women's seal of approval?

zzprometheuszz

Some people just want what they can’t have. Forbidden fruit is always more tempting. I know I’ve liked girls in relationships, but I have also liked girls that are single. I’m not attracted to the fact that she’s taken. I’m attracted to her and the way she makes me feel when I am with her. You just click with some people and you don’t always know why. But that doesn’t mean I act on it.

I think the stereotype is that women are picky about who they choose as their partner, men are the ones who 'get picked'.

So it doesn't apply to girls as much. Plus, men seem to be less analytical than women; like you said they are more focused on getting a girl than wondering why she's not taken already.

I would disagree with the bolded text. We're equally analytical, if anything, but perhaps in different ways.

Apparently when a man is 'taken' he is more valuable, because he has already been vetted as suitable by another woman.

I don't know how true it is, I stay away from men in relationships but I can see the logic at work.

After all - man in relationship must be good for something as he has managed to get a girlfriend. Single man - why is he single? Could have problems.

That sounds a little paranoid; I mean, for you to meet any guy for a relationship he has to be single (preferably) right? Do a lot of girls ask themselves that (why is he single?) whenever they meet a single guy they might like?

That sounds a little paranoid; I mean, for you to meet any guy for a relationship he has to be single (preferably) right? Do a lot of girls ask themselves that (why is he single?) whenever they meet a single guy they might like?

As far as I know, it's not exactly a conscious thought process, so I don't mean that women meet men and wonder why they're single. From what I've heard, it's more of an unconscious 'men who are attached become more attractive' thing - a woman might find a man who is attached more desirable but not actually realise why she thinks that.

I did read that some scientists researched this and did a study where women were asked to rate several pictures of men for attractiveness. They were told certain ones were single and certain ones were attached. Apparently, they had a high tendency to vote the attached men as more attractive. But I doubt any woman in that study would have told you it was because she thought he had a girlfriend that she found him more attractive.

Obviously in practice, lots of women don't try and poach other girl's men but I suppose for men who've had a lot of relationships, this gives them a higher desirability factor perhaps.

My theories are as such:

1. A man who's in a secure and committed relationship, is more sexually confident. He knows if he strikes out, he's got a fall back plan.
  2. Women who find taken men more attractive, have insecurity issues where they're looking to win the "prize" or "trophy", by competing with other women. I'd be really careful with women like this, since they're less likely to be capable of a drama-free relationship.

Archived