehow?

Oh by the way. For those that are interested (like the the 1000 odd that took this poll The answer is here(as accurate internet polls can be):

link removed

22.) How often do you swallow when giving head?

Always, Love the taste (32%)

Soemtimes, depending on my mood (32%)

Never, don't like the taste (14%)

Always, I love turning hom on that way (11%)

Never, I would rather spit. (8%)

here

link removed

If yes to the previous question, do you allow him to ejackulate in your mouth

Yes I love the way he taste and like to savor the flavor for a few minutes befor (33%)

No I think it's discusting (27%)

Yes but swallow quickly to avoid a lingering taste in my mouth (26%)

Yes but I spit it out ASAP (12%)

562 total votes

link removed

10c.) When giving oral, do you?

swallow (34%)

depends on my mood (22%)

Spit (15%)

swallow sometimes (13%)

spit sometimes (6%)

depends on the taste (6%)

86 total votes

link removed

yes, she loves it. 39 41.05%

no, she hates it. 37 38.95%

yes, but she still hates it. 19 20.00%

link removed

Do you swallow your partner's ejaculate/vaginal excretions?

a) Yes, every time

32.2% (677 Votes)

b) Yes, but not all the time

23.6% (498 Votes)

e) No, I don't let my partner ejaculate into my mouth

17.7% (373 Votes)

c) Yes, but I try to avoid it

11.9% (252 Votes)

d) No, I spit it out

8% (169 Votes)

f) No, I never give my partner oral sex

6.3% (133 Votes)

Total Votes: 2102

link removedentry489623

What do you do with semen after oral sex?

Spit it out quick to get rid of the nasty stuff [ 3 ] [4.55%]

Spit it out and play with it in some way [ 3 ] [4.55%]

Swallow as quickly as possible [ 21 ] [31.82%]

Swallow after playing with it in some way [ 12 ] [18.18%]

Give it back to my partner by kissing [ 4 ] [6.06%]

I don't let my partner come in my mouth [ 7 ] [10.61%]

It all depends on how I feel at the time [ 16 ] [24.24%]

Total Votes: 66

Well I just figured I'd put my 2 cents in. I absolutely LOVE to swallow. I make my guy tell me everytime he's about to cum just so I can go down there and swallow. He likes that I like to. But not everyone is my guy and I. I think if you really loved the woman (as a man) then you wouldn't care if she swallowed or not. She's giving you head right? So what's the big hang up on one little thing? And girls, if you don't like to swallow, and you really love the guy, find other inventive ways to "deal with the mess". But to the main post, I love the taste and the feel of my guys contractions in my mouth. It's a big turn on for me...physically and emotionally. I know he's feeling intense pleasure and is vulnerable, and is letting me share in his feelings. To be in control of that really makes me feel great. But, cbfan, keep in mind that no two women are exactly the same. "If love was present, nothing else would have to exist"

Hello Birdie

If the girl that I'm with really likes it because it pleases her than hey that makes me happy because she is.

I also enjoy giving oral sex to women, for the very same reasons you describe, my enthusiasm really turns them on, which turns me on.

I absolutely LOVE to swallow.

Hey Birdie. What if the guy you were with thought it was gross that you swallowed, and wouldn't let you? How would that make you feel? I know you're going to say, "I love him, so I wouldn't do it for him." But you also LOVE swallowing too right? Maybe you can understand where I'm coming from, if you haven't already. Some women are frustrated when men don't go down on them. (I love it, and would hate to have that taken away from me.) Maybe these women can understand where a guy is coming from and not say something like, "What's the big deal with swallowing?" In the SAME way that it would be disappointing if a guy didn't let you swallow, it is disappointing TO SOME GUYS when girls don't swallow. I hope you understand this. And the stronger the desire the worse the disappointment. What if someone banned oral sex all together? What if they really didn't care for sex so much (maybe after time has passed) that they would only allow it once a week? once a month? How would that make you feel? Should you respect their desires and not force them to have sex with you? I don't know if I even have answers to that one.

Let's see if I can make this analysis more rigorous. I'd like to say that these are prescriptive (SHOULD do) rather than descriptive (what happens) rules, but I don't know.

1) The more unusual the desire the less the person should accommodate their lover. Expecting your SO to let you have sex with them once in a while isn't wrong. Expecting them to let you engage in necrophilia is wrong. Expecting oral isn't wrong (or is it?). Expecting swallowing is pushing it.

2) The more the desire the more one should accommodate. If he RATIONALLY has an EXTREME PENCHANT for her to swallow, and she's just worried about the taste then she should accommodate. If she UTTERLY DESPISES swallowing and it makes her gag and he only has a thing for it, he should accommodate her.

And one last thing to note. People say things like, "It doesn't mean he/she loves you any less." But at the moment I want to say that--DEPENDING ON THE CIRCUMSTANCES/REASONS--it really does. Men and women who make up stupid excuses "I don't like the taste" (for men going down on girls too!) and don't bite the bullet once in a while for their SOs really don't love them as much. AT THE MOMENT this seems blatantly obvious to me.

I would say that if you don't want to go down on you're girl because of the taste or it grosses (you may have other reasons) you out your not a true man (you're overly selfish) and you really don't really care for her at the highest of levels. And I would ALMOST say the same thing to women who don't swallow, but there's a difference between licking down there and swallowing someone elses bodily fluid.

Just thinking that the world would be a better place if all the women swallowed and all the men wen't down on their girls 4 times a day .

cbfan

I really am grossed out by swallowing. It doesn't mean at all that I would not perform oral on my boyfriend, or not please him in another way. I love to please him. But its like, if he's enjoying it & getting pleasure out of it, does it really make a difference if I swallow or not?? I mean, if I don't swallow, does that really decrease the good feeling? I guess I'm just lucky to be with a guy who doesn't mind if I do or not because I really do not find it appealing at all. Like, if my boyfriend was totally against something, like even as big as going down on me, I wouldn't be upset. Thats his personal feeling & I truly don't think it means that person loves you even less. If he was unwilling to kiss me or hug me, then somethings wrong, but everyone has their own opinions to different sexual things & some people just aren't for certain things. Like if I was willing to swallow any other guys cum besides my boyfriend, then he should take it personally.. But if a person is totally grossed out by it, you can't take it personally, its got nothing to do with you, its about them.

I really am grossed out by swallowing. It doesn't mean at all that I would not perform oral on my boyfriend, or not please him in another way. I love to please him. But its like, if he's enjoying it & getting pleasure out of it, does it really make a difference if I swallow or not?? I mean, if I don't swallow, does that really decrease the good feeling? I guess I'm just lucky to be with a guy who doesn't mind if I do or not because I really do not find it appealing at all.

The ideal case would be that your brain is so saturated by you're love for your SO that you learn to love it--like an aquired taste. I think women best in bed are the ones so turned on by pleasing their men that they learn to love whatever it is he wants. They take something they really didn't like--like swallowing--and turn it into something they love simply because they're SO loves it. That's the kind of man I want to be: A real man, who learns to enjoy what their lover wants, simply becasue they want to make them happy.

Yes you are lucky that you two are compatable in this way. But don't make it sound like you've solved this problem. You've just described your situation which was lucky, that's all.

Like, if my boyfriend was totally against something, like even as big as going down on me, I wouldn't be upset. Thats his personal feeling & I truly don't think it means that person loves you even less.

Well it depends on the reason. But if you want it real bad and he just "doesn't like the taste" I would say he really doesn't care for you like he should. I'm sure there are stupider reasons. Is there ANY reason that he can give which makes him seem just a tad on the selfish side? Are all reasons completely acceptable? Such excuses such as, "I don't like the taste" are comical to me. You're saying, in effect, "I know that I can give you a lot of pleasure by doing this because you enjoy it so much (not you particullarly maggie), but I don't care for the taste so I'm not going to do it" Sounds a little selfish doesn't it? And if I correctly quote a quote in the book "Why we Love," "Selfishness is the anti-love". Love is about sacrifice. And sacrificing one's taste buds for you're lover's pleasure doesn't seem much of a sacrifice at all.

But maybe you should answer the question. If your bf REALLY REALLY loved this, and he got soooo much plasure out of it. I mean he really likes it, that's why he keeps asking if you would do it. Would you do it for him? Couldn't you get over this being "grossed out" feeling for him? After all you can give him A WHOLE LOT of pleasure.

AS always it depends on the circumstance. I really don't know what "grossed out" means for you. But you know a lot of girls do it anyways for the same reason. But if you couldn't do this, do you really think you still love him to the same degree?

But while you're thinking about that, think about this too: No one will ever master the art of being you're lover's best lover until you learn to fulfill their desires. If your bf broke up with you and met another girl exactly like you in every way but she swallowed (and assume that he really liked it--but you can use any other example besides swallowing) suddenly she is the better lover.

I would venture to say that the more limitations a man/woman puts up in bed, generally the more selfish they are in real life.