Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

A day in the life of Mama Metro (metrogirl)

metrogirl

I am so tired today. I have been cleaning, cooking and washing clothes. The grandkids are driving me nuts today. I think they have been conspiring to make me as crazy as they can. I'm dying to get out of here and spend some time in the gym but no one is here to watch the kids.

Hopefully my son will get here soon and then I can run away for an hour or so. Maybe a little more if I decide to go to Target.

Nothing exciting to report, other than I have an insane amount of overtime that I am going to be working this week, actually the whole week and no days off til next Sunday.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I picked up Nathan and my daughter from the hospital yesterday. I took that opportunity to hit the gym after I brought them home, since my son was still missing in action. I didn't get a good workout, it was late and I still needed to pack my lunch and get my clothes ready for work so I had to make the workout quick.

Won't be going to the gym today, I am doing a 12 hour day and when I get off at 6:00pm I want to see the basketball game and still have time to pack tomorrow's lunch.

Juggling the gym and my many hours of overtime this week is gonna be quite the task. I don't think I will be home much but on a positive note, I will be making some good money and can pay off a few bills which is always nice.

Yesterday was a 12 hour work day and the gym was out of the question. I wanted to get home and watch some basketball. The baby was downstairs when I got home, sound asleep and I was watching him sleep. I probably spent more time watching him than watching the game. He started stirring and I was like "oh he's awake" and picked him up. He was actually actually hungry so I fed the little guy. Then I went to burp him and I guess I wasn't patting his back hard enough and my daughter said "mom, you have raised 4 kids and 4 grandkids, you know you have to burp them harder". LOL

I'm tired today, didn't sleep well. I have been awake since 2:45am and not by choice.

I will probably work anywhere from 10-12 hours today and then go to the gym. I brought my gym bag with me so I don't waste anytime at home. Now I just need to find a bit of energy.

I weighed myself again this morning. It seems I am on track and moving slightly forward with the weight loss.

Total lbs lost 22 lbs.

^it is, thank you.

So I worked a litte OT yesterday and I do mean a little. I couldn't stay as long as I would have liked because I ran out of some materials. Hopefully the manager brings some more and then I can pick up where I left off. I could easily do 3 hours and still have time to get home and watch the game.

I did make it to the gym yesterday, had a decent workout. I was sweating a little more than usual. Did 30 minutes of cardio and then worked on my legs and hips for a bit.

Last night I bought tamales for the family. I bought the usual chicken and pork and I packed one for my breakfast. I don't normally eat tamales for breakfast but I was craving one and I don't think it's gonna kill me, well actually it might and here's why. I think it was beef. It was bunched with the other pork ones and it looked like the other pork ones but the meat was slightly different in texture. Even my bf sitting next to me said, "you aren't eating beef are you"?

Now I'm terrified. For those of you that read this and don't understand my concern, I have an allergy to beef. Something in the beef makes the H-Pylori bacteria levels in my stomach multiply to unsafe numbers. Previously, I would end up with nasty bacterial infections and I would bleed out. I was even transported by ambulance from the Urgent Care to the Emergency room because my blood pressure had dropped from the bleeding.

Ugh... I don't want to go through this. Ok this is my thinking, gave up beef like 8 years ago so maybe my stomach will be strong enough to withstand this. I think I am stressing myself out, I feel like I have bubble guts but it's probably my fear that I'm going to die a slow painful bloody death that makes it feel that way right now.

Oh pray for me.

Now I'm terrified. For those of you that read this and don't understand my concern, I have an allergy to beef. Something in the beef makes the H-Pylori bacteria levels in my stomach multiply to unsafe numbers. Previously, I would end up with nasty bacterial infections and I would bleed out. I was even transported by ambulance from the Urgent Care to the Emergency room because my blood pressure had dropped from the bleeding.

Ugh... I don't want to go through this. Ok this is my thinking, gave up beef like 8 years ago so maybe my stomach will be strong enough to withstand this. I think I am stressing myself out, I feel like I have bubble guts but it's probably my fear that I'm going to die a slow painful bloody death that makes it feel that way right now.

Is there any way you can let your doctow know, and she/he can prescribe something as a preventative (such as an antibiotic)?

Is there any way you can let your doctow know, and she/he can prescribe something as a preventative (such as an antibiotic)?

That's actually not a bad idea. I think I will call him and ask. I seriously didn't even think of that Bella. I went right into panic mode and started writing my will. LOL Not really but you understand right?

So far, so good. No loose bowels or anything, unless it's too soon. Just waiting and hoping for the best.

Keeping my fingers crossed, so far no yucky tummy issues from yesterday's beef eating. *shudders*

I should know for sure in a few days as it usually takes a little while for the bacteria to multilpy like baby bunnies. HAHA

No gym yesterday, I worked some overtime and then had to search the stores for something for my granddaughter to wear to her pre-school graduation later today. It's a hawaiaiin themed party so the school wanted all the kids to wear something hawaiaiin. (I just know that hawaiaiin word is spelled wrong). They didn't want the kids dressing up fancy and no dress shoes so I found a pair of shorts with hawaain flowers on them and a cute tank top with the same flowers. I bought her some lei's from Walmart. I scored as everything was found in the clearance section. YES!!!

Still trying to figure out if I can squeeze in some OT today. I get off work at 2:00p, graduation at 3:15pm. I want to come back to work for a few hours and then hit the gym. Can't skip the gym as I didn't go yesterday and I am absolutely on a mission to keep losing this weight.

I have recieved a lot of positive feedback from people here at work regarding my weight loss. That really makes me feel good.

Stomach cramping today, hopefully it's just from weird eating since my schedule is so screwed up right now.

Been here at work since 2:00am. I had only left this place at 7:30pm. I'm tired and most definitely crabby. Some people here are just completely void of a brain.

I am leaving work at 10:00am today and I am going shopping for my date this Saturday and then my trip to Vegas Sun and Mon. Woohoo

Everything else, I could care less about. Well except this tummy pain. It would be just my luck that I get sick in Vegas. Grrrr

All of this overtime is making for a very tired Metro. LOL

I was sooo exhausted yesterday. After leaving at 10:00am, I went home and Matthew (grandson) was clearly still not feeling well. He was teary eyed and in pain so I took him to the doctor and he has a pretty bad ear infection. So we got him squared away with some antibiotics and motrin and then I was off to get some stuff for my trip. Stopped at the boyfriends house to take him some lunch. My boys were with me so he had my son put together this storage ottomon thing and decided to lay back on his bed to rest and ended up passing out. I felt like a narcaleptic yesterday. As soon as I was still long enough to rest, I was falling asleep.

Can I just say that I despise swimsuit shopping....Ugh

I tried this really cute two piece tank-ini on yesterday. The only thing I didn't like about it was it had some built in pads but very cheaply done and one was off to the side while the other was centered in front. I tried adjusting them but it just wasn't going to work. My boobs looked great in it though. Sigh

Next one I tried on was a one piece with a built in skirt. I guess my son didn't like that one because he said I looked like a poker chip. (he said it was the pattern on the suit that made it look that way). Tried on another one, hated the way my legs looked in it. I said to my son " I have thigh meat". He just shook his head and said he didn't want to know about my huge thighs. Lmao.

So needless to say, I didn't buy a suit. I will stick with the one I already have which made me look like a 10 lb sausage stuffed in a 5 lb sack, but maybe that won't be the case now that I have lost some weight.

I haven't been to the gym for 3 days. Way too much work and finding the right balance between work and gym is proving to be a little more difficult. I'm gonna take my gym clothes with me to Vegas so I can work out early in the morning while everyone is sleeping. Will try to get an hour in today, might be kinda hard though because I am working another 11 hour day.

Mama metro,

Sorry to hear you have been so busy lately! Just remember to take of you! I don't want to hear mama metro collapsed it would probably make me go into early labor and Gabriel is not done cooking yet.

Oh no, we don't want that! Gabriel needs to keep simmering until August.

I just need to finish out the month. I'm almost done with phase 1 of my work project and then I will take a break for a week and then start phase 2. My thing is I like to make money. I like having that extra money to pay down some bills and buy what I need for my boys. Am I tired? Sure, but it won't be like this forever. This is my routine every June and July when we all get our vacation time. Everyone starts taking days off and I fill in where I can. Win win.

Ugh, being sick sucks.

Yesterday, I was feeling fine for the most part and then I started getting really cold, like shivering cold! I stayed after work to work on that project some more and the room that I work in is normally very hot and stuffy. I was freezing in there too. 80 degrees outside and I put a sweater on. Only stayed a couple hours and then went home.

Took my temp when I got home, 101.6. Went to bed and woke up 3 hours later with a temp of 102.2. I was still freezing, in all honesty I felt like I was in a snowstorm.

Made it to work today, only because I promised someone I would cover their shift and I didn't want to leave my supervisor in a bind with my not being here. Fever finally went away a little while ago but I am certainly not feeling well.

Cancelled my date with my honey tonight. That is the first date in a long time for us and I had to cancel. It's okay though, we are leaving for Vegas in the morning with two of my sons. I'm looking forward to an amazing weekend with him and my boys.

Oh and no gym in like 4 days. OT kicked my rear end and left me feeling drained. Taking my workout clothes so I can hit the gym out there while everyone is sleeping (I'm an early riser). Hope to be back in the swing of things Wednesday.

I did weigh myself today, scale showed 178.5 but I think that is nonsense. Probably because I didn't have anything to eat last night.

I miss him right now, how damn sappy is that? He and I were supposed to be having dinner, going to a concert and do a little gambling tonight. We were going with another married couple but I ended up getting sick and cancelling. I told him to go ahead and have a good time, no point in him not going.

We leave for Vegas in the morning. I'm so looking forward to spending some time with him and my boys.

I had to go buy some sunblock today so I thought I would go to this clothing store next door and look for some summer tops, Bad Bad idea. I hate my arms, my wings as I call them. I work and work and work on my arms and they still suck! Grrr.

So, I will be wearing the usual tshirts. It's a safe bet, hides my wings.

I should be getting ready for bed. I'm pretty sure I am doing the driving, again.

Vegas was good, too bad I can't lose my weight as fast as I lost my money.

The slots were unkind to me this time and Keno was worse. I don't think I have ever had the video Keno machines treat me soooo badly.

The boys had a great time though. The hotel offers bowling for 1 dollar after midnite so the boys and I bowled for the first time. Well I should clarify that it was my first time and their 2nd time. I learned a few things that night:

Bowling with acrylic nails hurts.

Your arm will feel like it's been yanked out.

Bowling shoes don't really stop you from sliding all over the place.

Yes, it is possible to drop a bowling ball on your head. (I will share that story a bit later).

Bowling is addicting, we went again the next day.

Today I am going back to the gym. I have missed a week and feel blah........I was going to work out Monday at the hotel's gym, the boyfriend got a pass for me to work out but in his drunken stupor told the guy to reserve my spot at 7:00am. Normally this would have been fine since I am an early riser but he decided to wake us all up at 3:30am with his wild drunkeness.

On a positive note, I weighed myself today to see what kind of damage I did in Vegas. Apparently I did good, the scale has me at 179 lbs.

So thats a total loss of 23 lbs.

Bowling with acrylic nails hurts.

LOL!!!!

On a positive note, I weighed myself today to see what kind of damage I did in Vegas. Apparently I did good, the scale has me at 179 lbs.

So thats a total loss of 23 lbs.

That's great!!!! I'm glad you did not get off track in Vegas.

Archived