Post here instead of contacting your ex!

I have to say I'm truly confused as to who you are! And I don't have any gut as to whether you'll come back or not. It must be not because you have said that you feel that we grew apart for 'a reason'. Am I going to meet someone much better? Is that the reason? Did you dream that we would produce the next Hitler? I feel that the real reason must he that you have met someone else. You said that we had a long and happy relationship & I can't believe you'd walk away unless there was someone else.

It really hurts because I like to think that I am pretty good at interpreting behaviour but I'm confused by yours. This makes me doubt me and it makes me feel scared and betrayed: I believed you loved me. I childishly believed that you would love me in the same way I loved you. I never in a million years believed honestly you would end what we had and it still feels like a nightmare. I just don't know how I can realistically trust again. I'm trying to grow from this but a part of me catches because I don't know who you were. I think you were a lie.

I still dream about you. And I dream about your messed up family. I hope you stop running one day. I love you & I don't know why. I wish I didn't xx

I just realized just now that I was the wrong one. I was in denial. I thought we were still together. You were just dating another guy recently, and I got jealous, even though we broke up almost half a year ago. I am deeply sorry. I really was just thinking we were still together for some reason. Thinking back at what happened a couple weeks ago, I was definitely the wrong person. I am deeply sorry and I hope you read this. You don't have to reply to this. I am just saying this because it finally came to me. I was in denial, period. I was still living in the past. I thought you were cheating on me, even though, in reality, we weren't even together when you broke the news to me. Wow. So sorry. I hope you forgive me. Good luck in your future! I still miss you heaps. But yeah, no hatred here. Just clearing things up and I'm finally getting the picture. Really was a hiccup on my part right there. Good vibes to both of you.

I didn't feel like I had a choice...you've been so silent. Can you tell me what happened to you a few weeks ago? I'm still stunned...I really feel like you should have said something. We had so many hopes, were they all for nothing?

I hope you don't think that I consider this over...it's not over in my heart. It didn't have to even come to this...you could have had me entirely. I still love you, but I didn't know what else to do. Why did you disappear?

I just checked your facebook page, even though I swore to myself I wouldn't. I guess I have been thinking about it for a couple of days. the resistance was too great.

You were never there for me in the relationship, only being there for yourself. Too selfish to make time for me..too worried about your own problems.

The time I did spend with you was great, when you weren't completely depressed, and I miss talking to you on the phone, because you were also my friend.

I miss my friend. I miss when we would meet up and it felt so sweet to touch you. I miss your energy. I love you.

I see you online, and want it to say hi but I'm scared. Because I know you won't reply and log out instead, hence I will be hurt more. So I rather sit here and think of you.

Recently I stop hoping, I know there is no way you would come back to me. But I still love you and miss you.

You may have a boy friend now, who can be there to take care of you, give you a hand when you need.

I'm hopeless. what my life would be without you.

Why did you come over and visit me in my driveway this afternoon because you "heard my car running?" And WHY oh WHY the f--- did you move out of our apartment and into the APARTMENT BUILDING RIGHT NEXT DOOR?!? Do you know what that does to me to know that only two walls separate each other right now and I cannot even touch you?

By the way, I know you're aiming to be with M. Your best "gal pal." I guess I knew she would be my replacement as soon as you got rid of me. In fact, I should have broken up with you the FIRST time you told me you had feelings for her. Though you'd always tell me she was "like your sister." I guess you're really into incest? That's gross, J. I hope the two of you are having fun.... I'm sure everyone in town is just thrilled to pieces that you two are probably going to end up together. It's like one, big, disgusting happy family of co-dependent, alcoholic bartenders. I cannot believe that you'd be able to replace WHAT WE HAD with HER. She's an idiot. But, I guess you are, too, so maybe it's a match made in heaven. I sit here alone, unable to sleep, while you get everything you want and it's not fair. I cannot believe you didn't value what we had at all. I cannot believe you are moving out of this beautiful apartment we shared together for a life of drinking and lowest common denominator b-s.

What we had was REAL. It was REAL intimacy and amazing love. And you gave it all up. Cut the cord. For what?? For more of the same-old, same-old? Because your BROTHER coached this entire break-up? Because he TOLD you to dump me? And acting all heartbroken at the time... acting like a mess, growing a beard -- is that all attention-seeking histrionics? You're a great actor. Cause apparently, you "pretended" to love me, too, right? WRONG. You DID love me. You still do. I don't understand what kind of person can just FLIP a switch like you can. You have broken my heart, probably permanently. I don't know how I can ever love or trust someone ever again after this. After I gave you so many chances. After you said you couldn't live without me. I believed you. I still believe you. I just don't know who you are anymore. The person I knew was beautiful. The person you are now.... well, it just breaks my heart to even think of what he's becoming.

This quote from a poster here named Javabear is particularly apt, J:

"That’s what love is… it knows the little things. It’s not butterflies or bashful giggles or dressing to impress. Love is sweatpants and Sundays spent watching Animal Planet. Love is remembering to leave out the mushrooms because we both hate how they taste. I was in love with you."

Hi,

I screwed up today, what is wrong with me. Achh. I was doing so well, neh, I'm coping and hoping like everyone else. Today was nice. Mid 70's, slight breeze and it was great. So I told myself I would go watch spend the day watching movies and just being all about me. I didn't realize or maybe I did, that was I was duplicating our weekends together. You know - where we drove to wherever, got a nice room and then spent the day watching movies, usually two and then drifting through old shops, bookstores and tiny eateries.

I was in the middle of all that when I spotted those goofy toys you loved so much - guess what? I found the mother lode. We usually found one or two in sketchy shape but all these were pristine and cheap. The sales lady almost gave them to me. God it crushed me. I smiled bravely and told her no thanks, she got huffy and left me alone. lol. Guess I have that way about me.

As I left the aroma of pizza greeted me. I flashed back to our mocking argument on who had the best pizza - you always banged and harped about your upstate New York something and I would mock you by saying Walmart pizza was the same thing. Maybe I should've told you then but it used to be so cute when you got that pissed. Yeah, I should've but it was cute and funny to watch. We would sample a pie and you would do your critical taste test and I would pretend to be bored. I really miss that and I will never experience it again. God that is so sad.

Honestly I don't remember the movie as I sat in the cold darkness, why is the A/C so cranked up??, and thought of you.. of us. It was wasn't so bad, I think I'm basically healed now. The pain is brief but goes fast. Your memory has all but disappeared, I see your shape more than your features. So now I don't what the future holds. Reminds me of my last day in the military, everybody had plans to party hard and then deployment orders happened. I spent my last day loading the guys out and nobody remembered I was leaving. It was okay, I wasn't big on farewells but I wish I had said goodbye properly. Such is the life.

Feel a little better. Going to make something with my hands and let time slide between us. I'm almost there. Almost. Thank god.

I had several dreams about you last night, which were annoying as usual. You're more and more on my mind as I approach the year mark since the BU. In one of the dreams, you moved in next door to me but still refused to make eye contact or talk to me. It drove me mad. I wanted to shake you and ask what was wrong with you and why you couldn't act like a human.

Some things never change, I guess.

Sundays hurt the most: I can't distract myself all the time and Sundays seem like a natural low I'm feeling sad and remorseful. I find it hard to check myself and remind myself that I too am human. I'm so disappointed by what's happened. I don't even know what to write. I keep forgetting that you're not my bestfriend and you don't care. I don't feel like fighting it tonight. I just don't understand you. I miss you so much & I feel pathetic for it.

I'm so confused by the interactions I've had with your aunt recently. It's not that they've been that significant; I'm confused that they've happened at all. I have not heard a word from you in over ten months, yet she sent me that very kind message. I don't understand. What are you thinking? What are you telling people? What is going on in your head?

I know that, during our breakup years ago, you said that you didn't contact me because you wanted me to hate you, because you thought I was better off without you in my life - that you were "saving" me from a lifetime spent with you. Is that what's going on now? Are you staying away because you think it's best for me?

Or do you really hate me? Do you really want nothing to do with me?

I really thought you had been telling people terrible things about me these past months. I really thought you were directing your anger and all of the blame on me. But, if that's the case, why would your aunt - to whom you're very close - be so kind to me?

I don't understand any of it. This is so frustrating.

I accidentally saw you unblocked me on Facebook. Does it mean you don't care about me anymore, or that you're preparing yourself to approach me again? *sigh* I need to stop over-analyzing things, it's probably nothing. It may be just wishful thinking, but I wish you even tried to talk to me, made me feel I'm worth something to you. To make one thing clear, I'm not going to be the one who talks to you. We broke up because you couldn't tell me when something about me bothered you. I still can't take the blame for something I don't know. You need to learn to do such things before we can have a future together.

If you decide to talk to me, I'll listen to you... but I can't promise anything. It's not a matter of spite or pride, but I'm not sure getting back together would be too wise at this point.

I'm still really hurting and I wish I wasn't. I just don't understand the concept that something so familiar can just go. I hate having flashbacks to our relationship. Sometimes I actually feel like I'm there with you. Then I realise everything has changed. It's just really painful. I miss you more than anything and it hurts to know you just don't want me. I have to back to our home city for a few days. I thought I would look forward to it but I'm not. I really don't want to go. It feels like only yesterday since we broke up and I don't know how I'll cope. I'm so hurt. It's times like these when I just feel like nothing. I just don't understand how you could stay with me for all those years and tell me you loved me but as soon as things looked serious run. I didn't expect it from you. I just don't understand how you could reject me. I really wish you hadn't been such a coward about things. I want to stop crying about this. I want to hate you but instead I just miss you

I miss you so much! Too bad you blocked me on everything and don't want to talk to me anymore. Time will heal the wounds and I hope we can stay friends in the future. I don't know about getting back together at all anymore though, after what you've done to me. We'll see. I still have that soft spot for you. But I need to move on from all this. I'm sorry I treated you badly as you told me I was abusive. I feel like a villain now. Thanks for telling me that as you took off. I feel abandoned, and now I'm also taking all the blame. It's as if all the bad things of our past relationship was from me. Just as a new guy comes, you jump ships. That's really messed up, you know?