yeawutever

How long is the average time it took you to become exclusive  

11 members have voted

1. 1. How long is the average time it took you to become exclusive

• a month or lesssss.... that was fast.... and quick
    • many years of friendship, puppy love that later become love
    • 1 year or a bit more, had to know him/her a lot better
    • It would depend for me, I don't want to delay too much nor be too quick

Meaning 3 weeks of meeting them and hanging out with him/her and the next day they asked you out thus becoming exclusive (the start of a long term relationship). That's how it was in my case.

So would that be too short? What's the average time it took for all of you who are in a relationship to finally become boyfriend and girlfriend.

I heard for some it takes friends of friendship to later on become into relationship category (esp. those who met during childhood, adolescence or were in high school), others that take a 1 year or so as well as those that only took few weeks...

There's still alot of secrets and things you would not know about the person.

But like anyone.

Even a long time best friend can change when tagged as being in a relationship situation sadly.

In my last realtionship things moved very fast and if I didn't do anything she would have moved on so I was pressured despite being not ready.

The relationship escalated very fast and came crashing down with such force that the pain of the impact still leaves me sleepless.

It took me 3 months starting right from friends to a relationship. I don't remember going on dates with her while we were friends, but we talked a lot in school and on the phone and met together with a bunch of friends.

I knew a girl who went into a relationship within 2 weeks, so that beats you.. hehe She came out of that relationship pretty quickly too!

My girlfriend and I met not more than 2 1/2 weeks ago. I asked her to be my girlfriend today, after our 4th date the other night (and being in each others' company for 3 days straight). However, it's still a title. It's the quality of the relationship that's important. For me especially, having not had a girlfriend before, it will be a huge learning experience.

We met on the 10th of this month, went out the following Thursday (the 17th) for the first date.

My boyfriend and I became exclusive after about 5 weeks. We had gone on more dates than I could count at that point (seeing each other about twice a week). I was a bit worried that it was too fast, but honestly at that point it was just putting a label on something that was already there - we were already a couple, already seeing each other exclusively, etc.

Archived