One Year Ago Today! It Does Get Better...

That's right, one year ago today I told my ex to leave the house after I confessed to her that I didn't trust her anymore. It was the beginning of the worst Valentines weekend ever, and the worst year of my life. But this thread isn't about my ex. This thread is not about the worst year of my life, because 99.9% of my threads on here document it to perfection. This is about healing, a new world, a new you and leaving the past behind.

This past week has been a revelation to me. Last Friday I confessed my feelings to my ex one last time, before going on a second date with a new girl. My ex returned the usual 'love you but not in love with you' kinda genericism that we're all used to on here. But I didn't feel overly upset as such at her response. I was more relieved to have finally got it all out in the open. It was like a weight was lifted from my shoulders.

So I went out on the date with an open mind, and when I saw this lovely girl come through the doors towards me and smile, my world just opened up. It was instant. We've been out on a third date since, been on the phone constantly all week and we're spending Valentine's together, casually of course! My ex has harldy come in to my mind at all.

So I'm not going to preach about moving on to anyone. I know just how so many on these boards are feeling. There isn't an emotion that I haven't felt or been through this past 12 months. I've probably cried my own body weight in tears. But I guess what I will say is that it does get better. It really does.

This new girl I'm seeing could crash at my feet, or it could be a long term thing, who knows. I'll play it as it goes. We get on really well and there's a spark there too; not to mention a fourth date this weekend!!

Onwards and upwards...

Rob

This is good news. When March rolls around, it will be one year for me as well. I'm in a bit of a hole right now, though. My parents are suffering from financial stuff so we don't know where or when we'll move. Because of this, we won't spend much money unless it's food or the bills. This is also bad news because they don't have the time and the money to help me with the school I want to go to. I don't have much friends anymore, except online... I just want to get my life together before I start dating again, you know? Who wants to date a friendless girl with no school or even a job to take up her time?

Sigh. But I guess these things will just take time and I'll have to be patient. Can't wait to have another boyfriend, though... Cause now I have all the tools I'll need to be the best girlfriend I can be!

Rob, you have been an inspiration to many on these boards, no doubt, so you deserve some happiness. Happiness comes from within, but if you can share it with someone, that is a BONUS!

I am willing to bet that the emotions that you went through were:

hoplessness

despair

"why me?"

hurt

anger

hate

emptiness

These are all natural

Its great to hear that! You toughed out a bad year, and you are starting to see the results. We hope you post less in these healing forums only because we want to see you get better! Sometimes we need a little bit of these uplifting stories because some of the other ENAers aren't doing too well.

Thank you for sharing. This really helps. I'm coming to that place of complete closure with my ex as well. Been 9 months since our breakup, but I'm finaling giving myself permission to move and and see new people. Took me awhile to really move on. This is very helpful, because I'm seeing the light at the end of the tunnell of the process. God bless you and thank you for sharing. These things seem to come in stages, and it's good to know there is a 'new beginning'...

Good to hear man, I knew you would pull through. I guess for some of us it just takes that one last connection with the ex to finally shut the door. I to am dating someone I am becoming quite fond of. I still think of the ex from time to time but the sadness has changed there is a finality to it.

Anyway, I hope things work out one way or another. Good luck...

Archived