Do you honestly believe that your ex will come back?

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

honestly, i still hope that my ex will come back one day. I believe in my heart that what we had together was really good and I know that he knows it too. I honestly think that our relationship ending came down to timing. He wasn't ready for a serious commitment (he had broken off a 5 year/engagement not even 6 months before we meant) or he was scared of getting that close to someone again. Whatever it was, we have started trying to be friends recently and I hope that one day the timing will be good for both of us. Meanwhile, I'm not sitting around waiting for him to come back. If I were to meet a great guy today I would certainly not pass him up because I want my ex back. The way I see it, I still love my ex....I just love him from a distance now

• 2 months later...

I have a thought inside that she will, I mean she's told me she isn't, but its only been a week and she gets really upset every year this time (there actually is a reason for this but I don't think I should elaborate online) last year she took alot of it out on me and even though we didn't break up, she put me through an emotional hell, and apologized later in the year when she realized what she did this year she started to get upset again, and I'd ask her what it was and she'd mention the reason or problems with her parents or such, and now she's telling me that I was making her upset and blamming me for everything, yeah I didn't treat her well for a bit when I was busy and stressed, but the way she is acting towards me really reminds me of last year, the only thing is, if thats the case I'm going to have to really work with her to make sure it doesn't happen again year after year

Sucks, doesn't it? I am confident my ex will come back even though she is the same type. I don't know about your ex, but mine is also known to bury down and ignoring feelings to do so ... and eventually they came out. Lots of stuff she buried down came out while we were together - not about us, but other things in her life. She'll think about it months or a year from now and it will really hit her.

mine is the exact same way, and this is how i will believe it will happen also.

Im in same position! She is very stubborn and always keeps her feeling inside! My only reason she finished me is that she wanted to be alone, there must be more to it than that but anyway i believe what we had was to special to be gone for good! We were together almost 6years! We split just over a month ago abdnive been nc for 2weeks! Im thinking of contacting her this weekend as im 99% sure she wont contact me even if she wanted 2!

What do you think?

Im in same position! She is very stubborn and always keeps her feeling inside! My only reason she finished me is that she wanted to be alone, there must be more to it than that but anyway i believe what we had was to special to be gone for good! We were together almost 6years! We split just over a month ago abdnive been nc for 2weeks! Im thinking of contacting her this weekend as im 99% sure she wont contact me even if she wanted 2!

What do you think?

Same thing! I feel like texting him a message to see if he'd want to hang out, nothing serious, but I'm afraid that one little message will push him away even further

it has been about 1 month mostly NC now.

^^ I'd also be curious to hear some advice on how long the dumpee should wait to reinitiate friendly contact.

They dumped you and you are looking for ways to reinitiate contact? Child please....

The answer to your question: When you are completely over it and have no desire to get them back.

do i think the ex will come back?? nah

coming up six weeks since 'split' (well argument and him ignoring me) and 12 days since i sent email saying i couldnt be friends cos of my feelings and that i was going in NC.

he will respect my NC but even if he didnt, hes got a super dooper job now, hes moved on. my life seems to be stuck jus as i thought i was getting somewhere

im not gunna break NC cos i know i cant be friends, and i doubt ever, and so there ya have it...game over

Somedays I am 100% convinced that my ex is going to realize that he made a mistake and come back. Other days I am 100% convinced that I will never see him again.

I know that there is no point in thinking this way really, because any little thing that happens in his life may have an effect the outcome. There is no way to know what might go on to make him change his mind one way or the other, either today or months from now.

Right now I am in the mindset that he will come back to me though.

Isn't it exciting though? Sometimes I am smiling ear to ear at how exciting life can be when we stop trying to predict what will happen and just accept that anything can and will happen.

2 months ago I thought I'd be sat at home on my couch with my gf watching a film or just doing whatever we normally do. Now I am at my mum's sat on the couch reading break-up forums.

I don't have much faith that my ex will come back when I think about it logically but when I let my emotions get carried away I believe all sorts of things.

Sometimes I like to think of this fairy tale scenario where we both go our separate ways and learn some vital lessons.Years later we meet up and fall in love all over again...but this time it lasts.

KVB...some of the ex-back books say wait 3 months. As long as there wasn't infidelity on your part or really horrible abuse..you gotta shot. I'm at about a month of NC.

Does this mean 3 months NC or 3 months after split? Its been nearly 5 weeks since split and i was NC for 16 days until this sat when i bumped into her in a club and basically spilled my heart out to her! (needless to say didnt get me very far!)

So are you saying wait 3 months from now before contacting her?

Thanks

At this point, I don't. But you never know I guess. At this point I've accepted both possible outcomes, and if nothing else am thankful for the year plus that was shared. Of course this wouldn't be posted here if I wouldn't be happy with that outcome If it doesn't, at least the path to inner happiness has been lit.

One day I think she will for sure... Others I'm positive she's already moved on... It's almost as if I know she's too strong to give it another shot... She keeps saying "my head is just telling me this is right thing to do.." but also saying "I'm still thinking about it..." so who knows... I just wish I could have the chance to prove to her that I know what my mistakes were and that I can be better to her than ever... Just sucks that there's no way to let her know that...

• 1 month later...

I don't think it should matter.

If they come back then that's great, deal with that IF that time comes. If not move on, lead a happier life.

As for my ex? I really don't know. I get this weird gut feeling that he will come back but I don't even know if I want him back anymore. I know for a fact that he regrets his decision and does still think of me. After the brief period of time that we did speak after the break up he said several times that he wasn't over it. My question is- If you aren't over it then why would you break up in the first place?

and yay for bringing back this thread from the dead lol

I agree that it shouldn't matter...but that doesn't stop us from thinking about it. I've gotten to the point where I've given up on trying to figure out whether or not he'll come back, but I do have a bit of hope that he will. Haven't quite let go completely...We only dated for 2.5 months where everything was fine and then he suddenly ended it. It could just be that he wasn't that interested but it wouldn't have hurt as bad if he didn't get my hopes up by going so strong in the beginning, calling me his gf and introducing me to everyone. I think the reason why I still hold on to some tiny hope is that it was never bad, and I genuinely had fun while I was with him. It seemed like he did too but guess not. A couple of my friends who work with him told me he lingers around them trying to prolong conversations but acts a bit awkward/uncomfortable. Guess he feels guilty...... not my problem!

Archived