How long would you wait?

ay0_x

For a guy/girl you were dating to be 'ready'? Assuming they've had sex before.

edit: I'm talking about maximum amounts of time here. I know "whenever it feels right" etc, but I do believe that most people have a time limit.

For a guy/girl you were dating to be 'ready'? Assuming they've had sex before.

edit: I'm talking about maximum amounts of time here. I know "whenever it feels right" etc, but I do believe that most people have a time limit.

I'm actually very patient about that and I can wait a while if she needs me to. As for a specific time frame, I can't specify because I don't really know.

About a month. I don't think I could be with someone who didn't want to sleep with me after that long.

Same here. The time frame I have in my mind about sleeping with a guy is after about 8 dates/1 month. I'd assume a guy around my age, wanting to wait even longer..it would put me off.

Aside from my first, I jumped in pretty quick with other guys. Except my husband. I really valued our friendship, and wanted to wait until we were both sure we loved each other. The sex itself wasn't super important, and waiting meant we had some pretty awesome make out sessions. Once you cross that line, the making out isn't the same anymore.

I would have waited somewhere between 6 months and a year, if I had to. But that's based off my stipulation of being in love.

I would want to "wait" awhile, and not have sex very early, but I don't think more than six months, assuming we saw each other on a frequent and regular basis during that time. I think that if both people are serious about wanting a relationship, 6 months is plenty of time to develop trust and intimacy and actually love as well, so waiting much longer than that would make me wonder what we were waiting for.

well, if it was someone who I really liked and saw a future with, I wouldn't mind waiting. I don't believe I could put a number on it.. it all depends on what their reasons are for waiting and how they treat me. As long as we're doing other sexual things, it's nice to wait a while for the actual sex. I'm the kind of person who would want to wait at least 6 months anyway.

I would say I would wait up to a year to a year and half. If I Really love the guy it would be 10 months the very least nothing less. During that time the honeymoon phase should be over with and I can see if he actually wants a committed relationship or just sex.

I have made a vow that I will abstain from sexual intercourse until engagement and if possible marriage. Why this vow? Because years ago I rushed into sex before the relationship really blossomed. As a result it became more about the sex and less about everything else. While I don't expect many to understand my choice, it was something I needed to do.

Archived