Advice on cutting! *maybe cutters can help me with this*

toggle- i am going to answer your questions up front.

1. where to cut- anywhere. cutting is whatever you want it to be. you can cut anywhere and cut anything. but dont go for depth. shallow cuts can release as much anger as a deep cut, and deep cuts will bleed, and bleed and bleed. the clean-up is hard.

2. how to hide/excuses- first, long sleeved shirts are a life-saver! if you have cuts on your arm, wear long sleeves, a sweat-shirt maybe. i where a sweat-shirt until my cuts have healed. when they heal i cover them with make-up. you, are a boy so that may be hard for you to get make-up. but it covers well, usually. try using your mothers when she is not around. take her foundation and put a dab over the scar and blend it. the scar's color will become dull and less red. put on as much as you need to hide it. you do not have to cover it completetly, if some color show through, it will hardly be noticed. also try under-eye make-up for womens dark circles they get under their eyes. since it is so light colored, it covers reallly well, better than foundation. apply same as other. if someone does see them, say it is a cat scratch, a dog, a bird, of yours or say a friend's pet, cat etc, scratched you. or if its alittle bigger deeper cut, say you were cut on a metal fence, you fell or something.

i hope that my little advice helps, take care.

ps. the picture, with your name, if its you, your cute.

It's kind of ironic toggle, about how you thought everyone hated you. Since you put up your pic on enotalone, I have heard like 3 or 4 people say they liked you, and thought you were cute / hot. I'm just glad, because I think you are feeling a lot better. Congratulations, I hope you have fun in life.

Hey I Read Ur Story Thing and i have an answer to ur first Question well here it is any way i do it it will still hurt and feel good at the same time but if u dont want to found out by ur parents or something do it on ur leg its much more eazy to lie about and u dont take the risk of accidently killing ur self plus... the scars are easier to cover up unless u like to swim... hope this answers ur Question

• 2 weeks later...

ok, first of all, don't cut yourself, it's not worth it because eventually people are going to find out and freak out on you, i should know. it is not a good thing and it isn't something that i would recomend doing. however, i know that there's no way you would listen to me seeing as how you don't know me so i'll tell you this, when i used to cut myself i would do it on my upper arm and just wear shirts that covered that area. I feel bad for saying that and giving you advice on how to cut yourself, but yeah, please, just stop doing it and get help. i found that i could have prevented myself from cutting if i had just sat down and talked w/ the people that i care most about about my situation. so please, stop hurting yourself.

• 2 weeks later...

well i can't help you with the first question, since i cut myself with safety pins and that doesn't involve any veins or anything...you just sorta "carve" your skin until it bleeds...*shrug* i've found it hurts more and works better for me...

but with the 2nd question, if you have a dog or a cat you can say you got scratched by them. or if you play a sport, say it happened then...or say that you were just messing around and rubbed up against something that cut you...

but what i do is wear something over my wrist, like a wristband or bandana, that way i don't have to come up with excuses...

hope i helped

ps-you really should try to stop while you can though...i've been doing it for only like 5 months and i'm already addicted basically, i can't stop....and i know that which is why i'm trying to get help...so b/c i know exactly what you're going through, i'm suggesting you tell someone, a friend or someone like that. good luck and God bless

I am giving you advice based fully on the fact that I am really hoping you won't kill yourself. Ok cut in threes say it was a cat, or dog. Also safety pins will hurt and the holes disappear in like a day, but be ready sometimes they bleed. Put the safety pins in the top of your wrist or on the top of your hand or on the loose skin on the knee. I cut so I am telling you this, suicide is not the answer neither is cutting but for me it seems to be my only choice, as it may be for you. Please take care of yourself.

heya, im back

sorry i aint been on for a long time but i just recently posted my current feelings on my other post in the suicide category.

people really think im hot? wish someone round where i live would think that of me

dont cut your wrists..they are out in the open way too often and it is too easy to cut deep, bleed uncontrolably, get caught or have a hard time cleaning it up...good places are theighs, biscep, waists those all can be convered easily...

excuses could be you ran threw some bushes...fell skateboarding (if you skate) ..during school--got scratched on a desk..ect there are many..hopefully that helped

i cut burn and bruise myself and i dnt want to reinforce cutting because that wud be wrong. i am trying to stop but here are the answers to your Qs.......

1) you can cut your wrists whwere you like i cut on the sides of my arms aswell as my legs.... DO NOT KILL YOURSELF it isnt good believe me you dnt want to and think about your family. i depend on this site now and my friend soph. but seriously get help on this site for your suicidal thorts or c a pro.

2) i have used many excuses....

-my cat scratched me

-i caught mi arm in a rose bush

-i fell and there was little bits of glass on the ground

-its nuthin i jus got bord in maths wiv mi compas its not a big deal

or sismply tell the truth!!!

ok im here if u need me jus PM me and ill reply if you have any mor Qs that need answerin.

Jenny

xXx

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i think the first question to answer is, why do you feel the need to cut?

if you do it for the pain, it doesn't really matter where you cut. if you don't want to end up in hospital or dead, you shouldn't cut too deeply and you should probably avoid your inside wrists just in case. if you want people to see it, use your forearms. if you want to hide it, use your upper arms or legs. as far as i know there aren't any rules.

but if you are only doing it for attention - and don't take this the wrong way, but that is the impression your post gives - maybe you should think about getting some help. i only cut myself when i absolutely have to feel something else other than what's in my head. doing it so that people will think you are interestingly messed-up will only work for so long before people get tired of it.

but most importantly of all - PLEASE DON'T KILL YOURSELF. it's so wasteful and think about what it will do to people. things can and will get better. think about someone or something you love. if you kill yourself you will never have anything again.

• 3 months later...

hey

I cut too. I know I shouldn't but I do. I can't say that your bad for cutting or don't ever cut, but you really shouldn't start. When you start it's so hard to stop. Also if your cutting, why do you want to die. I have thought about suicide but cutting relieves the stressors. It keeps from killing yourself intentionally. Don't do anything too drastic.When you fo go to cut, just stop and think about all the people that you are hurting. Why do you really do it?? Is there anything that your madly in love with? ( besides me!!! LOL) Try and not cut and then go and do something else. What do you cut yourself with? Whatever it is throw it away. I was in ICU last year because i cut so deep. It's not fun. I can not tell you what to do but I can try and make things a little better.

GOOD Luck

Dez

B4RSK22B is so rite. cuz i kno...i cut i regret it and even though i regret it everytime that i do cut i just keep cutting...cutting can become very very addictive and can led to other things. you need to tell someone about this and learn that cutting doesnt solve the problem it just creates a bigger problem and there will be a point were u wont be able to hide this from ur friends and family they will find out if they kno that there is something wrong and besides there are signs that ppl can figure out that ur cutting. and where ur placing ur cuts it would be a little hard to come up with an excuse cuz i dought that they would work. So STOP before you become completely addicted and then will suffer. your not only hurting yourself but you are also hurting the ones that love you and care about u. so just think about wut i just said. cutting can be rele bad and can and will affect u in the longer run. so please understand that you should stop and not hurt yourself.....find a different method were it doesnt involve hurting yourself or anyone else

Please think about what i have said!

~chicksport

ah come on kid, thats not healthy. dont think im someone whos never delt wtih self injury, i struggled for 4 years with it. dont start, i know its hard but be strong, again which is hard to say. the scars are the hardest part to deal with, atleast for me and i know others say that. just please dont start, its hard to stop, its an addiction and you just keep going in a downward spiral. just try and try. chin up and cheer up little one

I don't think the whole STOP thing works much at least not in the long term, I guess it's the right thing to say but not the effective thing to say, much less to a person that is actually trying to perfectionate the cutting and doesn't seem to have any interest in stopping.

I think it's rather wise to seek advice, it prevents you from accidentally cutting in the wrong places and hitting a vein or causing an infection that might give you away.

About the suicide thing I'd recommend you searh the internet about methods, I did a couple of months ago when I was SERIOUSLY considering as an option, I google'd for 'painless suicide' and ended up in the creepiest website ever, I'd give you the link but the mods might get angry and delete the post.

Anyway, it was some sort of forum about people discussing all sorts of ways to kill yourself, it was really scary because most would say stuff like 'thanks, I'm gonna try it this sunday' and then never posted again and others seemed to be posting there for years and said stuff like 'oh I tried that too, but I chickened out at the last minute, I still got the scars though' or yeah: 'I tried vodka and barbiturics, but I just ended up unconscius for hours and then woke up puking my gust all over myself'.

It took away my wish for inmediate death, and made me decide to settle for cutting(I hadn't done it for over a year) trust me, unless you're going to lay on a railroad or jump from the top of a building you'll find that suicide is certainly no painless or simple.

Be REALLY careful with using pills, a friend of my mum's tried to overdose with pills and ended up alive and screwing several organs permanently, now she suffers from medicine induced diabetes and hepatic problems at the age of 26, as it happens all pill sold without presciption are suicide proof, so you'll just end up alive and hospitalized.

I was a cutter for years... I stopped because I promised my husband (who was just my boyfriend at the time) that I wouldn't do it anymore. But to answer your questions... I don't really think there is any one place that is or isn't appropriate. I know people who cut in all different places. I would actually avoid the wrist because it's too easy to hit the main artery, and because it's hard to hide. As far as good excuses. I always did it on the palm of my hand. I work in a factory, and my job requires the regular use of a box cutter. So it was really easy to just say I did it at work by accident.

But, above all I would say stop, but I know no one (especially not me) can MAKE you stop. It has to be your own decision. I stopped becaue it was upsetting someone I love. One day you will probably find a reson to stop like I did.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

there is no right or wrong way to cut...

it sounds like your wanting to cut to show off, to mabey show people how much your hurting, emotionally?....you need help, believe me, get help now, before it goes to far....

coz one day, your goignt o be getting a to a point where you cant get thru a day without thinking about cutting, it'll drive you crazy, you'll spend hundreds of $ on clothes and make-up, bandages, plasters and anything to cover them up and you'll wonder why you ever started....so do get help if you can

its not a light hearted topic.

and in response to the people who replied b4 me...stop trying to tell her to stop n condeming her for it, i hate it when people tell me that, its hard you cant just say stop...it doesnt work...

and excuses...lol...i just tell people that i dont want to talk about it, if they carry on i snap at them and walk off or started getting a bit tearful then walk out so they dont ask again...but usually people dont notice, i always wear long sleeves or arm bands

hope that helps a bit

First Question:

Everyone has their own cutting comfort zones. For me, its my wrists and forearms and then on my thighs. And if you're looking to kill yourself through slitting your wrists, not a good idea. Cutting helps cope...suicide is the permanent solution to a temporary problem. I can't tell you where to cut or to stop because then I would be a hipocrite.

Secon Question:

I never have really good excuses for the cuts or scars but then again, I don't let people see. Long sleeves...bracelets....pants....tights....arm warmers....everything to keep them hide. These cuts are mine and nobody can take them from me...they can't condem me for this. They are mine.

Overall Opinion:

Cutting can only distort problems, not get rid of them for you. In the end, YOU still have to deal with everything that comes your way. -hugs- Message me anytime.