Relationships and fun/weekends

JeckyllNHyde

For those of you who where once in a relationship or are in one:

What did/do you do on weekends to keep things fun/exciting?

All comments welcome!

I'm asking b/c I feel like me and the bf are a bit in a rut. We spend weekdays in- which I like. I don't need to go out every day.

Weekends have gotten a bit lazy though.. (He's low on cash but I don't mind paying for now.) We just get food/take out and watch tv- I'm to blame too since I'm a bit of a homebody! Nothing seems "exciting" though and a part of me just wants to go out and party so things get fun again.

We've gotten used to doing things 1-on-1 for the longest time ever, so I've really begun to crave hanging out with other people/couples. Not sure what to do to put the excitement back in WEEKEND.

That's the only thing I miss about being single. I used to feel lonely but it's like weekends always meant an outing was going to happen and fun (usually).

on weekends i go out with friends and family, as does my boyfriend, because we spend all week together. well, weeknights at least.

during the week we're often tired from work so we'll just grab drinks at a local place, have friends over, cook dinner, go out for dinner, watch movies, go to the gym, go on long drives or bike rides, paint, etc.

it's up to you guys and what you like doing the most. go out and grab a drink at a bar together, maybe at happy hour so it's cheap? have friends over for dinner, or go for a long drive and have a picnic/dinner somewhere nice

there's no limit to what you can do for fun!! make it up! have a romantic night in, and don't just sit around watching telly, cook for one another, have a bubble bath together, anything! hope it helped

not sure if you live near a beach but if you do, why don't you go during the day, or go for a walk at night? or a pool/lake/etc?

i also like doing things that involve some sort of friendly competition (which makes for fun makeup sex afterwards pool, boardgames, poker, etc. we've even played drinking games together just for fun (pong, kings.)

sometimes if there's nothing going on we'll go to a bookstore and browse together then sit in the cafe with a cup of coffee and just chill and read, sounds nerdy but i have a good time haha.

We have other couples we like to hang out with, so generally atleast once on the weekend we spend it with mutual friends or other couples...plus keeping our own personal social life open allows us to meet new people and bring in new people to our social lives as a couple.

We're both active, we talk alot of walks, do alot of hiking.

I do alot of research for places to go, and we just get in the car and go for the day. Pack a picnic and see where the road takes us.

We love finding ways to not spend money, in terms of like going out for dinner. Wing nights, restaurant deals, whatever.

He's gotten into reading alot more lately, so just grabbing a blanket and hitting up the beaches/parks and spending an afternoon reading.

We love coffee shops and pubs.

Its suprising how one beer, or one coffee can turn into 3 hours of conversation.

We've never been lazy in terms of planning things, it takes effort.

Reading the local paper for events, festivities, parties, concerts.

Making list of things you'd like to do, or have always wanted to do and scratching them off as you do them.

We've gotten used to doing things 1-on-1 for the longest time ever, so I've really begun to crave hanging out with other people/couples. Not sure what to do to put the excitement back in WEEKEND.

That's the only thing I miss about being single. I used to feel lonely but it's like weekends always meant an outing was going to happen and fun (usually).

What's stopping you from calling up the other people/couples that you know? Being in a relationship doesn't mean you have to be one-on-one all the time. If nothing is going on, you guys could try throwing your own party. I had a big wine and cheese party with one guy I was dating. We decorated, lit candles and everyone brought a bottle of wine. We got to do something different and see our friends, and it was romantic at the same time!

What's stopping you from calling up the other people/couples that you know? Being in a relationship doesn't mean you have to be one-on-one all the time. If nothing is going on, you guys could try throwing your own party. I had a big wine and cheese party with one guy I was dating. We decorated, lit candles and everyone brought a bottle of wine. We got to do something different and see our friends, and it was romantic at the same time!

Oh that sounds like so much fun! Sadly he doesn't have his own place at the moment, nor do I, so I'm waiting for us to move in and do stuff like that.

Today I decided it was time for a change. My whole weekend SUCKED since he was busy with band stuff and I was just too used to my routine with him. I didn't call anyone to do anything and spent fri+sat at home alone. With the tv and nothing to do on the pc. My fault, not his.

So yea. I had fun today even though it wasn't with him. Almost hopped on a plane and went somewhere with my family (but it didn't go thru).

If I'm gonna get out of this routine I may have to do it with other friends/by getting more social which is cool. I guess I'm just one of those people who falls into routines easy and likes it, so I'm gonna have to keep pushing myself not to.

He didn't seem to happy with it at first but I know he'll get where I'm coming from later.

You guys gave me some good ideas and I'm going to try and do more fun things (with him) instead of just sitting around and watching tv/playing vid games.

Archived