For ENA moms and moms-to-be!!

arwen

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm officially 6 weeks and 4 days today..morning sickness has entered my life and looks like it isn't going anywhere! I thought I was lucky..last monday my doctor told me if I didn't have it by now, that I probably wouldn't get it..hahaa..fat chance. I haven't thrown up yet from being quesy..but I get SO nauseous that i'm surprised I haven't!

oh and the toilet and I are best friends, I'm urinating more than I ever have in my whole life.

I had about every symptom in the book besides puking. Thank god. I was nauseous throughout the day, but nothing too terrible. And peeing is none stop still, Im 12 weeks now and my dr told me the peeing only gets worse - haha. Wonderful!

Anyway, hang in there. The weeks will fly by, I feel like I was just 6 weeks ago yesterday!

In fact the peeing got 'better', like most things got better, in the 2nd trimester. In the 1st, the uterus is still 'down', it will start rising (lol) after week 12, and until you really start to get big (and a bit depending on how high you carry), the constant need for the bathroom decreases.

But now that I am almost 30 weeks (btw omg for that), I have to go the moment I stand up. It's VERY annoying and much worse than in the beginning.

In fact the peeing got 'better', like most things got better, in the 2nd trimester. In the 1st, the uterus is still 'down', it will start rising (lol) after week 12, and until you really start to get big (and a bit depending on how high you carry), the constant need for the bathroom decreases.

But now that I am almost 30 weeks (btw omg for that), I have to go the moment I stand up. It's VERY annoying and much worse than in the beginning.

Just wait a few more weeks. Everytime you cough or sneeze, you'll either wet yourself or have to go pee NOW! lol

I have to admit I dont miss being pregnant!

I had another ultrasound today..saw the my little 'blueberry' wiggling around in there..I was shocked..it was so little but so active..I can't believe it..it's finally setting in..I have a little baby growing inside me..I go back on December 28th for another ultrasound and follow up visit.

My due date is July 21st..but he said it's probably going to be after that since he thinks I ovulated late.

glad to see everyone is doing ok, We had a great trip to scotland and I didn't get too tired or exhausted. Everyone was really sweet, waiting for me when I was really slow walking up the steep streets and taking turns to sit with me when I needed a rest.

Phoned my midwife provider yesterday and they first tried to deny ever getting a message to call me back then found it was written in the book to call me back asap. They were full of excuses such as 'well sometimes the name gets written down wrong' or 'we dont have a contact number' none of these were valid and they just couldn't say why it hadn't occurred to someone to call me. DH is calling his doctors today to get me a appt with new midwife. I also had a bit of rant at the midwife asking when she planned on getting me to see the consultant she said she would weeks ago (I had procedure done on my cervix earlier this year and need to be under a consultant), and she said 'oh yeah i didn't realise, we'll get you appt for next week' .........i was incredulous, I said its a good job nothing serious had happened yet and that their level of care is abismal.

Now I know midwives can get overstretched and are very busy ladies but Im dont feel like Im asking for much.

Dangletsbang - ahhh i remember the early days of peeing like a racehorse lol. It does get better when the uterus pops out and isn't pressing on your bladder so much, but then you have the joys of your baby kicking you in the bladder which is highly amusing lol

Yeah, I finally started puking this morning..my doctor called me in some phenergan[sp?]..I can't pick it up until after work though.

The pheneregan worked really well for me, as I puked through my entire pregnancy...all 9 months! But it does make you sleepy. When I was at work and really nauseaous, I would cut the pills in half and take half a pill at a time, that way I didnt get so sleepy.

Also, Hope used another drug, and I cannot think of the name of it. I will check my older threads and let you know. It only worked for me in IV form, but it worked really well for her and I dont think it makes you sleepy. I will check now.

Just wait a few more weeks. Everytime you cough or sneeze, you'll either wet yourself or have to go pee NOW! lol

I have to admit I dont miss being pregnant!

Oh I did too... I peed myself when I sneezed and I peed on my couch once sneezing too.

It took awhile after birth to get those pelvic floor muscles back in shape!

The pheneregan worked really well for me, as I puked through my entire pregnancy...all 9 months! But it does make you sleepy. When I was at work and really nauseaous, I would cut the pills in half and take half a pill at a time, that way I didnt get so sleepy.

Also, Hope used another drug, and I cannot think of the name of it. I will check my older threads and let you know. It only worked for me in IV form, but it worked really well for her and I dont think it makes you sleepy. I will check now.

Zofran worked ok for me but it is constipating so I really only used it when I was desperate.

I also tried in no particular order:

mint hard candies

sour candies

ginger everything, candies, tea, cookies

dry carbs first thing like crackers before getting out of bed, and ginger ale of course

mint tea

Nothing really helped me, I just had to kind of go through it. It lasted until about 16-17 weeks and then finally went away. It's different for everyone though, hope yours is short lived!

Just lurking the thread. Congrats to all who are expecting!!

I can't wait until I get to have babies! I want twins! (Fat chance!! LOL) Lol. I think I have a bit of baby fever (since been thinking about babies a lot), but hopefully it goes away since I know I'm nowhere ready to have kids.

Good luck to everyone!

Lol, I used to think I wanted twins... I'm now glad I don't. My Son is enough! I'll defently be waiting until he's nappy trained, and sleeping through the night before I even think of having another.

I don't miss being pregnant. Well sometimes I do. I miss having to only pick up my coat and bag, to go out. Now I have to get my coat my bag, my sons nappy bag, make sure its packed, spare clothes (incase his exploding bum, or wee sprays everywhere) My son, a coat, the pram, car seat, pram cover... Bottles, formula, breatmilk, freezer bag, bleh bleh

I dont miss needing the toilet several times a night, feeling hungey ALL the time. Not being able to carry things myself.

=D

Lol, I used to think I wanted twins... I'm now glad I don't. My Son is enough! I'll defently be waiting until he's nappy trained, and sleeping through the night before I even think of having another.

I don't miss being pregnant. Well sometimes I do. I miss having to only pick up my coat and bag, to go out. Now I have to get my coat my bag, my sons nappy bag, make sure its packed, spare clothes (incase his exploding bum, or wee sprays everywhere) My son, a coat, the pram, car seat, pram cover... Bottles, formula, breatmilk, freezer bag, bleh bleh

I dont miss needing the toilet several times a night, feeling hungey ALL the time. Not being able to carry things myself.

=D

haha!! The only thing I absolutely LOVEDDD about being pregnant, other than the baby of course, was that everyone wanted to do stuff for you. It was weird for me at first, as I sooo mega independent, but after a while it was awesome!! People gave up their good seats for me. On a couple of different occasions I had guys at wal-mart, shoppers no less, push the cart out for me and load my groceries!! I thought that was just sooo cool!! lol People always try to feed you and bring you something to drink. Oh man, it was great to be waited on hand and foot. I admit, I soaked it up while I could, because for the next 20 years or so, I will be the one waiting on someone hand and foot. lol

I used to think I'd love that too... but now that I have one baby kicking around in my belly, and the hormones related to one baby floating around making me a nauseated, emotional monster... ehm... not that I wouldn't be elated when I'd expect twins...

but ONE is GREAT for now!

I think I do have a chance of conceiving twins- my sister was in fact a twin of the kind that is hereditary (two eggs, the non-identical kind of twins). The other died early though ('vanishing twin', the miscarriage of one embryo). My mom never knew. Just that she lost blood and that my sis was still there

Hey TD - Im doing allright - trying to not let myself get too depressed on bed rest. I've got a few days over one month to go until my due date and I remember about a month or two ago feeling huge - I haven't felt like I've grown that much since then honestly and said something along those lines to my hubby and he was like.. uhm no, I don't tell you cause I don't want to upset you - but you growing! lol

My BP has gotten alot better being on bedrest so my doc said I could go shopping - IF I use a motor cart - embarassing (and you can't see my precious belly as good when Im sitting!). I'm excited to go out to Walmart and/or Target this weekend to get some of the final things I need for the baby.

I start getting 'checked' on Monday and am excited to see what my cervix is up to, lol. I've had some cramping and pain down there so I hope Im somewhat effaced/dilated and baby is in position.

TD - I can't wait to feel HUGE haha. Right now I just have a little baby bump but its not noticeable yet to other people, boo!

Everything is good here, have my Dr appt tomorrow & I can't wait. I hope he trys to listen to the heartbeat. Who knows he might even give me an ultrasound, my Dr is awesome!

TD - I can't wait to feel HUGE haha. Right now I just have a little baby bump but its not noticeable yet to other people, boo!

Everything is good here, have my Dr appt tomorrow & I can't wait. I hope he trys to listen to the heartbeat. Who knows he might even give me an ultrasound, my Dr is awesome!

Ac, have you see your little one yet?

My doctor hands out ultrasounds like candy..he said I would have one at every appointment. I've had two so far..and i'm 7 weeks. I can't wait to hear the heart beat though!

Archived