She wants to give her apt key?

soybeanboy

We've only been out three times and been real comfortable and flirty with each other. We had a quick IM conversation earlier, and then she texted me an hour later:

"ask for my keys tomorrow! okay????" (We have our 4th date tomorrow at the zoo/sushi/friend's concert)

I don't know what to think....?? I mean, we've only met three times. What should I say/do? Should I politely deny saying we don't know each other that well or go with the flow?

o_O Personally, if I was dating a girl, I wouldn't even share my apt/house keys until we were bf/gf who trusted each other..

Just unexpected...hahaha

-Pretend she never said anything

-If she asks again, then politely decline saying I'm uncomfortable.

Sounds okay?

I wouldn't pretend she never said anything. I'd ask her what she wanted you to ask her and find out exactly what it is about her keys.

If she tries to give you her key, politely tell her that you feel it's too soon. Make sure she knows that you do see the relationship going anywhere but you know that going too fast can ruin a good thing.

I've asked a guy friend of mine and he says to go with the flow, but I'm thinking if that's just because us guys have 'sex' wired into the brain and that's all he sees.

I really do want this to go somewhere with her, she's a terrific gal but I need to figure out how to say the right thing to not kill that mood.

It's surprising because she's not one of those super flirty girl who hits on every guy she sees.

Quiet, funny, christian, smart, etc...

Note: She lives with two other college students in her apt complex, all with separate rooms

are you sure you two were speaking about the same set of keys? Maybe she meant car keys or something since you guys are headed to a concert. Or are you sure she was talking about house keys? I think that's weird she would offer them so soon, but do as the others suggested and just say you aren't ready yet.

I've asked a guy friend of mine and he says to go with the flow, but I'm thinking if that's just because us guys have 'sex' wired into the brain and that's all he sees.

I really do want this to go somewhere with her, she's a terrific gal but I need to figure out how to say the right thing to not kill that mood.

It's surprising because she's not one of those super flirty girl who hits on every guy she sees.

It's the quiet, reserved ones that want intimacy the most. I don't mean physical either.

I think the key is less a symbol of sex and more of a symbol of "we're that close". I could be wrong but that is a possibility and how I'd see it.

Note: She lives with two other college students in her apt complex, all with separate rooms

Since she lives with roommates, that's all the more reason to to not accept a key from her. I would certainly not feel comfortable if I were a roommate, and some guy let himself him, whether I was there at the time, or not.

^I assume you meant all the more reason to not accept the key.

That's exactly what I was thinking, did she even ask her housemates yet?

There was no prior text, she texted me out of the blue after our IM conversation online where we chatted randomly, nothing about tomorrow's date.

I was going to call her later to set up concrete plans.

^I assume you meant all the more reason to not accept the key.

That's exactly what I was thinking, did she even ask her housemates yet?

There was no prior text, she texted me out of the blue after our IM conversation online where we chatted randomly, nothing about tomorrow's date.

I was going to call her later to set up concrete plans.

Yes, sorry about that, I edited the post in time.

I really, really don't think she plans on giving you keys to her apartment. Her question doesn't even sound like that to me. If she wanted to give you keys, she'd give them to you not ask you to ask her for them. I think either she has a cute surprise for you tomorrow and the keys have something to do with it... or she needs you to assist her in some joke or something she's playing on someone. I sincerely do not believe she's giving you keys to her apartment.

I've met her roommates though and they love me, but I 100% agree with not being comfortable with letting myself in whether in their shoes or mine.

@Izzy: Maybe possible, this is all just so sudden from her.

I'll just pretend I didn't get her text

Hmm, but I do have to call her later to set up plans for tomorrow. What if she brings it up again? OH crapp hahaha

Archived