hes just walked out

outsider1

me and my bf just had a massive row. and he as stormed out so i rang him and all we done was hurl abuse at eachother down the phone. im always the one to apolgize n say im sorry. i know he loves me more than anything, but im really hurt and upset he was really nasty. i want to stop myself from chasing him and have some dignity for once, i just sent him a txt basically saying i will not be running after him this time, and if he wants me he can contact me. i wnt to show him that im not weak and that i wojnt always chase him. i just dont think im strong enough not to contact him hellp

Sometimes, after a fight/argument, it IS best to walk away. It gives one time to cool off and think rationally.

Leave him be. Stop phoning. Stop texting. Don't email. Just leave him be to get over it and cool off. It will probably do you good too and give you time to cool off so that when you two get back together again you can hopefully have a decent discussion without attacking each other.

Give him some space.

After a fight it is best to not call them because both of you are still heated from the argument and it will just escalate. I used to be the same I'd call back and yell/scream be mean we'd say mean things to each other and it would just make it worse.

Recently I've been thinking a lot about the way he and I were towards each other and all the mistakes we "both" made. I refuse to blame just one person because it's never just one person's fault. But one person can stop it and that's usually the one that's the angriest. In my case it was usually me because I think out of the two mostly it was me that was more angry and he kept it inside, until one day it just burst and that's really bad. Collecting it for a long time and letting it all can really damage the relationship. It's best to discuss the issues when they happen, but only once both parties are cooled off. The more you push a person the more they feel forced and will do the opposite.

A friend actually told me that sometimes it best to walk away from the argument, cool off and then try to resolve it after both parties are more calm.

This is just my opinion though, no relationship is the same, but I truly believe had we both just at times cooled off ( he usually wanted it I PUSHED) for a day or two it could/might have worked. Who knows, maybe it's just wishful thinking or regret on my part. I learning a lot these days about what mistakes I made and he for that matter.

Archived