Post here instead of contacting your ex!

I'm happy. I'm ok. I miss you, and I would love to be your best friend again...but I understand why that just isn't possible right now. I know you miss me (you wouldn't have prank called me twice and texted me if you didn't) but I get why this is the way it is. The best thing I can do is move on with life. Finally, after almost three months...I am ok. I AM happy

Hey,

I just wanted to try and sort some things out between us because this not talking to you is becoming really hard for me.

I know that the amount of time we've spent apart is quite short in terms of "real time" but these last 2.5 - 3 weeks have been brutal for me. If i didnt know better, I'd have to guess that its been more like a month or more since I've seen or spoken to you because of how horribly long this has dragged out for me.. This is a very long time to be out of touch with the person you love, and made even worse by the fact that its giving us no sense of what the other person is feeling about anything right now.. at least that's how its affecting me.

I want to tell you that I miss you, honestly, more than anything right now, and i'm really having a tough time not knowing if this feeling of loss and the feeling that something important is missing from my life, is exclusive to myself, or if you are in any way feeling the same way since I left. Because the way i've been feeling has been so amazingly bad that I simply cannot go without contacting you again.

I really need you to know that I love you, just as much now as I ever did, and I know that things are tough for you, right now especially, but I just really need you to know and understand that I do. That being said, I'm also aware that this alone cannot fix the things that you have to work through, but I really wish that you could look at it as a resource to be used for support and strength, rather than something that you feel is holding you back.

I've told you before, I wouldnt have been with you unless I was there by choice. It was a conscious choice I made in the beginning to accept your past and present troubles as part of the whole package that you are. I was warned of these things from others and told that I shouldnt get involved with you because of them, but because I felt so strongly about you I couldnt let such an amazing person slip through my fingers. I realized from the beginning that things might get rough, but as I'm sure you can recall, I put in as much time and work as i could to get you, and I dont regret a second of it.

During our time together, I have seen you have such great improvement in dealing with issues and problems in your life, and I've been told by many of the important people in your life, including yourself, that you're much happier since we've been together. Also, I've said it before, and I still mean it, you have made me happier than anyone i've ever met in my life, this is totally truth.

I know that because of my not fully understanding the extent of the situation you were previously dealing with, that there were times that things were trying for both of us, often due to mis-interpretation problems or some other issue, but I still say that with a firm grasp on the situation as I do now, I think that we could carry forward and continue this amazing relationship that we started together.

Since we've been together I have not regretted a moment with you, I feel more connected to you than anyone else i've ever met, and I really just want to be there with you and help you to strive overcome all that life throws at you. I cannot imagine losing you, and until this happened, I was under the impression that the feeling was mutual.. that there was a bond between us that we both could depend on each other to be there and help the other smash through whatever stood in our way..

I want you back in my life, thats pretty much as plainly as i can say what i'm feeling here. I honestly think that us not living together might be for the best, and I'm definitely willing and able to try and use this step backward with things to try to make it work from here, if you are willing to try too. I dont want to just throw away the last year of our lives for nothing..

My aunt died this weekend.

I got the news while I was with the new girl. Only having been on a few dates with her, she showed me such a soft and compassionate side that I never saw in you. She held me after I got off the phone, and held me for the rest of the night on the couch.

If I still knew you and were with you, I would have gotten much less.

Thanks for leaving and letting me find someone with a heart.

Ugh, I dreamt about you last night. First time in months. We were back together and my mum was so happy. She always liked you.

A minor setback. You'll be nothing but a foggy memory soon enough.

I still can't believe we ended so badly. It hurts so much that we don't exist in each others lives anymore. After everything, all those years, all those plans. For a while it was amazing. I'm so sorry for everything I did wrong. I hope you are sorry too.

you still sneak your way into my everyday thoughts. and i hate that. the only relief that I get is that maybe every once in a while you think about me and feel sick in the stomach. in a way I do hope that you are happy. I would like to stop trying to rush my grieving. it is normal to be sad after a breakup. but i feel like im missing out on life every time i am stressing off of you. WHY DID YOU DO THIS. Im moving on though. not because I want to. But I have to. I have to let you go. But this is truly the most difficult thing Ive ever faced in my life EVER Im not done venting about this... there will be more ...i just hope that my true love will someone that i can find soon or at least someone who is going through the same thing and i can find someone just to lean on.

iBroken, I'm so sorry about your aunt. May she rest in peace. And it's good to know that the 'new girl' is so supportive of you.

Dear ex,

I want you in my life again. The times we just clicked, completed each other's sentences, had fun watching The Office while eating pizza. But the romantic aspect will be gone and I'm not sure if I can handle that. Maybe that's odd to say over 8 months since our split, but it's true. I still can't deal with un-blocking you on Facebook. I'm too worried that my heart will drop if I see you with someone new.

Maybe it's a good thing that things have stalled with the 'new guy' in my life. He's not over our mutual friend and it sucks, but maybe all this 'happens for a reason'. Maybe this 'opportunity' enables me to heal from you...and I mean truly heal, instead of reminiscing about our good times and wanting our romance back. I still do love you, though...I don't know if that's possible to ward off. I want you to be happy and healthy, especially now that it's a new year.

I don't talk to you for awhile, and you want to talk...I know this is because you're afraid I'll forget you (I won't, by the way). Once you talk to me and realize I still have feelings for you, we don't talk for awhile.

Funny enough, that's ok with me now. I just like having you in my life once in a while. I'm not broken anymore. Everyone says I seem so much better, and I am. I know you've noticed too. I don't seem sad around you anymore, I don't tell you I miss you or I love you anymore, and I don't talk about "us" or our relationship. I'm proud of myself, and so are my friends. I am so much happier now than I was a few weeks ago. Even if I have bad days, I will end up being ok. I always am!

U will never put me first or be the man that I deserve and I wish that my heart didn't miss anything about you. My feelings were never important and I wish that u would have taken a look at all the chances I gave u up until eventhis morning and u still expected me to meet u halfway. U could never take initiative and be romantic, it will always be about what do you get in return. That is not love, that is selfish desire and i hate myself for the feelings I have for you bc you aren't worthy of the love I unselfishly gave u

Hey,

as much as i miss you and as much as i love you and as much as i want you back, I realize that nothing I can do for you and nothing I can say can make you feel okay with yourself until you sort that out on your own.. you are my angel, my sunshine, and my punkin, and you deserve to feel well.. as one of the most amazing people I've ever had the pleasure to meet Im so sad that I cant be with you right now.. I love you.. i hope you know that, and that you know that when you're okay with yourself, and if i can at that time, i'd be happy to start this ride over again because you are the girl for me.. in my heart and soul i know this to be true..

Love

oxox

I want to hate you for putting me through this. But I can't. You are probably the most honest and genuine soul I have ever met; there isn't a bad bone in your body.

I don't believe in "the one" like you do but I really felt like we could have been soulmates with a long and happy future together. I wish you had felt the same. I wish that so much.

so lee, you make a post about your 'gf'....she sounds really like me. i even thought i was reading about me. if its true, i know its a very recent thing by other things you have said.

as if that wasnt enough of a bombshell, i find out next day in chat, that you still had feelings for your ex who came back onto the boards, and didnt know how to act around her. [me]. but youve been saying really good things about me, thought very highly of me, and someone else says you regretted your decision breaking up with me.

5 moths later after we broke up, i find out this.

i dont know what to make of it all...only that you have not made contact, you never looked back. sure you said to me recently you'd always wish me love and when you thought about us you still smiled...but thats it. you post on threads about love and soulmates and you seem to be describing what we had, how amazing that was, our connection and our lovemaking.

end of day either you havent a spine to admit your feelings to me, and face rejection, or you are just in love with the ideal of love. it is cosier and safer for you to keep me at arms length and fantasize about our intensity. see, thats not good enough for me, your words always were eloquent, your sentiments always beautiful, but you neglected me in the physical, when i needed you most you were not there, you stonewalled me for days when i wanted to sort things out, you said you wanted to marry me one day, then the next go on a break and i not see you for months.

does that sound like the love you thought you and i had? because from where i was, in a place of confusion, hurt and hell, that love you describe was fleeting and unstable. it wasnt solid, it wasnt something i could believe in...and neither were/are you.

but i admit, i still love you, i truly do...i still feel you and our connection that goes beyond the physical, but could never go back. maybe this is what its all about with you...it is the same for you.

how sad if that is the case.

Dear Ex...

I loved you whole heartedly (still do) but you are not going to ruin my life anymore!!! Its time I let go! I wish the child we had together wasn't yours, I really do as everytime I have to see you it hurts so much.

You have now expressed your feelings about you new tart to me and I have not stopped crying for days!!!! Not good when you turn up 9n my doorstep with your new designer clothes whilst I am struggling to make ends meet. You seem to be happy now so good luck with your life.....

However you are the biggest liar i have ever met, I chose to forgive and forget once before and it was probably the biggest mistake of my life.

You have got me into trouble with fraud and never stood up for me whilst at court! My family hated you from the very start they saw thru you, and so did all my friends You have left me in debt, thanks!!!

You told me you were divorced then when I was pregnant you admitted you are still married. You told me you could drive but when i was in labor you admitted you couldnt and I nearly gave birth on the doorstep!!!! The list is endless...

What will happen now is that you will do it all over again with your someone new, You did it to me, your wife, and your other kids that you haven't been interested in for 6 years!!!!

You really are lowlife scum, and I know the tears I cry for are not worth it....

I hope your new gf see's through you quicker than I did.....

So thankyou for leaving me and our daughter. Its the best thing you have ever done.

(i got this idea from another forum i visit frequently, if one like this already exists by all means ignore / delete this one.)

ok, it seems a few of us have had a rough time with the darned nc. I had fantasies today of unloading all this anger, longing, and "w-t-f" onto my ex. I am creating this thread as a place for all of us in pain to post instead of contacting ms/mr ex. It could actually be kind of fun, at least a release.

What would you like to tell him or her? Even if it's been building up for years, post it here! Rage-fest! Longing-fest! Do not contact that frigging ex, put it all here!!

awesome idea....just awesome!!!

Today I just wanted to call and tell you again that i'm going to be okay.. not to seem like i'm rubbing it in or anything... just so that you can focus on yourself and your issues, which was the reason for this whole mess, and I just didnt want you to be worrying about me..

I was referred to a psychologist by my (our) doctor today.. it was the same one as you have been seeing (sadly not enough to build enough trust so you can deal with things).. I called him and he's on vacation until early February.. this was disappointing because I needed to talk to someone.. but more because I know that you arent going to have a chance to talk to him until then either..

I miss you, and I love you..

I'm so sorry. I do know deep down that you really did love me. I've seen you cry over our old memories or cry because it didn't work out after all... I absolutely adore you. Always have and always will. And I DETEST myself for being so horrible.

I wish I hadn't deleted all our photos - do you still have them? Do you ever look at them? We were such a lovely couple next to each other I wish I could see those pictures now and just remember it all. Things are getting harder, not easier, and it's times like now that I realise just how much I truly did love you. I screwed up, and I'm sorry...

Please, please, please come back. I'm forgetting all the flaws and the bad things you've done in the past. I only remember the things I did wrong. I want a fresh start without all the past drama. I miss you more than I ever thought possible. I don't see myself ever getting over you. Remember that text you sent me telling me that I'm your one? I feel that way about you. Please feel that way back.

Can we just go back to my 20th birthday? Is it even possible I'll ever feel as happy or in love as I did on that night all those years ago? You kept telling every stranger we passed that it was my birthday. You said I was the most gorgeous girl you've ever kissed or ever will kiss. You made sure that everything was perfect for me. I'll never ever forget that... you're so amazing.

I might as well finish with the way we always finished things...

I will always love you.

x