I feel so empty inside

"Have you ever thought, when something dreadful happens, a moment ago things were not like this; let it be then not now, anything but now? And you try and try to remake then, but you know you can't.So you try to hold the moment quite still and not let it move on and show itself. MARY STEWART

I was facing a challenge today and had just stopped to think before I approached it when I had a dawning realization that made me feel sick to the pit of my stomach. I realized the last time it happened my beloved was alive, well and offering me encouragement. It was only a short time ago but in that short space of time my life has changed beyond all recognition. I had never really thought about in that way and it shocked me. To think we were blissfully unaware of what lay ahead and how precious the time was we were sharing. I ache to recapture that time but I know I cannot.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Today was not good. Someone told me something about my beloved which reinforced how much he loved me. I was at work so I had to carry on as normal when inside I felt like screaming. I managed to choke it back but had that pain in the throat you get when you are trying to suppress emotion like that. I wish I had one more chance to tell him I love him. But I can't and that causes this terrible ache deep inside.

I busied myself sorting through papers when I got home as it was an emotionally taxing day and I wanted to occupy my mind with other things rather than dwelling on painful memories. In the course of doing this I found something I had searched high and low for but was unable to find when my beloved was alive. I have great difficulty with things like this - facing up to the fact that the moment has gone forever and cannot be recaptured no matter how much anguish it causes. I need to earn to let it go instead of allowing it to upset me so.

Learning to let things go sometimes means it has to hurt when you first realize them. It's okay to look back at things, at moments gone and cry. They are worth crying for, what you lost is worth crying for. So don't think that you should just let these feeling go because they will fade when they are ready.

I did the most stupid thing tonight. My beloved was a good dancer but I never learned to dance. It was one of our plans for the future. Tonight, I decided to go along to a beginners dance class. I didn't really feel like going but it is something I had been meaning to do for a year so I went anyway. I wanted to make him proud and I thought dancing might help my mood too. It was an unmitigated disaster. It was very cliquish and there was nobody to partner me despite them advertising that no partner was needed. I felt like the kid that wasn't picked for the team and it just served to rub my nose in the fact I am on my own now. I held it together whilst I was there but couldn't stop crying on the way home. I don't know what I was thinking. It was too much to soon. I think I have to be kind to myself and take things much slower. I am feeling totally wiped out by the whole experience and the confidence I once had seems to have deserted me.

Wildflower, you did something yesterday that was very brave. Yes, perhaps it did not turn out like it should have, but in going you faced up to going somewhere that seems outright scary to me.

Silver lining - you went. Someday you will return there with your partner, but today you went, you saw, and now you know. Now pick back up something you always loved doing [not necessarily something he loved doing] and refind yourself! I wish you much luck in reclaiming your life!

Wildflower, you did something yesterday that was very brave. Yes, perhaps it did not turn out like it should have, but in going you faced up to going somewhere that seems outright scary to me.

Silver lining - you went. Someday you will return there with your partner, but today you went, you saw, and now you know. Now pick back up something you always loved doing [not necessarily something he loved doing] and refind yourself! I wish you much luck in reclaiming your life!

Thank you Lonewing. At the time I didn't think of it like that. It just felt like it had set me back a long way putting myself in that situation as I am quite shy.

I am trying to refind myself but it seems the old me has scarpered. Things I used to feel passionate about no longer have the same draw for me and the goals I had seem no longer relevant. But I shall continue to search as things like that were always important to me. Thank you for your encouragement.

I kno how you feel in regards to old interests having lost their luster; ever since my ex dumped me, I have had absolutely no desire to even think about my model railroad hobby, ahem, afliction, ahem, addiciton. I don't even find joy talking about the subject with my online friends whom I talk to about these things - and I used to spend hours talking about this stuff with them. It just stopped being important - the joy is gone.

On the other hand, I did finally get the drive to buy a mouthpiece for my new vintage Tenor sax so I finally got to play it after buying it about 2 years ago. It has some quirks that need to be worked out, but I do love the look and feel of it. Gorgeous 1930's silverplate!!

today I'm not even interested in doing my PT, which is rather bad because I leave for Basic Training in two weeks. I haven't been in the mood all week, it seems. It feels like what is coming will be relief, even if it I suddenly have to do more than I have ever had to do in my life!

This new phase of my life is both a blessing and a curse. On one hand, since I will be departed soon, I do not have the time to go and find myself someone new to be with - it would not be fair to her if we had one date and then suddenly I was gone. And I am further wary of seeking someone out or connecting with someone in this time because soon my life will be completely somethign a lot different than what it is now.

On the otherhand, I am still riding my body of the emotional baggage that is the remnants of my feelings for my Ex. And I cannot be fair to the next woman until those feelings are gone and buried for all time's sake. I need time to pass for those wounds to heal, and it won't just happen tomorrow. And this new phase of my ife is going to establish a full new sense of self that I do not have right now, and in a sense that is the single greatest part of what I am doing with my furture.

All this means is that in 6 months I will be ready to love again. I will be a stronger, smarter, older, wiser and more mature person. The boy will be no more, and in his place will stand a man, at long last!

You WILL feel his love again - perhaps not BY him, but THROUGH another.

His greatest gift is that he has taught you what love feels like, so you won't be so easily tricked when a new person comes along. You will know honest love when you find it, and you will not be so careless to let it go like so many are in this day and age!

Every weekend it's the same. I am not at work so I have time to think about things - painful things which cause an ache deep inside. I try not too by being kind to myself and doing something I feel like but my thoughts alway return to the same place. It leaves me feeling so depleted - I just manage to gather myself in time for Monday morning.

Weekend were tough for me too Wildflower. Love is always pulling us towards things, people and places. It's so difficult when that pull is so strong but the places you want to go don't exist and the person you want to be with is gone. It takes time for the heart to understand those things.

These feeling will fade in time. Just take each weekend as they come. ((Hugs))

Weekend were tough for me too Wildflower. Love is always pulling us towards things, people and places. It's so difficult when that pull is so strong but the places you want to go don't exist and the person you want to be with is gone. It takes time for the heart to understand those things.

These feeling will fade in time. Just take each weekend as they come. ((Hugs))

I suppose it is only to be expected that the weekends are worse than the weekdays but I guess I thought that I would begin to feel a little better when in fact it has gotten worse. I had to make a big effort to leave my bed and face the world yesterday. It scares me that this is my life now. I have always managed to find something to hang on to and help pull me through in bad times but with this it is like everything is smashed to smithereens - there is nothing.

I find it difficult to find a point on the horizon to head for now this utterly amazing and totally unique individual is gone and so have all our dreams. I should have been planning our wedding in Italy but in fact now I plan how to get through the day without falling apart. We were to start a family but now I try to plan my life alone. I can't even enjoy the memories as they usually lead me somewhere and the tears start. I wish I could find some meaning or reason in all this. It is just so cruel and painful.

Archived