Why is every girl I find myself falling for have a mental disorder?

Revolution

I don't know how to deal with this. every girl I approach who is nearly 100% my type, always has some form of mental disorder, almost always Borderline Personality Disorder. She'll like the same type of music, appreciate my intellect, and will have similiar interests, even be my physical ideal...but she'll be a BPD girl.

why does this always happen to me? I get sick of it, I want to find a girl who can instill those exact feelings into me, but without her being a BPD case (or not displaying the symptoms)

Is there something I'm doing wrong? is it all me? why does this always happen, that every female I meet and am REALLY attracted to has a mental disorder? I know you don't know, but maybe you guys have some insights. thanks.

maybe you have BPD?? just kidding. I had this same problem. all my ex's were either OCD,co-dependant,bi-polar or something else. I just assumed I attracted weird guys. don't think u can do much unless you start going for other types of girls. It could just be that you find something in the BPD traits attractive and don't know it. or it's just a serious coincidence.

Not to worry. I am much older and am asked myself the same question in the past. My problem is that I trust too much and try to believe in what people tell me.....even when their tales are a bit out of their imaginary life. I liked the movie A Beautiful Mind. BiPolar's are excellent actors and actress to get what they want.

I'm Bipolar and I wouldn't date someone who was untreated. Treated, yeah sure. But there are too many cases of untreated mental illness out there.

I think you should start asking yourself what attracts these women to you, and if you don't want to date these types of women, change that aspect about yourself.

I don't know how to deal with this. every girl I approach who is nearly 100% my type, always has some form of mental disorder, almost always Borderline Personality Disorder. She'll like the same type of music, appreciate my intellect, and will have similiar interests, even be my physical ideal...but she'll be a BPD girl.

why does this always happen to me? I get sick of it, I want to find a girl who can instill those exact feelings into me, but without her being a BPD case (or not displaying the symptoms)

Is there something I'm doing wrong? is it all me? why does this always happen, that every female I meet and am REALLY attracted to has a mental disorder? I know you don't know, but maybe you guys have some insights. thanks.

I honestly don't know.

I have the exact same problem.

In fact, my first real girlfriend (the one that was more messed up than any of the rest, who emotionally abused me) is now practically homeless, and still just the same.

Some type of personalities just attract the wrong types. Almost every girlfriend I have had has clearly had a disorder, or multiple disorder. I know for a fact one was Bi-Polar (her mom was diagnosed with it too), and a majority of my ex-gf's had been raped.

I have no idea why, but something about my intelligent, open personality attracts girls who have been the victim of rape. Often within the first days of meeting a girl, I will hear her blurt out her past and how she was raped. Almost ALL of my ex-girlfriends or ex-flames were raped in their life if not sexually abused or neglected as children.

I've only ever dated ONE healthy girl, and she was the one who lied to me, saying she was 21 when she was actually 17. She also had the exact opposite religion as me, which we ignored until her muslim parents forbid her to date me. (This was before I figured out she was 17, and her parents thought I was 17-18...I didnt know that either, lol).

If you find the answer, please tell me!

The only thing I can think of is this: Girls with disorders (which cause them to be lonely bc they scare off men) painful pasts, or things that make them crazy all have a high need and desire for a deep, intimate relationship. Because of this, they want a serious relationship, and thus are attracted to things like intelligence, depth, warmth, genuine honesty, and a guy that can make them feel a certain way.

All the non-messed up girls are LESS attracted to these things, because tehy do not want to settle down yet and instead enjoy "playing the field", "playing the game" or for whatever reason are more attracted to shallow traits that are more likely to conclude with a TEMPORARY relationship that is FUN as opposed to traits which appear less attractive because they foreshadow a long-lasting serious relationship that is full of LOVE.

Well, I'm schizotypal, bipolar, know a lot of people with simmilar problems...

But I suspect that these girls might have been interested to get rid of you as soon as possible and therefore behave and/or say something about a possible illness...

One would have to be an extremely intelligent, manipulative, and skilled individual to mimic a definite type of mental disorder to one that is actually educated in the matter.

My entire family are psychologists, as am I, and over the years I have gotten a very good feel for when a girl has a serious disorder over when she is faking it.

The biggest example would be that a girl who is faking a disorder is more likely to admit to having the disorder. They will think "The faster the guy believes i am bi-polar, the faster this ends." so they will probably admit it with a smile, hoping that seals the deal.

People who ACTUALLY have a disorder will be a lot more likely to deny they have this disorder and deny the disorder's tendencies. There is a higher chance they will say "No I'm not the crazy one, YOU are the one with issues!!!"

They will always have a higher sensitivity rate and thus be more aggressive in denying any allegations that they are the one with the problem.

The clearest example that they truly do have a disorder is when it is quite clear that their view of what is "Normal" is skewed. Their disorder has shaped their entire life, so their version of normal will often be different from what is truly normal. This helps to explain why they're more likely to say "I don't have a problem. YOU'RE the one who is [different]!"

I'm in the same boat as a few of you.

I too am trying to figure out why the ladies I've been involved with have had some personality/mental issues that fall outside of the realm of what "normal".

I feel that these girls are generally attracted to me because they admire some of my character traits and stability. I do have a lot of compassion for helping people in general.

Even my name means healer in greek. lol. I'm fairly emotionaly mature for my age, and that tends to draw out many girls with "daddy issues".

I generally feel an attraction to these girls because they are usually very creative, mysterious, spontaneous, and generally interesting for some reason.

Archived