First date

Betty79

I am glad you found this support system...and that I found you all! You sound like an incredible gal.

Hey MyLife, welcome to the thread!! I'm glad it has been of some help to you. It has been great for me to get out my thoughts and feelings. What sort of situation are you in if you dont mind me asking?

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey MyLife, welcome to the thread!! I'm glad it has been of some help to you. It has been great for me to get out my thoughts and feelings. What sort of situation are you in if you dont mind me asking?

Oh, Betty, my girl, thanks for your concern about my situation. I just created a lengthy thread about it, lol! Basically, I went on a great date (or so I thought) with a man I met online and he never called me (but he texted a few times) and I am obssessed about why he didn't call. Like you, I know it's not the end of my life, but, like you, I tend to obsess about stuff like this while waiting for my flight to greener destinations. Anyhow, thanks for your concern, but this is your thread, so back to you!

Oh, Betty, my girl, thanks for your concern about my situation. I just created a lengthy thread about it, lol! Basically, I went on a great date (or so I thought) with a man I met online and he never called me (but he texted a few times) and I am obssessed about why he didn't call. Like you, I know it's not the end of my life, but, like you, I tend to obsess about stuff like this while waiting for my flight to greener destinations. Anyhow, thanks for your concern, but this is your thread, so back to you!

Thanks MyLife, I have to dash to work now but I shall take a look at your thread later. I maybe seeing my guy tonight as my plans have been cancelled now. So will see what he is doing and give him the choice of tonight or Sunday. Keep you posted!

Oh dear, it looks like he is going to flake on me!! We were supposed to meet today when I got back from my trip. He tried ringing me late last night..has been out drinking..I was asleep so didnt answer. I text him hi this morning and he replies. I ask if he still want to come over later when I get home. He has not replied. This was 3.5 hours ago. Disappointed but I guess I knew it was going to happen

Oh dear, it looks like he is going to flake on me!! We were supposed to meet today when I got back from my trip. He tried ringing me late last night..has been out drinking..I was asleep so didnt answer. I text him hi this morning and he replies. I ask if he still want to come over later when I get home. He has not replied. This was 3.5 hours ago. Disappointed but I guess I knew it was going to happen

Ouch, not good. Unless someone is cancelling due to family emergency or something, I would rarely advocate rescheduling.

Ouch, not good. Unless someone is cancelling due to family emergency or something, I would rarely advocate rescheduling.

Yes I know not good...I guess there is nothing I can do? I dont want to contact him again so I guess I will have to just accept that we are not doing anything?

Yes I know not good...I guess there is nothing I can do? I dont want to contact him again so I guess I will have to just accept that we are not doing anything?

Thing is, he did try to call last night and you didn't pick up. But yeah, he should have responded by now.

Thing is, he did try to call last night and you didn't pick up. But yeah, he should have responded by now.

Yes but it was gone midnight when he called, lol, thats why I didnt pick up. He communicated with me this morning but then as soon as I asked about today..nothing..what should I do?

Yes but it was gone midnight when he called, lol, thats why I didnt pick up. He communicated with me this morning but then as soon as I asked about today..nothing..what should I do?

I would make other plans. He could have responded by now.

Personally, if it's someone I like, I don't really care when they call and I probably would have picked up the phone, but I can understand why you didn't. He might have thought you were out with someone since it was so late? He doesn't know you were home.

Well I didnt hear the phone otherwise I would have picked it up aswell. He had been out drinking and had probably got home drunk thats why he called. I was away for a couple of nights staying with a friend, he knows that, we had also been out but I was in bed way before he rung.

Well I didnt hear the phone otherwise I would have picked it up aswell. He had been out drinking and had probably got home drunk thats why he called. I was away for a couple of nights staying with a friend, he knows that, we had also been out but I was in bed way before he rung.

But he doesn't know that. I'm not making excuses for the guy - I don't think you should see him today - just saying that he might be wondering why you didn't pick up when he rang last night, that's all.

Ok thanks Miss K, I did tell him in my text this morning that I must have been dead to the world as didnt hear his call. So do you think I should text him again about today to get an answer or just leave it and write him off?

Oh, I didn't know you said that. I wouldn't write him off, but do not text him again. Why would you do that? You already did and he has not responded.

Turns out he says he isn't just after one thing but not sure he really wants anything serious either. I said well its up to you I am happy to see how things go but if you want to leave it then thats your decision. He said I dont know I just dont want to be an idiot and mess you about so I said ok no worries we'll leave it then...its been fun, you're a nice guy and i hope things work out for you.

And he left it till now to tell you that? Hmmm!

I'm sorry it didn't work out!

Yes I know, perhaps he has just met somebody else and thats an easier way out I dont know. He didnt reply to my last text saying that we will leave it then and wishing him well, although I suppose there was nothing for him to say. Disappointing but I guess I'll live

What I dont get as well is when I told him last week that I thought we should stop texting all the time and for him to just get in touch if he wanted to meet up and do something he text me the next day to ask me out for sunday?! Weird...why bother if you dont want anything..

Turns out he says he isn't just after one thing but not sure he really wants anything serious either. I said well its up to you I am happy to see how things go but if you want to leave it then thats your decision. He said I dont know I just dont want to be an idiot and mess you about so I said ok no worries we'll leave it then...its been fun, you're a nice guy and i hope things work out for you.

I missed something. Did you text him again after no response? How did this whole conversation even come up?

Yes Miss K I did text him again I didnt see your post until after. I just said hmmm I guess not then?! I know I shouldnt have but just wanted to know.

He claimed not to have got my last text asking if he still wanted to do something today and just thought i wasn't responding to him (i dont believe that) but I told him what I said anyway and asked him did he want to come over or not. He said yes of course I do, he would have a shower etc then come over. Then he sends me another suggestive text. I make a bit of a joke out of it and say if your just after one thing then you got the wrong girl. He says he isnt necessarily after one thing but not sure he wants anything serious either. I say its up to him and i am happy to see how it goes which is when he says he doesn't want to be an idiot and mess me about so I say best we leave it then and wish him all the best..nothing since

Betty, you basically dumped him. Of course no response. You need to chill a little bit, IMO. I do think he likes you. And I think you like him.

I didnt know what else to say? I had seen it coming a while. I am looking for a relationship. I knew he wouldnt come around today. What should I do then Miss K? Say something else or just leave it?

I think it's okay to contact him again since you basically dumped him in your text message. I know that wasn't your intention, though.

What would I say if I contacted him again? No it wasnt my intention to dump him but he was basically saying he didnt want anything serious and if he was to come around today then he would be hoping to get jiggy..lol...Yes I do like him a lot. I just dont know what to do about it. Should I just leave things for a few days and see if he gets in touch again??? or send another text now???

Archived